Tom Brady Topic

Posted by tangplay on 10/5/2021 11:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 10/5/2021 8:42:00 AM (view original):
Such wild and useless speculation by somebody who doesn't PLAY football.

It's just ridiculous to try and downgrade Brady as a QB by trying to claim "now" or at the moment.

In any game in which I was coach and I needed to win at all costs, for me, it's still Brady!

But a list of top QB's now (for me) would look something like:

1. J. Allen
2. M. Stafford
3. P. Mahomes
4. K. Murray
5. J. Herbert
6. T. Brady
7. D. Prescott
8. R. Wilson
9. A. Rodgers
10 D. Carr.
This list is just offensive. MAHOMES AT 3 BEHIND MATT STAFFORD AND JOSH ALLEN? Do you watch football? Russ at 8??????? Rodgers at 9??????

By the way, if you need to win, Mahomes has a higher career winning percentage than Brady and is more clutch than Brady.
What’s the matter - Brady wouldn’t sign your jersey?

You gave your opinion. People have read it.
So much ad neauseum and beating the poor dead horse to a bloody pulp.
10/5/2021 12:06 PM (edited)
nah I just like truth
10/5/2021 12:04 PM
Posted by tangplay on 10/5/2021 12:04:00 PM (view original):
nah I just like truth
I don’t think so.

You gave - your truth - and others gave theirs.
At some point you accept that opinions were made and you move on.
10/5/2021 12:10 PM (edited)
Dino = Jetson
10/5/2021 12:10 PM
Mahomes still makes too many dumb mistakes to be the top QB in the NFL.

Wilson has become "jumpy" in the pocket and won't stand in and deliver anymore.
And Rodgers is at this moment the most OVER-RATED QB in the league........Matt Ryan is 2nd!
Not really sure if He's even IN the top 10 or 15 anymore, what with all the young studs coming on.
10/5/2021 12:38 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 10/5/2021 12:38:00 PM (view original):
Mahomes still makes too many dumb mistakes to be the top QB in the NFL.

Wilson has become "jumpy" in the pocket and won't stand in and deliver anymore.
And Rodgers is at this moment the most OVER-RATED QB in the league........Matt Ryan is 2nd!
Not really sure if He's even IN the top 10 or 15 anymore, what with all the young studs coming on.
AND JOSH ALLEN DOESN'T???? Mahomes had the second lowest INT% in the league last year, Josh Allen and Stafford threw more interceptions. He had a huge completion percentage boost last year and is coming back down to earth.

What mistakes???? This year he's thrown a couple of picks, all on third down and the only one in a scoring position was the one that wasn't his fault. He's forcing more throws because his team's defense can't stop anyone and he needs 40 points per game to win. Punts don't help the Chiefs.

AND RODGERS NOT TOP 10??????? He was only the MVP last year????
10/5/2021 12:44 PM
Yea, as I said, over-rated. He shouldn't have been.
10/5/2021 1:04 PM
He led the league in adj y/a, Passer rating, QBR, and INT%. How did he not deserve the MVP?

Also I'd really like to hear the Allen>Mahomes argument.
10/5/2021 1:11 PM
These are elite players. To try to definitely decide who is “better” or more valuable to the team is like trying to compare Durant to James to giannis in some seasons
79-81 bird and Erving.
Or prime Maddux vs Pedro and Johnson.
No one really wins those arguments or needs to fight over that stuff.
You give your opinion and respect who someone else favors.
1s and 1a players pick em toss em respect them all for their greatness.
10/5/2021 1:22 PM
Until Allen wins a super bowl or even gets to one, I'll take Mahomes.
10/5/2021 2:18 PM
I'm likely over valueing Allen based on his growth lately.
But stats are crap. stats are stats. For twisting.
In the NFL it's about the ring, isn't it.

Mahomes has one......... end of story.......for now.
IF you go by stats only I may have been watching the best QB on my own home TV what with the start Murray has had.
Plus, I've really only seen 1 bonehead throw in the 4 games and I think I've seen every play this year.
10/5/2021 2:20 PM
Stats reflect the play on the field. If you play well, it shows up on the stat sheet.
10/5/2021 2:23 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 10/5/2021 2:20:00 PM (view original):
I'm likely over valueing Allen based on his growth lately.
But stats are crap. stats are stats. For twisting.
In the NFL it's about the ring, isn't it.

Mahomes has one......... end of story.......for now.
IF you go by stats only I may have been watching the best QB on my own home TV what with the start Murray has had.
Plus, I've really only seen 1 bonehead throw in the 4 games and I think I've seen every play this year.
Yes, Mahomes has one, and has taken his team to two. Considering this is his 4th full season, that's not too shabby. Josh Allen does not have any and has not yet taken his team to one. I like Allen, but I'll still take Mahomes
10/5/2021 2:31 PM
By the way, to this point Mahomes is quietly on pace to have the best year of his career against stiff competition. He's on pace for one of the greatest QB seasons ever, actually.
10/5/2021 6:31 PM
Posted by tangplay on 10/5/2021 12:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 10/4/2021 6:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/4/2021 3:34:00 PM (view original):
(also yes it's fun to have spicy takes sometimes, sue me)

dino can't read, I said in my original post "Not a top 10 QB right now," this has always been my point
Last year Tom Brady was a top 10 QB by QBR, passer rating, PFF grade, adjusted net yards/attempt, and pretty much any other overall evaluator of quarterback performance.

So far this year he's top 2 in all of them.

Seems like a difficult argument for you to back up. I think if you allowed the NFL GMs to redraft the league for one season, and do it today, Tom Brady would be taken inside the top 5 quarterbacks. I think Rodgers clearly goes ahead of him, probably Murray and Mahomes as well. He's got a real shot to go 4th. Depends on the system, though. Some coaches would definitely want a guy who can run.
You're cherrypicking stats to make Brady look good and are flat wrong on Brady's stats this year.

Last year he ranked 9th in QBR, which is barely top 10. He did rank 8th in adjusted NET yards/attempt but in adjusted yards per attempt he was 10th. Adjusted net yards/attempt is a bad stat because sacks aren't always on the QB - Brady had an elite offensive line. When you compare pressures to sacks taken, guys like Mahomes are the best in the league because they can avoid sacks by running. Passer rating is an irrelevant stat but he was 9th in that. PFF grade is subjective and I could break down a bunch of reasons why it doesn't matter (namely, their grading system is faulty in a lot of ways). I'm also factoring that Brady was 16th in INT% and his adj y/a is only that high because QB touchdowns are overrated in the formula (QB touchdowns really don't matter as much as people think). Overall, brady was around the 8th-10th best QB in the NFL last year. When looking at this year, I factor in that he's 44 and the NFL has a bunch of young QB's that are only improving, and he's not top 10.

This year Brady is 12th in adj net yards per attempt, so not sure what you're looking at. He's 9th in QBR and 14th in passer rating. His adjusted yards per attempt is carried by a bunch of 1 yard touchdowns - his straight up yards per attempt (the best QB stat IMO) is 17th, which is disgusting. My take has been validated so far - he's not been a top 10 QB this year.

If the NFL did a one year draft, where Brady would go would depend on whether you're factoring his overall leadership (and luck) or just going off of pure QB play. Just on pure QB play, he's not going in the top 10. Factoring in leadership, he's top 5.
My stats were from before the ugly New England game. He dropped a truly ugly amount after this weekend.
10/6/2021 5:44 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...13 Next ▸
Tom Brady Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.