Tom Brady Topic

Posted by cccp1014 on 2/1/2022 3:21:00 PM (view original):
tangplay, you have utterly embarrassed yourself with this thread. Congratulations.

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/32991242/nfl-betting-awards-watch-rodgers-closing-back-back-mvps

Brady retiring as the 2nd best player in the league...based on MVP odds.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-retires-a-rundown-of-nfl-records-the-former-patriots-bucs-qb-owns-after-legendary-career/

These are all the records, the "lucky guy" has.....
  • Most consecutive seasons in the NFL playoffs by a team, player or head coach: 13

As Mahomes just found out....its not easy to win in the NFL. Rodgers already knew that. As did Manning and Brees.

You start a draft now...pick any player from any generation and the first pick for anyone sane is Tom Brady. LOL

You need to stop eating those retard sandwiches
Of course Tom Brady is the greatest NFL QB in NFL history to date
It is ridiculous to argue against that.
Not worthy of a discussion.
Arguing James vs Jordan or Shaq vs Jabbar vs Wilt vs Russell yes but no one comes close to Brady especially in an age of more then 30 teams in the league
2/1/2022 4:45 PM
Posted by Jetson21 on 2/1/2022 4:45:00 PM (view original):
tangplay, you have utterly embarrassed yourself with this thread. Congratulations.

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/32991242/nfl-betting-awards-watch-rodgers-closing-back-back-mvps

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-retires-a-rundown-of-nfl-records-the-former-patriots-bucs-qb-owns-after-legendary-career/

• Most consecutive seasons in the NFL playoffs by a team, player or head coach: 13

As Mahomes just found out....its not easy to win in the NFL. Rodgers already knew that. As did Manning and Brees.

You start a draft now...pick any player from any generation and the first pick for anyone sane is Tom Brady. LOL

Arguing James vs Jordan or Shaq vs Jabbar vs Wilt vs Russell yes but no one comes close to Brady especially in an age of more then 30 teams in the league
Thank you
2/1/2022 5:49 PM

Much as I hate to say it, Brady is the best QB ever, but Montana comes close. Yes, Brady has more rings and went to more Super bowls than Joe, but Montana never lost a Super Bowl. Also, Brady played much longer. Today's NFL is much different from the NFL of Joe Montana. Who knows what Montana's final stats would have been if injuries hadn't forced him to retire. While I do think Brady is the GOAT it is hard to compare players from different eras.
2/1/2022 8:04 PM

Can you point me to a single point in this thread where I argued that Brady isn't the GOAT?

He's obviously the most accomplished QB ever. Definitely not the most talented but has achieved the most success.

He's also the most lucky QB ever. Both can be true. It's undeniable that Brady was gifted a really advantageous situation in his early years and has won numerous rings based upon lucky coincidences. Dee Ford, Robert Alford drop pick, Seahawks throwing on the 1, tuck rule, as just some examples.
2/1/2022 9:23 PM
At the same time, it's super obvious that Brady couldn't carry subpar talent post ~2018, and isn't on the level of guys like Mahomes, Allen, Rodgers, etc. at the moment. Per your same idea of having a draft for a single season, Brady probably isn't getting picked first. And that's ok! He's 44!
2/1/2022 9:25 PM
Brady has won a LOT of playoff games in which he played super poorly. Again, he's still the GOAT, but he's also the LOAT (luckiest of all time)
2/1/2022 9:26 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 2/1/2022 8:04:00 PM (view original):

Much as I hate to say it, Brady is the best QB ever, but Montana comes close. Yes, Brady has more rings and went to more Super bowls than Joe, but Montana never lost a Super Bowl. Also, Brady played much longer. Today's NFL is much different from the NFL of Joe Montana. Who knows what Montana's final stats would have been if injuries hadn't forced him to retire. While I do think Brady is the GOAT it is hard to compare players from different eras.
False argument. Montana only played in four because he didn't succeed and get to more. Brady got to 10. Tough to compare, I agree but calling Brady's success "luck" is crazy.
2/2/2022 9:11 AM
Posted by tangplay on 2/1/2022 9:23:00 PM (view original):

Can you point me to a single point in this thread where I argued that Brady isn't the GOAT?

He's obviously the most accomplished QB ever. Definitely not the most talented but has achieved the most success.

He's also the most lucky QB ever. Both can be true. It's undeniable that Brady was gifted a really advantageous situation in his early years and has won numerous rings based upon lucky coincidences. Dee Ford, Robert Alford drop pick, Seahawks throwing on the 1, tuck rule, as just some examples.
Luck goes both ways. Tyree catch, Manningham catch, chicanery from Philly equaled his three losses. Against the Giants he had a gimpy Gronk, who was useless on a badly sprained ankle. Against Philly he didn't have Edelman and Cooks was taken out of the game early and still put up monster stats. He deserved those he won and those he lost. That is football. But he got to 10!. That is amazing by any era standards. He then went to the most losing franchise in sports history and won the SB with them. Tampa owes Brady that SB, 100%.

Lucky...LOL...yeah OK.
2/2/2022 9:15 AM
I agree with Boris on this one. Luck had little to nothing to do with it. Dedication/commitment/desire makes luck.
Brady threw (throws) a very catchable ball with excellent accuracy and KNOWS where to go with it (reads defenses) and has a very quick release and is WILLING to stand in the pocket and deliver a clutch arrow to the right spot.

NONE have done it in the NFL at his level for so long..................EVER!!!
His record speaks for itself.
Only Bradshaw's SB record comes close and HE had a much better team for most of those games.
2/2/2022 10:07 AM
It is such a non issue I will just say duh.
2/2/2022 10:10 AM
Posted by tangplay on 2/1/2022 9:25:00 PM (view original):
At the same time, it's super obvious that Brady couldn't carry subpar talent post ~2018, and isn't on the level of guys like Mahomes, Allen, Rodgers, etc. at the moment. Per your same idea of having a draft for a single season, Brady probably isn't getting picked first. And that's ok! He's 44!
I mean as they enter the NFL at 22....what player do you start a franchise with. Its TB12 100%.

GOAT
Best QB Ever
Undeniable except for haters like you, who worship Pat Mahomes, who could not even beat Joe Burrow at home. PPPPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEASEEEEEEEEEEE.
2/2/2022 10:18 AM
Sports is to be enjoyed. We all have favorite players but I cant understand having an agenda against a great player who is not in any way controversial.
2/2/2022 10:28 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/2/2022 9:11:00 AM (view original):

False argument. Montana only played in four because he didn't succeed and get to more. Brady got to 10. Tough to compare, I agree but calling Brady's success "luck" is crazy.
I don't agree...if Montana had been able to play 22 seasons as Brady did, he probably would have made it to a few more super bowls. No way we will ever know though.
Also, where did I say luck had anything to do with Brady's success? I didn't. I also agree that Brady is the best QB ever. I just said I felt Montana was not that far off.
2/2/2022 12:07 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 2/2/2022 12:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 2/2/2022 9:11:00 AM (view original):

I don't agree...if Montana had been able to play 22 seasons as Brady did, he probably would have made it to a few more super bowls. No way we will ever know though.
Also, where did I say luck had anything to do with Brady's success? I didn't. I also agree that Brady is the best QB ever. I just said I felt Montana was not that far off.
Montana was 16-7 in playoff games Brady is 35 - 12....

What do you mean? And tangplay said he was the luckiest

2/2/2022 1:17 PM
Its like comparing The Who to The Beatles or The Rolling Stones.....great vs greatest.
2/2/2022 1:38 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...13 Next ▸
Tom Brady Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.