Tom Brady Topic

Posted by tangplay on 10/4/2021 2:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 10/4/2021 1:54:00 PM (view original):
personally I don't care enough about you to dislike you.
But you're right about one thing. i haven't seen anyone saying Brady is the best QB right now.
you haven't spent as much time dealing with the Brady cult.
Crazy guy - you call it a cult.
The rest of us call it the majority of football fans.
Do you know what a cult is ?
why doesn’t Brady deserve reveration

It is you who are in a little group of detractors.

Personally I don’t care What you think.

Im just pointing out How you think.
10/4/2021 2:40 PM
Dino = Jetson
10/4/2021 2:49 PM
His point was that not EVERY winning QB of a SINGLE Super Bowl was the best QB in the league that year..........which is correct, and well taken.
BUT, beside the point. For one thing there's the simple NUMBER of times he's been there. That PROVES a high level of season long play in multiple years.
Then there's the FACT of HOW he performed in those games, especially in the CLUTCH and how many times he's led his team to a CHAMPIONSHIP.

Until dethroned, IMO, he's the best the NFL has to offer in WINNING games, seasons, and yes, championships!
Has he the most skills at 40 something?? Prolly not, but he was still awfully good just last year and I, for one, am done doubting his drive and ability to elevate those around him.

As far as Tangy's point goes, he forgot to mention Doug Williams......... but then for that day, he was about as brilliant as Brady. One time.
10/4/2021 2:51 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 10/4/2021 2:51:00 PM (view original):
His point was that not EVERY winning QB of a SINGLE Super Bowl was the best QB in the league that year..........which is correct, and well taken.
BUT, beside the point. For one thing there's the simple NUMBER of times he's been there. That PROVES a high level of season long play in multiple years.
Then there's the FACT of HOW he performed in those games, especially in the CLUTCH and how many times he's led his team to a CHAMPIONSHIP.

Until dethroned, IMO, he's the best the NFL has to offer in WINNING games, seasons, and yes, championships!
Has he the most skills at 40 something?? Prolly not, but he was still awfully good just last year and I, for one, am done doubting his drive and ability to elevate those around him.

As far as Tangy's point goes, he forgot to mention Doug Williams......... but then for that day, he was about as brilliant as Brady. One time.
His point was that he was lucky throughout his entire career and and the most overrated and has a cult of mesmerized believers. And plays terrible in his wins. That’s what he said.

His original post never discussed his being second or third or whatever in a single year.
It morphed into that. That is what he does.
10/4/2021 3:02 PM (edited)
LUCK has little (if not nothing) to do with the level of success he's had with the single number of different TEAMS! (even franchises, now).
On that point, Tangy was being an idiot and trying some new fishing bait..........well, not so new.
LOL.
10/4/2021 3:06 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 10/4/2021 3:06:00 PM (view original):
LUCK has little (if not nothing) to do with the level of success he's had with the single number of different TEAMS! (even franchises, now).
On that point, Tangy was being an idiot and trying some new fishing bait..........well, not so new.
LOL.
That’s right and he always does that but this time he is being called out on it.
Really immature and dishonest.
10/4/2021 3:19 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 10/4/2021 2:51:00 PM (view original):

Brady was elite from around 2005-2018 but since then he has not been a top 5 QB and recently not a top 10 QB. He's carried by the weapons around him right now and even then isn't very efficient. As a leader? Amazing, the greatest ever and still the best. As a player? Yeah, no.
10/4/2021 3:31 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 10/4/2021 3:06:00 PM (view original):
LOL.
dee ford, malcolm butler, vinatieri, tuck rule, 28-3 (robert alford), 3 points allowed vs rams, etc.

Luckiest QB of all time. He has a winning record when scoring 16-19 points.
10/4/2021 3:33 PM
(also yes it's fun to have spicy takes sometimes, sue me)

dino can't read, I said in my original post "Not a top 10 QB right now," this has always been my point
10/4/2021 3:33 PM
Well, debateable. Maybe, but I would venture Brady is a better QB right now today, then Aaron Rodgers is.
And Rodgers has a ton of fans.

Right this minute I'd have to put Big Ben in the bottom 3 or 4!
10/4/2021 3:40 PM
I'd say Bradshaw was the luckiest QB of all time..........far beyond Brady.
10/4/2021 3:41 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 10/4/2021 7:02:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/4/2021 2:51:00 AM (view original):
  • Luckiest QB in NFL history
  • Not a top 10 QB right now
  • Consistently wins games in which he plays terribly but gets all the credit
  • Has a cult following that genuinely believes him to still be the best QB in the NFL without anything to back it up
Do we have a section for football? This forum is NON sports
This is the post.
Jetson reads perfect.
Not top 10 right now means 2021.
And last season on a brand new team leads team to super bowl. Most people believe that does mean something and they went from 7-9 to 11-5 and then won all those playoff games...first playoffs since 2007.
Two super bowl wins 2 years in a row and two different teams.
10/4/2021 4:40 PM
Jetson= Dino
10/4/2021 4:43 PM
Oh and BTW on QB index ranked number one after first 3 games.
10/4/2021 4:47 PM
Posted by bronxcheer on 10/4/2021 4:43:00 PM (view original):
Jetson= Dino
Poor brain damaged guy.
When you walk past him don’t forget to put a few pennies in his cup.
10/4/2021 4:49 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...13 Next ▸
Tom Brady Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.