If Ben Simmons could become a steady 65% and up free throw shooter in regular season and playoffs I wouldn’t care if developed a jumper or not.
Give him 2 more points a game at least on free throws and he never has to leave the floor in crunch time and he is golden.

If he became a 70% free throw shooter he is absolutely perfect as is.

It is a pity he wastes so much time in off season on 3 pointers and long jumpers.
10/5/2021 1:52 PM
and why the F is he only 100% at PG?

10/5/2021 3:04 PM
It looks like a real possible trade could be made with Toronto. Simmons for Annunop and 2023 number 1 pick.
Annunop is very very versatile like Simmons and young at 24 and improving and already proven. A true shooting forward with a terrific 3 ball. He would start at
SF. And he is solid at defense. With Maxey looking for real Maybe this is going to happen.

There would be a throw in one year veteran point guard also.
10/21/2021 4:04 PM
If anyone is following the 76ers I have a question.
If you ran a team making an offer to the 76ers after Simmons and the team mended fences ( hypothetical) and the 76ers gave you a choice of Simmons or Maxey would you want Maxey more then Simmons now after the start Maxey is off to at 21 years old. Just turned 21 a few days ago.
11/12/2021 10:52 AM
Might depend on what city your team is in. Simmons being on a max is a bit scary, but it does lock him down in a market where he might not sign otherwise. And I do think overall his ceiling remains higher.

I think it's a strong case in favor of the Kings. No, they're not one of the top 3 California teams he prefers, but it's still California. I feel like he'd be OK.

If you're the Lakers, Clippers, Heat, Warriors, etc. you'd probably rather have the cap room benefits that come with a guy like Maxey since you can more easily fill the cap room with studs. Admittedly a lot of those teams won't have cap room either way - but the luxury tax is no joke once you hit certain thresholds either.
11/12/2021 12:25 PM
The cap is a great practical point but after watching Maxey as 19-20 yo rookie and seeing him now as a starter I think I would prefer Maxey. I think he will be an all star next season and is a far far better scorer. His assist to turnover ratio is excellent as is his defense and he is an 88% free throw shooter.
And he is a clutch player down the stretch.
11/12/2021 2:01 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.