Rotten Plagues and 'Pandemics' Topic

Dino =Jetson
10/6/2021 5:06 AM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 10/6/2021 12:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 10/5/2021 11:13:00 PM (view original):
I wonder what all those people who died during the black plague would say to their fellow citizens who refused to take a vaccine that could’ve greatly reduced the deaths and sickness.
The black plague had a kill rate over 30% of COURSE I would vax. Read it again, and if you think these two are equally deadly, then we are done (for now)

You might like this

U Tube link

https://youtu.be/F6EHwBj78Wk

Jesus Christ
10/6/2021 7:21 AM
Posted by tangplay on 10/6/2021 1:44:00 AM (view original):
Actually, check that. I think both of you are so dumb that I could say exactly what I meant in plain language and you would still misinterpret it.

My point was that two things can both be bad without being equal. If a pandemic kills 3 million people, that's not as bad as a pandemic that kills 20 million people. But both are bad and we should take precautions to stop the spread of both pandemics. Just like killing one person isn't as bad as killing 33 people, but both are bad and deserve some consequence.
+1
10/6/2021 7:22 AM
Posted by Uofa2 on 10/6/2021 7:22:00 AM (view original):
Actually, check that. I think both of you are so dumb that I could say exactly what I meant in plain language and you would still misinterpret it.

My point was that two things can both be bad without being equal. If a pandemic kills 3 million people, that's not as bad as a pandemic that kills 20 million people. But both are bad and we should take precautions to stop the spread of both pandemics. Just like killing one person isn't as bad as killing 33 people, but both are bad and deserve some consequence.
+1
I knew what you meant.
I just think it is pretty silly going to such effort to explain some pandemics are worse.
Everybody in the world knows that.
If that’s brilliant you must get a Nobel prize when you burp.
10/6/2021 10:05 AM (edited)
Posted by Jetson21 on 10/6/2021 10:05:00 AM (view original):

+1
I knew what you meant.
I just think it is pretty silly going to such effort to explain some pandemics are worse.
Based on your comments it didn’t seem like you got what he meant.

lostnfound is the one who went to the lengths- tang just pointed out that it was dumb. You’ve chosen to criticize tang. Ok.

it doesn’t appear that everyone in the world knows this. Why lostnfound thought tang was calling him a murderer and saying his dad could beat up his dad, so apparently critical thinking and understanding analogies isn’t for everyone.
10/6/2021 10:27 AM
Dino = Jetson
10/6/2021 10:52 AM
Posted by Uofa2 on 10/6/2021 10:28:00 AM (view original):

+1
I knew what you meant.
Based on your comments it didn’t seem like you got what he meant.

lostnfound is the one who went to the lengths- tang just pointed out that it was dumb. You’ve chosen to criticize tang. Ok.

it doesn’t appear that everyone in the world knows this. Why lostnfound thought tang was calling him a murderer and saying his dad could beat up his dad, so apparently critical thinking and understanding analogies isn’t for everyone.
Come on.
I don’t get embroiled in useless nonsensical stuff involving anyone.
when I say I don’t get it I mean I don’t get the ridiculous back and forth over 2 plus 2 = 4 not 5 and elevating such nonsense into a serious discussion.
It is embarrassing to read such tripe and hot air.

10/6/2021 11:43 AM
I like to exchange interesting information and have non polarizing discussions about things not always talked about or if it is like Covid some actual facts not readily available.
My numbers on Covid are crunched by me.
I do the research and I bring it.
You won’t find the info on the death rate in 50-65 in some article and I don’t reprint articles and leave them there as posts.
Any idiot can do that and they do.

It is silly to talk about gun control in the abstract.
Its been done a zillion times.
Find an important legal case or new law enacted or new federal policy and discuss all of the plethora of issues that might stem from those developing news stories.

Clearly there are only a few people here capable of being involved in a discussion.

I do try to temper the insults and rabid dog spewing and consider tolerating opposing views but I really do look down on really trite and hackneyed discussions from people who are capable of better.
10/6/2021 11:54 AM (edited)
Again on LNF I accept that his opinions come from long held deeply believed religious views.
He is not a racist or anything of the sort.
I feel zero need to dissuade him of his point of view and if he wants to focus on how much worse the bubonic plague was so be it. After all it was worse.

Sometimes it is just best to let certain comments stand on their own without raising them into manufactured discussions or correcting people.
10/6/2021 11:59 AM
If the above leads to more derision so be it.
If it gets more stupid comments from the jack ***** I expect it.
I will continue to post because I like to.
10/6/2021 12:02 PM

+1
I knew what you meant.
You clearly didn't lol. And you're still missing the point. But that's OK, I'll explain it again for you. Lostnfound isn't just saying that the pandemics are different, he's saying that because COVID is not as bad as the bubonic plague, COVID is no big deal.
10/6/2021 12:25 PM
Posted by Jetson21 on 10/6/2021 12:00:00 PM (view original):
Again on LNF I accept that his opinions come from long held deeply believed religious views.
I feel zero need to dissuade him of his point of view and if he wants to focus on how much worse the bubonic plague was so be it. After all it was worse.

Sometimes it is just best to let certain comments stand on their own without raising them into manufactured discussions or correcting people.
lmao can you leave again please?
10/6/2021 12:27 PM
Dino= Jetson
10/6/2021 12:33 PM
Posted by tangplay on 10/6/2021 12:25:00 PM (view original):

+1
I knew what you meant.
You clearly didn't lol. And you're still missing the point. But that's OK, I'll explain it again for you. Lostnfound isn't just saying that the pandemics are different, he's saying that because COVID is not as bad as the bubonic plague, COVID is no big deal.
I know and I say again so what.
10/6/2021 12:38 PM
Posted by tangplay on 10/6/2021 12:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jetson21 on 10/6/2021 12:00:00 PM (view original):

lmao can you leave again please?
Im here whether you like it or not.
10/6/2021 12:45 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Rotten Plagues and 'Pandemics' Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.