We should ban the name/word Brandon Topic

The U.S. Marine Corps veteran seen on video stopping an attempted robbery at an Arizona convenience store has accepted an award from the Yuma County Sheriff’s Office for this "extraordinary heroism and exceptional courage" wearing a "Let's go Brandon" T-shirt.

James Kilcer was presented with the Citizen’s Valor Award on Tuesday following the Oct. 20 incident.

10/27/2021 7:51 PM
"Trump supporter did good thing"

wow what great political commentary thx
10/27/2021 10:59 PM
Is a civilian getting involved of an in-progress robbery really a good thing?

Honestly, I can see my answer to that question depending a lot on whether it's a small independent establishment or a branch of any regional or national chain of convenience stores. 7-eleven certainly has the clout to get a fair insurance settlement on any large amount of money stolen, in the unlikely event there's enough on site to even clear the deductible. If not, they can afford to eat that loss. When you risk escalating it into violent territory you're putting a lot more at risk than probably a couple hundred bucks.
10/28/2021 4:09 PM
Let them steal. How hard is that to understand!?!
10/28/2021 4:26 PM
No. You put words in his mouth which is so cowardly and detestable.
Dash was referring to the idiotic Absolutism rampant in our society.
Heroism is so welcomed but not when it would recklessly put other people in grave danger.
Even good samaratins have limitations on their behavior.
Like it or not the world is often a very gray place and you really have to think before you act.
In fact an off duty police officer on many occasions has respected the philosophy of discretion being the better part of valor and armed police officers must also take into account the safety of others before choosing a course of action or any course of action.

Think before you leap.
10/28/2021 4:48 PM (edited)
Posted by bruceleefan on 10/28/2021 4:26:00 PM (view original):
I've worked retail before and employees are trained to not resist when someone is attempting to rob the store because that endangers yourself and others.

Instead, you try to get all the info you can of the person and work with police.
10/28/2021 6:28 PM
Posted by tangplay on 10/28/2021 6:29:00 PM (view original):
I've worked retail before and employees are trained to not resist when someone is attempting to rob the store because that endangers yourself and others.

Instead, you try to get all the info you can of the person and work with police.
Work with police? Maybe if you're a fascist right winger.

We need to defund the police now! All of the democrats who talked so openly about defunding the police during last year's summer of love have so suddenly shut up. Have right wing interests got to them? Hypocrites!

Let me say it again for the people in the back: defund the police!!!
10/28/2021 7:06 PM

Yup
10/28/2021 8:13 PM
Posted by coreander on 10/28/2021 7:07:00 PM (view original):

Work with police? Maybe if you're a fascist right winger.

We need to defund the police now! All of the democrats who talked so openly about defunding the police during last year's summer of love have so suddenly shut up. Have right wing interests got to them? Hypocrites!

Let me say it again for the people in the back: defund the police!!!
I'd rather defund you.
10/29/2021 1:26 AM
We should ban the name/word Brandon Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.