what culture wars do to a mf Topic

Imagine being a former President weighing a run in 2024, and deciding that a great use of your time would be to fly to Atlanta to attend a World Series game in a city you've never lived in, just so you can participate in "the chop" and plant your flag in a culture war issue that seems to be the only thing conservatives care about anymore.

Just think about how sad that existence would be. As a former President, flying to another city for a baseball game just to virtue signal that you aren't woke or whatever. It would be funny if it weren't so depressing.
10/31/2021 12:36 PM
I agree about the depressing thing about a culture war but it isn’t really about culture in my opinion.
To me it is about people who are really angry about one or more of several things grouping together and a whole lot of them are still angry about being reminded that the slavery states lost the civil war and had laws imposed on those states.
That tradition of resentment has never died and it spread to their kindred spirits throughout the rest of the country.

Archie Bunker came from the Bronx but he might as well have been from Alabama.

To me the saddest part is a lot of smart 25-35 year olds who think they should vote Republican because of what they deem as the better economic agenda
while having not a care in the world about issues of democracy.
That age group could end up killing America because they should be considered safer Democrat voters.
10/31/2021 1:06 PM
I love a supposed Yankee fan doing that too.

10/31/2021 10:19 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 10/31/2021 10:19:00 PM (view original):

I saw people saying, "Trump just likes sports!"

Yeah, sure, buddy. Whatever you say. He just happened to be at this specific game making sure to get caught on camera doing that specific thing.

It's just sad.
10/31/2021 10:44 PM
Posted by tangplay on 10/31/2021 10:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 10/31/2021 10:19:00 PM (view original):

I saw people saying, "Trump just likes sports!"

Yeah, sure, buddy. Whatever you say. He just happened to be at this specific game making sure to get caught on camera doing that specific thing.

It's just sad.
Like just strictly as a fandom thing, as a Twins fan, I’m never doing the chop. I can’t understand a Yankees fan doing it either.

Of course he’s not really a Yankees fan or sports fan, it’s like you say, just culture war nonsense.
10/31/2021 11:03 PM
He needs to stay in the public eye to keep raising cash for the 2024 run which will probably not happen.
We know what happens to the cash.
10/31/2021 11:26 PM
what culture wars do to a mf Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.