$52M Draft LXXIV Commentary Topic

Is there a league #?
1/10/2022 11:13 AM
Posted by dontburnearl on 1/10/2022 11:13:00 AM (view original):
Is there a league #?
NBA68368

Was in a sm.
1/10/2022 8:53 PM
Hey, sea, thanks for the detailed and loopy evals. Keep 'em coming!

I was pretty surprised that Wade dropped to the bottom of the second round. I blame recency bias, plus the increasing preference in this league for high shooting efficiency over pretty much any other factor. That said, Wade has been the cornerstone of multiple championship teams in the league, which is more than I can say for several players drafted ahead of him.

Giannis and Wade are not a natural pairing; I just couldn't pass on the latter. That tandem takes care of usage and gives me a great start on everything else except 3s. Holiday in the third helps some with that need, and gives me three great defenders at the outset.

i gambled a bit with the combination of J. Allen and Tree, and at that point I'm super skinny on minutes across the front line. I was really hoping that Okafor would fall as far as he has in some recent drafts. O'Quinn is decent consolation, and I found him some quality help post-draft.

Tatum was another gamble, but I needed his 3s and he's got one season with adequate D. He'll come off the bench but snare most of the minutes at SF, with Giannis doing spot duty at SF and SG (98% effective at the latter, with the season I'm using).

I have no idea what will happen with this squad, but it will be fun to find out.
1/11/2022 11:42 AM
loopy evals....haha perfect description thanks for the feedback ltb

1/11/2022 10:11 PM
I thought it interesting that Ewing wasn’t drafted. Maybe the D increases on some older players like Willis Reed blocked him out?
1/11/2022 11:27 PM
not so great on the boards and sub-optimal positional flexibility
1/12/2022 12:57 AM
clutch Nightfly reference
1/12/2022 1:00 AM
Posted by copernicus on 1/12/2022 12:57:00 AM (view original):
not so great on the boards and sub-optimal positional flexibility
You're right about the impaired positional flexibility, but in most contexts I'd consider him along with Mourning and take him over Stoudemire.
1/12/2022 8:49 PM
I would take Zo, yep - kind of best of both worlds - Amare has sick low TO% though
1/12/2022 9:28 PM
From what I can tell these are the Top Drop-Outs from last season's draft to this year's: Jamaal Murray, Faried, Cheeks, Nowitzki, McMillan, Nurkic, Humphries, Arvydas Sabonis, Rondo, and Jaylen Brown. Top new additions are: Beal, Booker, Unseld, Pau Gasol, and Willis Reed.
1/14/2022 4:27 PM
Hey! Dont give away the good undrafted players!! Lol
1/14/2022 6:19 PM
I think Pau got drafted - I had Jaylen in my back pocket for a long time but went another way
1/14/2022 7:58 PM
Yes--Pau is part of the new additions. I think a week after the draft is long enough to when we can start commenting on undrafted players....wink wink hint hint. ....yawn...ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
1/14/2022 9:43 PM (edited)
well there are a relatively large number of Jalen like guys available - I wouldn't draft to it anymore - you can piece together plenty of 20u 10-10 r/a 30+per 55% e d 40+ guys out there especially because of the last couple of seasons worth of player seasons

Tobias Harris was the guy I was really hoping to see fall through the cracks but we've got too many savvy owners in this league
1/14/2022 10:01 PM
First off, thanks seapilots for doing the evals. They always add so much to the experience when people have time to do them. I know it takes time. You, and the division drafters have more faith in my squad than I do. I have not been able to figure out this league (and the Savage) compared to the ODL.

I had drafter's remorse very quickly with Covington. I had about 3 minutes to make the pick and kind of forgot I had nixed him for someone else. I had trouble with usage/ast% with him in the lineup so I am using his lowest-priced season and he is not really playing that much. I would have picked Pat Bev who ended up going undrafted so no harm really.

My teams in these higher/uncapped leagues tend to be deficient rebounding wise so I tried to address that. The 2nd pick was between Camby and Kyrie so I was happy to still get Kyrie in the 3rd. Bogut's minutes fit with Shaq and Camby for a nice combo. As you noted SGA is a good fit with Kyrie minute-wise and other stats. Henson brings the rebounding/d/efg I was looking for.

We will see, not really expecting anything above middle of the pack.
1/16/2022 9:51 AM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9 Next ▸
$52M Draft LXXIV Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.