$52M Draft LXXIV Commentary Topic

love to see a division draft result where you wind up in a division where all the teams in it were graded higher by the other drafters
1/16/2022 10:56 AM
The plan is LeBron and Luca pulling defenders/rebounders out to maximize offensive rebounds. I mean that became the plan after i drafted Doncic since he seemed to be the best player on the board in the late 2nd round. Think I did a pretty decent job of subs mimicking strengths of starters.

Will it work? Of course not.
1/17/2022 9:05 AM
pulling them out as if there is a conceptual space is interesting

I suspect range gravity or doubling might achieve something like that, maybe a matchup that pulls a strong rebounder into an onball defensive assignment?
1/17/2022 4:32 PM
I’m not sure how LeBron is supposed to pull defenders out to the perimeter when his highest percentage of shots is in the paint.
1/17/2022 4:38 PM
yeah, you need a Steph or a Shaq to create the gravity in their respective zones that will necessitate a +/- range focus coaching decision
1/17/2022 6:34 PM
My 3rd pick of Porter, I was going back and forth on him and Collins. I decided on Porter with the thought of using him at SG(98%) but I just couldn't make it work to my liking
1/18/2022 7:05 AM
Its funny you mentioned that you would take Big Ben there. I DID pair him with Harden last season and did really well, but exited the playoffs early (which is par for the course for me really), But last season I also wanted Kawhi over Big Ben and he was available this time so I could go through with my original plan from last season. I got basically everyone I planned for each round until Drexler and RWIII got sniped from me
1/18/2022 9:03 AM
Posted by copernicus on 1/17/2022 6:34:00 PM (view original):
yeah, you need a Steph or a Shaq to create the gravity in their respective zones that will necessitate a +/- range focus coaching decision
Well in that case, that's the beauty of it. Not quite enough to justify a +/-. Or maybe just enough because Lebron scores inside well enough? We're a confused offense. Very difficult to defend.
1/18/2022 9:38 AM
nice work sea
1/18/2022 11:53 AM
Thanks for the great review copernicus. I agree that my squad has a lot of potential. I remember taking Moses Malone at pick # 4 several years ago and was quite happy with that. I also remember back in the day having a debate between which big man to take between Moses, Shaq and Dwight Howard. Plus, I think that the banned, former great owner 98average, was the only owner to win this league with Moses Malone. Who were the major running mates he took to the title with him ??? . . . Terrell Brandon and Oscar Robertson. It was the higher 26% usage Oscar season with the 51% EFG. I like this team better than that one. Great evals. Thanks again.
1/18/2022 8:25 PM
I didnt do it but I do like your team such as it is
1/18/2022 10:28 PM
Why did someone get banned?

I thought that only happened to one state.
1/18/2022 10:48 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9
$52M Draft LXXIV Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.