Missing posts -FAQ/Advice for Newbies Topic

Was trying to find some old threads and noticed the first posts in the Advice for Newbies and FAQ stickies are both gone. Does everyone else have this issue as well?

If so, has anyone heard from Contrarian? Hoping it's just a site glitch and hoping he's doing ok.
1/6/2022 10:55 AM
Hmmm yes, missing for me as well ... very strange. He posted in the league chat in his build a theme league 2 days ago though .....
1/6/2022 11:09 AM
He entered a team this morning in my 85M + you pick. 6/2 AAA.
1/6/2022 11:51 AM
He must have relocated them...
1/6/2022 11:54 AM
tired of giving sh*t away

heard a rumor the new powers that be were paying teachers

not what they're worth but at least something

is my guess
1/6/2022 1:19 PM
Yes, he's some places but removing stuff in others, including the identify AAA newb thread and incriminating evidence being rude to someone who made an honest mistake/observation about 10-game small samples. Fortunately both were preserved in reposts by others. Identify AAA is later in the newb help thread via oooodoggy. Maybe someone else could top of page re-pin it. Maybe I've just-in-case also hid it somewhere else for everyone's future benefit in case it disappears again . . .
1/6/2022 1:32 PM
incriminating evidence lmao

1/6/2022 1:58 PM
Posted by Mwett on 1/6/2022 1:32:00 PM (view original):
Yes, he's some places but removing stuff in others, including the identify AAA newb thread and incriminating evidence being rude to someone who made an honest mistake/observation about 10-game small samples. Fortunately both were preserved in reposts by others. Identify AAA is later in the newb help thread via oooodoggy. Maybe someone else could top of page re-pin it. Maybe I've just-in-case also hid it somewhere else for everyone's future benefit in case it disappears again . . .
Omg - contrarian is a nice guy and a brilliant guy.
It is so polarizing and snarky to use the word incriminate
and to try and tarnish him.
1/6/2022 2:23 PM
Says the guy who's been banned on 2 accounts and spends equal time in non-sports either talking to himself in one thread and irritating everyone in other threads. Stay in your lane, dino27

Besides, nothing in my post is inaccurate that others havent already noticed (missing post) or expressed similar sentiment (rude post) elsewhere.
1/6/2022 2:40 PM
Posted by Mwett on 1/6/2022 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Says the guy who's been banned on 2 accounts and spends equal time in non-sports either talking to himself in one thread and irritating everyone in other threads. Stay in your lane, dino27

Besides, nothing in my post is inaccurate that others havent already noticed (missing post) or expressed similar sentiment (rude post) elsewhere.
Who gives you the authority to tell me I cant post
and why would anybody take your comments as reputable in your mean spirited attack on a Wis fixture.

We are on two different sides of fairness and civility
and mania to discredit people like they are criminals.

You have always tried to get me into trouble when I respond to the types of comments you made about Contrarian and sometimes you are successful.

Thats all I will say because of that and others can judge what they think about this for themselves.

You can have all of the last words that you want.
1/6/2022 2:57 PM (edited)
I've been here for 15+ years so feel qualified to say that contrarian is one of the (probably the #1) most helpful owner on this site. Not just a great and knowledgeable owner, but a generous one.

As for being "rude" with newbies, however you look at it he at least takes the time to respond to their concerns with informative posts. Most of use will look at a newbie's silly hot take and just smile because we couldn't be bothered.

P.S. The "Block User" feature was implemented for a reason. Better to ignore the trolls than to engage with them.
1/6/2022 3:07 PM
my guess is he just went on tilt and has decided to no longer frequent the strategy forum, which is a shame.
1/6/2022 3:23 PM

I've been here for 15+ years so feel qualified to say that contrarian is one of the (probably the #1) most helpful owner on this site. Not just a great and knowledgeable owner, but a generous one

This 100%. This is also why I made this thread - out of worry/concern over someone who I consider one of the most helpful users on this site, and out of curiosity as to what happened to the posts he spent countless hours putting together.
1/6/2022 3:24 PM
Contrarian is on a very short list that’s just him, johngpf, and biglenr in terms of helping new owners and passing on understanding of the site/game.

He bumped a bunch of help threads earlier in the week. My guess is he’s working on an updated help thread or two.

Maybe he did get tilted and deleted some things. Wouldn’t be the first time (biglenr did that once, too). We’ve all got our pushing points. But I’m more inclined to side on side of him being helpful until there’s more substance showing otherwise.
1/6/2022 3:52 PM
Posted by just4me on 1/6/2022 3:52:00 PM (view original):
Contrarian is on a very short list that’s just him, johngpf, and biglenr in terms of helping new owners and passing on understanding of the site/game.

He bumped a bunch of help threads earlier in the week. My guess is he’s working on an updated help thread or two.

Maybe he did get tilted and deleted some things. Wouldn’t be the first time (biglenr did that once, too). We’ve all got our pushing points. But I’m more inclined to side on side of him being helpful until there’s more substance showing otherwise.
I was just about to post that if there's legitimate reason for a temporary disappearance of the helps thread and we'll see it again, I'll apologize. Or maybe there was outside influence in its removal. Who's knows. Curious if there's more to bagchuckers mystery rumor reference than meets the eye. In any event, the helps thread is still around here somewhere, and I too have a personal copy saved if need be calling upon.
1/6/2022 4:01 PM
12 Next ▸
Missing posts -FAQ/Advice for Newbies Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.