Decade Draft League 32--DONE drafting Topic

Julius Randle
1/18/2022 8:09 PM
I'm all for changing the draft order before the next draft if that's what everyone wants/votes for. However, changing it now, in the middle of the draft is a problem. I definitely would've changed my overall strategy and would've selected a different player in the 4th round at the very minimum. My current pick is always influenced by who I think will be available with my next pick.
1/18/2022 8:14 PM
Posted by beloud on 1/18/2022 8:14:00 PM (view original):
I'm all for changing the draft order before the next draft if that's what everyone wants/votes for. However, changing it now, in the middle of the draft is a problem. I definitely would've changed my overall strategy and would've selected a different player in the 4th round at the very minimum. My current pick is always influenced by who I think will be available with my next pick.
Yeah, actually I think you’re right and I have to agree with this.
1/18/2022 8:17 PM
Idk about changing it mid-draft yall
1/18/2022 8:18 PM
Yeah, don't change mid-draft. In fact, I think this way is fine and I bet the Commish has an explanation
1/18/2022 8:20 PM
86. 4:30 6544: Greg Monroe, F/C
87. 5:00 gerryred: Otto Porter, G/F
88. 5:30 albiband0: Bobby Portis, F/C
89. 6:00 samuelyork93: Paul Millsap, F/C
90. 6:30 deer454: Brook Lopez, C
91. 7:00 Uofa2: Kris Middleton, G/F
92. 7:30 ysw128: Demarcus Cousins, C
93. 8:00 M6speed: Danny Green, G/F
94. 8:30 cem6989: Julius Randle, F/C
95. 9:00 dontburnearl: Robert Williams, F/C
96. 9:30 6544 (2): Chris Bosh, F

ROUND 5--Wednesday, 1/19

97.10 AM chewy3344:
98. 10:30 beloud:
99. 11:00 redbooda:
100. 11:30 amerk1180:
1/19/2022 2:46 AM (edited)
It's a no win situation, imo. Yes, those of us at the end of the draft are at a huge disadvantage by having the draft flip flopped in round 5, and picking towards the end of the round in the first double draft round, but it's also unfair to change the order of the draft now. My team is going to likely stink either way - also clever by beloud to go ahead and list Round 5 to follow his opinion. He's right though. Next season it should change though.

Robert Williams
1/18/2022 8:31 PM
Speaking on behalf of myself AND our league founder smokey63, this has been discussed numerous times before. We switched it to ABBABABABABA from about DDL 4 or 5 thru about DDL 17 or 18 when it seemed that the teams who were drafting LATE in round one started doing MUCH better than those drafting early in round one, so it was decided to add an A in round 5 to mitigate the situation. There has really been no discussion about it being unfair since then.

Now that we have a very high percentage of owners in this draft who were NOT in DDL 17 or 18, I am not going to argue against switching back to ABBABABABABA, but I am just saying that the ABBAA order was not something that was come up willy-nilly. A LOT of discussion and research went into it. We are DEFINITELY NOT switching it mid draft, but I'm open to some new research or discussion on the matter if someone wants to do it.
1/18/2022 8:46 PM
I like it the way it is. If u all have already had all these discussions and have been doing it this way for a reason for as long as u have, then that's good enough for me. I think getting to pick early in the 2nd AND 3rd round is a big advantage and can see why things were altered in the later rounds to get it more square. As Barney Fife would say, "let's don't make a big moulage out of this".
1/18/2022 8:55 PM
I assume since 6544 got the same 30 minute window the rest of us got, we can consider that a missed pick.

if so, I will start round 5 by taking Kyle Korver
1/18/2022 10:03 PM
chewy, I think 6544 has until 10am tomorrow morning before we skip his pick.
1/18/2022 10:15 PM
Posted by riftonapple on 1/18/2022 8:55:00 PM (view original):
I like it the way it is. If u all have already had all these discussions and have been doing it this way for a reason for as long as u have, then that's good enough for me. I think getting to pick early in the 2nd AND 3rd round is a big advantage and can see why things were altered in the later rounds to get it more square. As Barney Fife would say, "let's don't make a big moulage out of this".
If you think it's such a big advantage, I am assuming you'll let the commish know you want to be at the end of the first next season. In reality, the difference between the first pick of the first round and the last pick of the first round is a much bigger difference then the first pick of the second round and the last pick of the second round. I think ABBABABABA be more fair then what we have now - heck, I think even ABBBABABAB would be better. My first two times in this draft I picked top 5 or 6, and did very well (runner up first in this league, conference finalist 2nd time in this league) and I believe each of the winners of both of those were top 10 pickers - so I think the data is there to show this needs to be changed. I also don't think we should start drafting the next round until the morning slot the next day, giving people who missed picks a little time to catch up.
1/18/2022 10:19 PM
I think the whole draft snake thing is a moot point....

Ive clinched the championship with my Larry Sanders pick...

the rest of the draft is a useless exercise...... doesnt matter what order we follow...
Im winning this damn thing

it's over.... another championship for the Bluegrass State....

oh... wait... my first three picks were Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler... and Kevin Love.... well damn...
maybe you guys DO have a chance... ignore my earlier boasts - carry on...
1/18/2022 10:58 PM
Maybe there is someone who is much smarter than me that can explain it to me, but I just can't understand how ABBAABABAB would be more fair than ABBABABABA. The biggest gap in value is always going to be in the first round with a big excess in value going to those with the first handful of picks. For those getting those elite players to also get an advantage on three of their five starters and six of their 10 rotation players just doesn't make sense to me.
1/18/2022 11:27 PM
I will draft wherever the lottery decides I should draft and I wont complain about it either way. This is like the 33rd season or so the commish has run this theme. He should know. (but if the order doesn't get changed next season, and someone doesn't get what they think is fair and they would rather draft where I am drafting, then I will trade picks with them). I don't mind picking at the end of the 1st round, if I get to pick early in the 2nd and 3rd.
1/18/2022 11:29 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...28 Next ▸
Decade Draft League 32--DONE drafting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.