righties got so many bogeyman i cain keep track

but i know china is one

wise man. Xtra buck for you laddie.
1/17/2022 11:40 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 1/17/2022 8:54:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/16/2022 9:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/15/2022 4:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/15/2022 12:00:00 AM (view original):
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/01/11/scientists-believed-covid-leaked-wuhan-lab-feared-debate-could/

Thanks for playing
Your claim was that COVID was intentionally created by the Chinese government or Fauci, something that no one credible believes.

It's never been insane to claim that COVID may have originated and accidentally leaked from a lab - it's been researched since the beginning of the pandemic. The emails weren't wrong. You would still have to take the next step to prove the idea that debate internally within the scientific community actually was shut down.
Nope. I said it came from a lab. Not that it was let loose intentionally. You claimed it came from the wet market. Don't change the narrative you dishonest leftist
Ok, so let's say you're right, and it came from a lab.

Why is that a great moral victory for you/the political right? Why is it relevant at all? At this point, 2 years into a pandemic, what difference does it make where it came from?
Like I said, conservatives right now are playing quick and fast with the intentional and unintentional lab leak theories.

It's a motte and bailey. 90% of conservatives who push this narrative actually do believe that China and Fauci worked together to make covid in a lab and intentionally released it to **** over Trump or whatever. This is an indefensible position. But by framing it outside of conservative circles as "COVID escaped from a lab" without elaborating any more, they can make their insane argument seem a little more plausible to the general public. That way, when someone acknowledges that COVID may have originated in a lab, conservatives can argue that they now agree with the broader narrative of intentional lab-leak.

I'm not saying CCCP is intentionally doing this. Maybe he does just believe that COVID was unintentionally released from a lab. But this is absolutely a tactic of the broader right at the moment. GG did this all the time when he was around.

What I definitely believe CCCP is doing intentionally is claiming that because scientists downplayed the potential of lab-leak early on, we can now credibly dismiss anything and everything all researchers say going forward.
1/17/2022 12:06 PM
damn, motte & bailey

i am still trying to figure out gaslighting

1/17/2022 12:17 PM
Posted by tangplay on 1/17/2022 12:06:00 PM (view original):
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/01/11/scientists-believed-covid-leaked-wuhan-lab-feared-debate-could/

Thanks for playing
Your claim was that COVID was intentionally created by the Chinese government or Fauci, something that no one credible believes.

It's never been insane to claim that COVID may have originated and accidentally leaked from a lab - it's been researched since the beginning of the pandemic. The emails weren't wrong. You would still have to take the next step to prove the idea that debate internally within the scientific community actually was shut down.
Nope. I said it came from a lab. Not that it was let loose intentionally. You claimed it came from the wet market. Don't change the narrative you dishonest leftist

Why is that a great moral victory for you/the political right? Why is it relevant at all? At this point, 2 years into a pandemic, what difference does it make where it came from?
Like I said, conservatives right now are playing quick and fast with the intentional and unintentional lab leak theories.

It's a motte and bailey. 90% of conservatives who push this narrative actually do believe that China and Fauci worked together to make covid in a lab and intentionally released it to **** over Trump or whatever. This is an indefensible position. But by framing it outside of conservative circles as "COVID escaped from a lab" without elaborating any more, they can make their insane argument seem a little more plausible to the general public. That way, when someone acknowledges that COVID may have originated in a lab, conservatives can argue that they now agree with the broader narrative of intentional lab-leak.

I'm not saying CCCP is intentionally doing this. Maybe he does just believe that COVID was unintentionally released from a lab. But this is absolutely a tactic of the broader right at the moment. GG did this all the time when he was around.

What I definitely believe CCCP is doing intentionally is claiming that because scientists downplayed the potential of lab-leak early on, we can now credibly dismiss anything and everything all researchers say going forward.
I think mostly what he is saying is that conservatives figured it out because they are smarter.
And that they can see through cover ups.
1/17/2022 1:26 PM
that's because they have so much practice implementing them
1/17/2022 9:23 PM

Thanks for playing

Easy. Because we need to understand how it escaped and what precautions China is taking now to ensure that future viruses, that could be more deadly don't follow the same path.

Fair?
1/19/2022 3:13 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by cccp1014 on 1/19/2022 3:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jetson21 on 1/17/2022 1:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 1/17/2022 12:06:00 PM (view original):

Thanks for playing

I think mostly what he is saying is that conservatives figured it out because they are smarter.
And that they can see through cover ups.
You throw out the word "conservative" like its a pejorative. I am an Independent voter. I have never belonged to a political party. That being said the Democratic Party has move too far left and people like tangplay, who have the IQ of an orange are the base. All set with that.
If you are an independent but not a conservative that speaks to something.
Todays conservative movement is the Trump Republican Party. Almost all of the former conservatives or old guard conservatives like Pat Toomey for example have left the party or retired or announced their retirement.

So i absolutely do use conservative as a pejorative.
I use conservative as a polite word for the Trump run Republican Party. The old conservatives are gone or now cower at the sound of Trump.

1/19/2022 3:42 PM
How are you an independent if you have said many times you will never vote for a candidate from one of th major parties again? Doesn't sound all tat independent to me.
1/19/2022 3:47 PM
While CCCP is here, I wonder what he thinks about this story:

Donald Trump and Benjamin Netanyahu were the closest of political allies during the four years they overlapped in office, at least in public. Not anymore. "I haven’t spoken to him since," Trump said of the former Israeli prime minister. "F**k him."

Trump repeatedly criticized Netanyahu during two interviews for my book, “Trump’s Peace: The Abraham Accords and the Reshaping of the Middle East." The final straw for Trump was when Netanyahu congratulated President-elect Biden for his election victory while Trump was still disputing the result.

"The first person that congratulated [Biden] was Bibi Netanyahu, the man that I did more for than any other person I dealt with. ... Bibi could have stayed quiet. He has made a terrible mistake."

https://www.axios.com/trump-netanyahu-disloyalty-****-him-276ac6cc-3f70-4fba-b315-c82a59603e67.html

1/19/2022 3:50 PM
Also, dahs was clearly talking about the political implications of lab-leak, not the scientific ones. Obviously it's important from a scientific perspective.
1/19/2022 3:51 PM
Yeah. Dems are “Too far Left” when the GQP is full of complete LIARS and SYCOPHANTS of a soon-to-be INMATE still desperate to bring fascist authoritarianism to your front door.
Conservatives KNOW they can never win on policy and that Dems have been mopping up their messes since the 80’s so they LIE. They PROJECT. They GASLIGHT.
And somehow the brain dead like you buy into all of their bullshit, trickle-down, tax-cutting, deregulating, war-mongering, profiteering, never-have-an-answer, freeDUMB screaming, science-denying, fear-mongering, gun-toting, hypocritical lovers of historic shitheads the likes of Ted Cruz, Ted Nugent, Mitch McConnell, Rand Paul and the new age of complete embarrassments by the names Gaetz, Boebert, Greene and the punk-*** crippled little ***** himself Madison Cawthorn.

You’re PATHETICALLY STUPID and you’re helping bring Democracy to the brink of destruction.

F**K You.
1/19/2022 4:09 PM (edited)
LOL! rather direct, even pithy I'd say.

Dude don't mince words and he's pretty much nailed the new breed of Repugnants!!
1/19/2022 6:46 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 1/19/2022 4:09:00 PM (view original):
Yeah. Dems are “Too far Left” when the GQP is full of complete LIARS and SYCOPHANTS of a soon-to-be INMATE still desperate to bring fascist authoritarianism to your front door.
Conservatives KNOW they can never win on policy and that Dems have been mopping up their messes since the 80’s so they LIE. They PROJECT. They GASLIGHT.
And somehow the brain dead like you buy into all of their bullshit, trickle-down, tax-cutting, deregulating, war-mongering, profiteering, never-have-an-answer, freeDUMB screaming, science-denying, fear-mongering, gun-toting, hypocritical lovers of historic shitheads the likes of Ted Cruz, Ted Nugent, Mitch McConnell, Rand Paul and the new age of complete embarrassments by the names Gaetz, Boebert, Greene and the punk-*** crippled little ***** himself Madison Cawthorn.

You’re PATHETICALLY STUPID and you’re helping bring Democracy to the brink of destruction.

F**K You.
Your tone is that of your father, the devil

You HATE the right wing.

The right wing doesn't hate you.. but we do endure you

BTW the devil is a real being and his purpose is to steal, to kill, and destroy.. As in destroy everything God loves.. and this includes the USA which is the one country where there is still a measure of freedom.. unlike the commies and China

To carry out his plan to destroy America, he sows division within it's people. You can't see this, you need your eyes checked

... and so far, it is working: Left hates the right, and demonizes them all. Typical. This has always been the theme, but in the last 12-15 years it is going ballistic

What the Lefties are unable to do, is tell us what their plan is for a better America.. well.. we are still waiting

1/20/2022 10:12 AM (edited)
There is no REAL "left". The fringe on that side of the spectrum are groups of "folks" with perceived grievances and they DON'T work together or align much.

But there IS a very REAL "right wing" and I wish everyone would really examine WHO they are made up of.
It's NOT a pretty picture. You'll find (IF you open your eyes) REAL bad folks. Nazis, White Nationalists, Racists of various sorts, treasonous anti-Federalists intent on overthrowing our Republic just to name a few.

Us regular Americans just want an end to injustice, an economy that works, a liveable environment for our Grandkids and to be left alone to work, love, produce, and live with our basic individual rights preserved.

Probably pretty much like every Canuck I ever met, including you?
Lose the God complex. It isn't becoming......and YOU don't get to decide who walks with whom.
Above your pay grade and your "word" advises you that in the end days many (most?) will be fooled as the "ruler" on your God's globe at this point is the Fallen angel.............IF I remember the dogma correctly.
Personally I believe the whole thing to be akin to the Cowboy. Our concept of "God" is a myth, just the same as our concept of the Cowboy.
The way we view it, is folly, it's NOT the reality.
1/20/2022 10:48 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
I was right again Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.