Voting rights bill Topic

For starters

The Lewis Act, named for a late congressman from Atlanta, would permit partisan political operatives to harvest ballots from people's homes – which is a proposition rife for potential fraud and illicit behavior:

It would mandate that states allow vote trafficking: In other words, states would have to allow paid political operatives and candidates and campaign staffers to be able to go to voters homes to pick up and handle their absentee ballots, which of course, puts them in a good position to alter or change those ballots, and maybe not deliver them – and to coerce and pressure those voters.

It has potential voter fraud written all over it...

1/16/2022 3:48 PM

Tell us you're a RACIST without really saying it...

Quote post by DoctorKz on 1/15/2022 1:17:00 PM:
Word is that Stacy Abrams did it by jumping into the Holiday inn Express pool...

Quote post by DoctorKz on 1/15/2022 1:18:00 PM:
Eddie Murphy grew up poor. To relax in a jacuzzi he had to fart in the tub.

Quote post by DoctorKz on 1/15/2022 5:57:00 PM:
Had he (Obama) went Lime green with matching shoes, the Internet would have broken for sure...

Quote post by DoctorKz on 1/16/2022 3:50:00 PM:
For starters
The Lewis Act, named for a late congressman from Atlanta, would permit partisan political operatives to harvest ballots from people's homes – which is a proposition rife for potential fraud and illicit behavior: It would mandate that states allow vote trafficking: In other words, states would have to allow paid political operatives and candidates and campaign staffers to be able to go to voters homes to pick up and handle their absentee ballots, which of course, puts them in a good position to alter or change those ballots, and maybe not deliver them – and to coerce and pressure those voters.

1/16/2022 4:03 PM (edited)
Just because I oppose a piece of legislation does not make me a racist. Your entire argument is that we are racist for opposing that bill. Many countries have voter ID laws. Is Canada racist for having this?

Your arguments that we are racist, Trump's a Fascist, we are un-American because we don't agree with vax and mask mandates, we needed to be incarcerated because we disagreed with Obama on policy, they suck. Your party, can you feel the vacuum as your numbers dwindle? Your parrots on CNN and MSNBC are playing to empty rooms...your audience is leaving the building...
1/16/2022 4:23 PM (edited)
Wouldn’t be nice if republicans would debate voting rights legislation?
Gerrymandering? No water for people in line. No mail in ballots.
no extended voting. And God forbid congress makes Presidential election day a national holiday.
1/16/2022 4:35 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 1/16/2022 4:23:00 PM (view original):
Just because I oppose a piece of legislation does not make me a racist. Your entire argument is that we are racist for opposing that bill. Many countries have voter ID laws. Is Canada racist for having this?

Your arguments that we are racist, Trump's a Fascist, we are un-American because we don't agree with vax and mask mandates, we needed to be incarcerated because we disagreed with Obama on policy, they suck. Your party, can you feel the vacuum as your numbers dwindle? Your parrots on CNN and MSNBC are playing to empty rooms...your audience is leaving the building...
Im sorry but if you cant see that Trump is a fascist by now and you are a very intelligent person,
this country is surely doomed.
And the number of people that identify as republicans and are racist is staggering.
1/16/2022 4:39 PM

Im sorry but if you cant see that Trump is a fascist by now and you are a very intelligent person,
And the number of people that identify as republicans and are racist is staggering.

And Everything that is happening with the voting rights and restrictions of voting rights by Republicans and the party in general and the congressional reaction to the January 6 committee and the support for Trump throughout the federal state and local party members is proof beyond a shadow of a doubt that the that the modern Republican Party is authoritarian and does not want a strong democracy anymore unless they are in power.
The outright refusal for congressional members to testify voluntarily to the committee is beyond the pale.
The republican party is racist is fascist it is dangerous to the Republic.

These are objective facts.
And lets not leave out the republican leaders throughout the country supporting the big lie about the election.
1/16/2022 4:45 PM (edited)
For the record some of the comments mentioned by R7 left me feeling the same way.
1/16/2022 4:47 PM
They say it themselves...if people vote, Republicans will lose.
1/16/2022 5:14 PM
1/16/2022 6:02 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 1/16/2022 3:50:00 PM (view original):
For starters

The Lewis Act, named for a late congressman from Atlanta, would permit partisan political operatives to harvest ballots from people's homes – which is a proposition rife for potential fraud and illicit behavior:

It would mandate that states allow vote trafficking: In other words, states would have to allow paid political operatives and candidates and campaign staffers to be able to go to voters homes to pick up and handle their absentee ballots, which of course, puts them in a good position to alter or change those ballots, and maybe not deliver them – and to coerce and pressure those voters.

I searched through the act and didn't find what you are talking about - even searched specifically for "absentee" and read summaries of what's in the bill.

Can you find this section in the actual bill? Maybe Von Stepovsky is lying.

1/16/2022 10:33 PM

Canada allows for more forms of ID than we do and still allows you to vote without one if someone proves their address through someone else vouching for them, basically.

Many European countries have voter ID but provide free ID's to their citizens

I would be OK with voter ID if they were applied the way they are around the world, instead of how they are typically applied by Republicans in the US (to prevent poor people from voting)
1/16/2022 10:36 PM
Posted by Jetson21 on 1/16/2022 4:45:00 PM (view original):
And Everything that is happening with the voting rights and restrictions of voting rights by Republicans and the party in general and the congressional reaction to the January 6 committee and the support for Trump throughout the federal state and local party members is proof beyond a shadow of a doubt that the that the modern Republican Party is authoritarian and does not want a strong democracy anymore unless they are in power.
The outright refusal for congressional members to testify voluntarily to the committee is beyond the pale.
The republican party is racist is fascist it is dangerous to the Republic.

These are objective facts.
And lets not leave out the republican leaders throughout the country supporting the big lie about the election.
It's amazing how many people these days have forgotten the definitions of the words "objective" and "facts."

On a separate note, since you brought up gerrymandering, I'd love to point out again that it was the Virginia Democrats who opposed Question 1 in 2020. Question 1 was the ballot proposition that took the responsibility for redistricting out of the hands of the statehouse - and thus the party in control of the legislature - and created a redistricting commission to include 4 Democratic representatives, 4 Republican representatives, and 8 private citizens. This is not particularly surprising with Democrats controlling the statehouse at that time. There is certainly more than 1 state that's been gerrymandered by Democrats. But what particularly bothered me was that on the big party-sponsored posters that the VA Democrats printed out to have posted outside of every polling place they put something along the lines of "Vote no on Question 1. No on gerrymandering." That is very intentionally misleading - in fact what they were blatantly asking party members, and indeed anyone looking at the sign, to do was vote no on anti-gerrymandering legislation, and yes on gerrymandering itself. They were very intentionally targeting low-information voters.

I bring this up here to point out that Democrats are perfectly willing to resort to misinformation and manipulation to consolidate power. You seem to have this deeply-held belief that the Democratic party holds an inherent moral high ground. They don't. I generally agree that right now, on voting rights, Democrats are on the right side of history. I don't support all the voting rights laws that your party does - I'm definitely in favor of ID requirements, for example - but I agree that expanding access to voting is, in general, clearly good. But Democrats are just as willing to be on the wrong side of history when it helps them gain political influence. You just happen to be on the side that benefits from increased voting right now, you don't get a permanent high horse for that.
1/17/2022 9:20 AM
12 Next ▸
Voting rights bill Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.