Victim complex Topic

Victim complexes hold yourself back more than anything else. We should not be encouraging ideologies that tell their followers that they are victims of the system. We should be encouraging people to work hard to improve their situation.

In other news... https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/13/new-research-shows-connection-between-political-victimhood-white-support-trump/
1/18/2022 12:19 PM
Hurt butt syndrome is NOT an ideology.
It's just an excuse for your own poor choices/performance thru your walk.

But birds of a feather gonna flock.
Group thought by the brainless.
I call 'em Repugnants.
Big R.
1/18/2022 12:50 PM
Posted by tangplay on 1/18/2022 12:19:00 PM (view original):
Victim complexes hold yourself back more than anything else. We should not be encouraging ideologies that tell their followers that they are victims of the system. We should be encouraging people to work hard to improve their situation.

In other news... https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/13/new-research-shows-connection-between-political-victimhood-white-support-trump/
I'm just going to save this post so I can quote it back at you later.
1/18/2022 1:04 PM
OK. I'm being semi-satirical, obviously. The only element that I don't agree with is the idea that telling someone that they are a victim of a system is always a bad thing, because sometimes it's OK if that person is actually a victim. I don't think talking about systemic racism, for example, is sending messaging to black people that they should stop working hard or whatever.

I just find it funny that conservatives talk about left wing victim complexes, yet they victimize themselves ALL THE TIME.
1/18/2022 3:51 PM
Oh, so you happen to be all the all-knowing arbiter of who is and isn't "actually a victim?"
1/18/2022 8:33 PM
you suck at debating

make a point or shut it

1/18/2022 8:48 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 1/18/2022 8:33:00 PM (view original):
Oh, so you happen to be all the all-knowing arbiter of who is and isn't "actually a victim?"
Do you not think we are capable of making such judgements?

I don't think I'm "all-knowing," but I do have opinions and hopefully am able to back them up with reason.
1/19/2022 12:02 AM
You have opinions. Other people have opinions that are different. Some of those people also have decent explanations for their opinions as well. It isn't reasonable to suggest that your opinions - or those of people who agree with you - should actually have any significance in determining how other people feel about their roles in society.

This suggestion that it's ok to build a victim complex in people who "actually are" victims but not in those who aren't presupposes that someone can determine, with at least near-infallibility, the difference. Which is clearly ridiculous.
1/19/2022 12:59 AM
A victim complex is almost always bad.

Acknowledging that an individual or group is victimized by a system if they actually are isn't necessary wrong or harmful.

I'm totally fine with recognizing systemic racism as a real thing. I'm not OK with saying that the election was rigged against Trump. Do you think that there is a distinction between the victimization of these two groups (one legitimate, one fictional)?

I would never tell an individual black person that they should stop trying or whatever just because systemic racism makes their life slightly more difficult.

I created this thread in response to news that the RNC is trying to ban its presidential candidates from participating in debates because they believe the commission on debates is biased against them. There's a gigantic gulf between that behavior and what I would personally advocate for.

Again, most people victimize themselves and groups they are involved in. It's just ironic that conservatives (specifically Trumpian conservatives) do it more than anyone else.
1/19/2022 1:55 AM
VICTIM?? Read The Power OF Positive Thinking by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale

If you see yourself as a victim, then you are one. If you see yourself as an overcomer, then you are one. TRUTH, Adversity builds strength

As a man thinks in his heart, SO IS HE

Change your thoughts and you can change your life

Cave in to the defeatist mindset, and you are done like dinner

1/20/2022 10:41 AM
i give up

1/20/2022 11:15 AM
Posted by TwoBuckChuck on 1/20/2022 11:15:00 AM (view original):
i give up

LOL!

Funny man.

I just love it when folks quote or read self help platitudes.
The world is your oyster.............WTF does that mean??
Your theater is built of flem? What??

There's a succulent morsel of goo inside every hard rough ugly shell?
What??

Norman Vincent Peale? Really??
Might as well worship Dr. Phil.
1/20/2022 11:55 AM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 1/20/2022 10:41:00 AM (view original):

If you see yourself as a victim, then you are one. If you see yourself as an overcomer, then you are one. TRUTH, Adversity builds strength

Totally agree, related point, how do you feel about Trump refusing to concede the 2020 election and calling himself the victim of an election fraud scheme?
1/20/2022 1:46 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 1/20/2022 10:41:00 AM (view original):

Totally agree, related point, how do you feel about Trump refusing to concede the 2020 election and calling himself the victim of an election fraud scheme?
1/20/2022 1:46 PM
And telling Georgia officials to give him
11,000 more votes so that he can win. He actually whined “give me a break”.

And identifying poll workers and saying falsely that they committed felony voting fraud crimes.

And with great slander and libel in a most evil fashion saying that the voting machine vendors fraudulently deprived him of votes and gave Biden votes in the greatest conspiracy since the german plots to kill Hitler.

And of course plotting to stop the certification by a political coup by trying to coerce Pence into not certifying the vote and to certify fraudulent slates of trump electors instead.
And then a violent attempt to stop Congress and Pence who had refused Trump himself to be a criminal and a traitor and people were killed and severely severely injured with loss of eyes and serious concussions and broken bones and spirits.

I have zero faith in the purported patriotism who does not see this exactly as it is written here because these are objectively proven facts that lead ti only one conclusion. Trump is a criminal and attempted to criminally overturn the election through fraud and intimidation and violence and subversion of the law.

Anyone who does not literally hate him for this is a poor excuse for an American or a full brained person.
1/20/2022 2:19 PM (edited)
123 Next ▸
Victim complex Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.