BIG LEAGUE - 5 openings Topic

BIG LEAGUE is entering our next season and are looking for some enthusiastic owners to join our league. Our world is a no-drama, stable, fun-filled world. Our league is also highly competitive - We've had 8 different franchises win 10 of the last World Series!

We have a minimum win requirement of 120 over 2 seasons.

If you're interested in joining, let me know and I'll send you the password!

AVAILABLE:

AL West - Anaheim - 72-90 - 9th pick in the draft

Anaheim is a well balanced franchise. The ML team had a $90.6M Player budget, and the previous owner was very active in IFA. The team has kept all of its first round picks from the past 4 drafts, so it has depth in the minors. The ML roster had below average offense and pitching, and league-average defense.

NL East - Buffalo - 53-109 - #2 pick in the draft

Buffalo is in a deep rebuild. The previous owner moved many of the franchise's quality ML players to pick up as many prospects as possible. The minors have some top quality prospects - #1 pick last year (s.53) and in season 51, and will have the #2 pick in next season's draft. The ML roster is currently not competitive. Last year the franchise had the 2nd worst pitching and hitting in the majors.

NL South - Durham - 69-93 - 5th pick in the draft

Durham is in the 2nd year of a rebuild after 20 years of winning seasons. The franchise has a low payroll, was a big player in IFA last year, and had the number 5 pick in the draft last season. The ML team had just above average hitting, but bottom 1/3 pitching. The past owners have brought in some high quality players, but there isn't enough depth in the minors yet to help this team take a big step forward. A new owner will need to keep building up the minors so this franchise can go on another 20 year streak of winning seasons.

NL South - Louisville - 78-84 - Finished 6 games out

Louisville has been right around the playoffs over the past 5 seasons, making it twice, and missing once despite having 93 wins. Although this past season was a small step back, it appears to be due more to bad luck than roster construction. The team had above average pitching, hitting and defense, and had an expected win total of .521. A few small tweaks and some better luck can get this team right back into the playoffs.

NL West - San Diego - 84-78 - Finished 2 games out

After years of rebuilding, this franchise has had two consecutive winning seasons. After winning 97 games two seasons ago, injuries slowed this team last year. The franchise had a very low payroll last season - $42M, and was a big player in the IFA market. The ML team had a below average offense, but the #5 pitching staff and an above average offense. This team will well positioned for a long run of winning.
1/18/2022 11:57 PM
This league has been one of my favorite ever. Low turnover (this year is a huge oddity with > 2 or 3). And I also have to say, we have the most active and committed commish I've had in any of my leagues. The MWR is also just enough to help while also still making it very doable to rebuild. Come join us!
1/23/2022 3:09 PM
BIG LEAGUE - 5 openings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.