Is this writing on the wall? Topic

Posted by DoctorKz on 1/29/2022 1:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mojolad on 1/29/2022 3:38:00 AM (view original):
Posted by grizzly_one on 1/29/2022 2:02:00 AM (view original):
We appreciate hearing from you guys even if nothing is imminent . Thanks.

Any word on the Amazon gift certificates?
Yes, everyone is going to get One Million Dollars Amazon Gift Certicates just to show how much Wis loves us .
Oh what a relief. I have a few fines to pay, had no idea where I was gonna come up with that dough...

Violations of theme league rules may result in a $500,000 fine per violation and/or game forfeiture.
Do you guys think that purchasing Amazon gift Certificates with Reward points is over? I recently won my second TOC and was hoping to purchase a few, but they've been out of stock for over a month.
1/31/2022 3:06 PM
Posted by FatDad on 1/31/2022 3:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DoctorKz on 1/29/2022 1:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mojolad on 1/29/2022 3:38:00 AM (view original):
Posted by grizzly_one on 1/29/2022 2:02:00 AM (view original):
We appreciate hearing from you guys even if nothing is imminent . Thanks.

Any word on the Amazon gift certificates?
Yes, everyone is going to get One Million Dollars Amazon Gift Certicates just to show how much Wis loves us .
Oh what a relief. I have a few fines to pay, had no idea where I was gonna come up with that dough...

Violations of theme league rules may result in a $500,000 fine per violation and/or game forfeiture.
Do you guys think that purchasing Amazon gift Certificates with Reward points is over? I recently won my second TOC and was hoping to purchase a few, but they've been out of stock for over a month.
Sorry FatDad, but without an announcement WIS has eliminated the Amazon GC.
2/1/2022 1:27 AM
Seems perfectly reasonable, the reward points system means people who win a lot can play for free, which is great if the top owners are joining lots of new leagues and helping to keep the site robust, but if the top owners are taking most of their credits off the site for what's effectively a cash prize it encourages treating WIS less as a fun, communal experience and more like online poker, where the sharks are just trying to hoover up all the money and spend it on themselves.
2/1/2022 8:40 AM
There's been periods of time before when the Amazon GCs were out for several months. Just searching "Amazon" in the forums, there's 7 threads going back to 2010 discussing them being unavailable. I didn't read all of them, but just glancing, the 2014 thread seems to indicate that the Amazon cards were unavailable for a full 7 months (April to November).

I wouldn't stress too much about it, but understand having points you're looking to use.
2/1/2022 11:39 AM
They just said they're not being offered anymore:

https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=531004&threadID=12221025#l_12221025
2/1/2022 12:05 PM
Thanks for the link.

Bummer though… I usually just redeemed site credits, but I’ve grabbed a handful of Amazon GCs. Was one of the cooler reward perks for winning.
2/2/2022 1:09 AM
I'm sure they'd rather see the winnings reinvested here.

They could do some form of GC payout, at least on a limited basis...
2/2/2022 9:36 AM
◂ Prev 12
Is this writing on the wall? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.