Is this writing on the wall? Topic

- Constant ads for Dynasty games.
- No notices and ignoring previous communications.
- No more Amazon Certificates.

Is WIS Sim Baseball on it's last legs?
1/26/2022 7:27 PM
seems unlikely
1/26/2022 8:31 PM
It would be nice to hear what they have in mind for the future. Fifteen years is a long time to wait for an upgrade...
1/26/2022 8:41 PM
I've talked with a lot of HD players since the promo hit, and many of them guess the blitz is cuz, unlike SLB with primarily single season and do it yourself progressives, their stock in trade is ongoing 32-team leagues which might be feeling a bit of post pandemic blues in ppl getting more back to real life, so league vacancies are more frequent than before. This may or may not be apples/oranges to whatever else SLB may or may not be getting it's proper attention.
1/26/2022 9:44 PM
I just took the post for HD (and GD as well) as a routine marketing move to remind players/gamers that other opportunities at WIS to participate are available. nothing more or nothing less. I can't imagine there is some hidden agenda.
1/27/2022 5:10 PM
I did join a HD from the promo and brought 2 SLB acquaintances with me and many other familiar SLB names I recognize as 1st time HD players are in that same league. Their world chat over the past month is vets bemoaning in this and other HD leagues the exodus is real. Maybe WIS is doing nothing more than a friendly nudge.

Btw, fwiw, I'm glad this opp came along. I'm from another format of 30 years where ongoing current regular season MLB leagues are the company's bread and butter. Unfortunately, they also had an old timer players of the past game which was my fave, but it got dropped. That's when I went hunting and found WIS SLB. But for anyone remotely interested in a comprehensive full control of an entire baseball franchise down to farm system and medical staff and scouting and prospect budgets including college high school international and coaches and a brief off season of free agency and arbitration and negotiating long-term contracts, you cant go wrong in kicking the tires for $5 total for 2 seasons. You might like it. I sure hope I do. Of the barren leagues the promo is tied too, there's still about 30 orphaned teams in 2 leagues looking to be filled.
1/27/2022 9:24 PM
Posted by grizzly_one on 1/26/2022 7:27:00 PM (view original):

Hello,

SLB is definitely not on it's last legs. The Dynasty games, particularly HBD has been a focus atm. GD is bringing out playoffs to DIA and HBD has been having issues filling worlds so we were trying to drive users to try those games. From discussions with the devs, the plan is to have SLB be the first game to get a "rewrite". I know they've been working hard to get a new base code for the site completed so that we can bring a facelift to the site, an online store for merchandise and help with future update implementation. From there we hope to get some things done with SLB thereafter.
1/28/2022 12:58 PM
Posted by jholthus on 1/28/2022 12:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by grizzly_one on 1/26/2022 7:27:00 PM (view original):

Hello,

SLB is definitely not on it's last legs. The Dynasty games, particularly HBD has been a focus atm. GD is bringing out playoffs to DIA and HBD has been having issues filling worlds so we were trying to drive users to try those games. From discussions with the devs, the plan is to have SLB be the first game to get a "rewrite". I know they've been working hard to get a new base code for the site completed so that we can bring a facelift to the site, an online store for merchandise and help with future update implementation. From there we hope to get some things done with SLB thereafter.
Thanks for all the work! I hope one day to play LIVE again. That’s what got me hooked to the site before I was able to pay for full season teams. I suggested an app back in the day just for LIVE, but idk if that’s still a priority as mobile games just don’t hit like they used to back in 2010-2014
1/28/2022 2:13 PM
Thanks for the update

1/28/2022 5:10 PM
Yes thanks.
1/28/2022 7:31 PM
We appreciate hearing from you guys even if nothing is imminent . Thanks.

Any word on the Amazon gift certificates?
1/29/2022 2:02 AM
Posted by grizzly_one on 1/29/2022 2:02:00 AM (view original):

Yes, everyone is going to get One Million Dollars Amazon Gift Certicates just to show how much Wis loves us .
1/29/2022 3:38 AM
Posted by mojolad on 1/29/2022 3:38:00 AM (view original):
Posted by grizzly_one on 1/29/2022 2:02:00 AM (view original):

Yes, everyone is going to get One Million Dollars Amazon Gift Certicates just to show how much Wis loves us .
Oh what a relief. I have a few fines to pay, had no idea where I was gonna come up with that dough...

Violations of theme league rules may result in a $500,000 fine per violation and/or game forfeiture.
1/29/2022 1:02 PM
IIRC, the last major update closed the Dupee Shaw loophole.
1/30/2022 11:22 AM
I just happened upon this and thank god for WIS and Sim League BaseBall ... I have been thinking of trying HBD but simply do not have the time ... If there is anything I could do for free or otherwise for WIS just let me know ... Have Banner on my website which i no longer get to as am addicted to Sim League BaseBall ...ancientneareast.tripod.com ... [email protected]
1/31/2022 9:49 AM
12 Next ▸
Is this writing on the wall? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.