Listen to the Conversation Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
You don’t know the difference between actual censorship and boycott pressure and standards set by a company employing an agent or contractually giving someone a platform to speak. Even professional athletes are contractually bound to uphold certain reasonable standards.

When you have governments curtailing speech and freedom to express opinions or banning books from libraries and the like then you can talk about censorship.
3/4/2022 11:45 AM
You literally had the president of the US calling for Joe Rogan to be censored (as well as his minion pantsuit Psaki). Try again bud!
3/4/2022 11:47 AM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 3/4/2022 11:47:00 AM (view original):
You literally had the president of the US calling for Joe Rogan to be censored (as well as his minion pantsuit Psaki). Try again bud!
No he didn’t because you don’t know what censorship is.
He referred to the social responsibility that he believed
that Spotify had and even that was said as an opinion.
He did not have a governmental agency curtail speech or call for that.

I guess I censored Joe Rogan when I cancelled my Spotify premium account and got Pandora instead.
3/4/2022 11:53 AM (edited)
You are a guy who hollers that people who have different opinions or philosophy of life can’t think or that boycotts within the market system is censorship or agents of a private company cannot be edited by the private company calling that censorship, even when it is not done for any prohibited reason or discrimination.

You are not the expanded thinker that you believe yourself to be because you are agenda driven with animosity as your fuel and a small picture person who does not see the forrest for the trees.
Same for the other guy, the one who carries petty grudges.
3/4/2022 12:01 PM
Lol, y'all sure seemed to think differently when Trump was around. Remember all the crying from journalists about Trump wanting to silence them? Lol just because he said "fake news"...

Try to be consistent lefties!
3/4/2022 12:11 PM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 3/4/2022 12:11:00 PM (view original):
Lol, y'all sure seemed to think differently when Trump was around. Remember all the crying from journalists about Trump wanting to silence them? Lol just because he said "fake news"...

I never saw anyone crying censorship.
From any side.
I saw people calling out lies.

Learn history and the meanings of words and concepts.

You can have the last word.
3/4/2022 12:15 PM
My gosh, you truly have memoryholed the "Trump poses an existential threat to journalism" talking point repeated for 4 years havent you? It's quite impressive actually! Y'all aren't your grandmothers' npcs clearly! The magic of smartphones I guess
3/4/2022 12:19 PM

From THE WASHINGTON POST

Trump’s false or misleading claims total 30,573 over 4 years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/24/trumps-false-or-misleading-claims-total-30573-over-four-years/
3/4/2022 12:27 PM
True or not, I'm guessing the Washington Post itself has made far more misleading claims during that same time period. Or are you a bezos and billionaire lover?
3/4/2022 1:21 PM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 3/4/2022 12:11:00 PM (view original):

Trump repeatedly called for libel laws to be loosened, said he was at "war" with the media, encouraged his followers to attack and harass journalists, etc.

The claim wasn't that Trump was "silencing" journalists. The claim was that he was undermining trust in the media, which is absolutely true. And now millions of people will see that an article was published by any one of the numerous news publications that Trump attacked and immediately assume that everything in it is a lie. Trump gave people the voice to just close their eyes and shut their ears to anything they didn't want to hear. Whereas in the past, Americans could agree on at least a basic set of facts, we can't even do that anymore. A LOT of that is on Trump and Trumpism.

This is substantially different than saying that Joe Rogan should be deplatformed from Spotify (and I don't think he should be).
3/4/2022 11:51 PM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 3/4/2022 1:21:00 PM (view original):
True or not, I'm guessing the Washington Post itself has made far more misleading claims during that same time period. Or are you a bezos and billionaire lover?
Jeff Bezos, who famously writes all the material for the Washington Post.

This is the type of **** that makes me think you're dishonest. You seriously claim to be introspective and say **** like "the Washington Post has made more misleading claims than Trump during his Presidency?"

"I'm guessing" gtfoh

You'll probably post like 3 articles that are misleading and claim that proves your point. Betting you mention the Covington kid too, as if one super popular case where the media got it wrong is proof that they've made thousands of misleading comments.

Even on a base level, this is a ******* idiotic thing to say. Wapo has an editorial board. They fact check their ****. Trump doesn't.
3/4/2022 11:54 PM
I don't remember anyone saying that Trump was going to ban CNN from existing or whatever. That would be the 1 to 1, or at least I guess, if Biden was going to sign an executive order deleting JRE lmao
3/4/2022 11:56 PM
Guitarguy literally doesn’t know what the words coming out of his mouth mean.
3/6/2022 9:59 AM
Listen to the Conversation Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.