21-22 player seasons of interest Topic

Jokic's season should be plain crazy given his efg% and reb%. Here's hoping he gets a well-deserved bump in his D rating.

Will this be Giannis' preferred season? Embiid's? How appealing with Trae and Ja be? Will DeRozan finally make his way into draft leagues? Will this shorter-minutes version of Gobert edge out his others due to even more impressive rebounding?
4/10/2022 12:24 PM
Certainly Embiid's preferred season. Giannis' minutes probably aren't high enough to be preferred and I doubt he gets SF eligibility, we'll see. Luka had career highs in a few areas, his D will still be mediocre. Tatum could be real good if they give him good D. Some other smaller minute seasons will be very useful
4/11/2022 4:25 PM
D ratings will be interesinting for several guys. Ja? Luka (has shown improved effort and D but probably won't be reflected in his rating). Hoping to see D Booker with a 50+ rating (20s and 30s is ridiculous for him).

4/11/2022 5:38 PM
I have so many issues with defense in the sim but I get this isn't the forum for it, so I'll table that for another day.

I'll just say with regards to players like Tatum, Luka, Booker, basically anyone who played substantial minutes on one of the most dominant defenses in the league, which all of them did, my feeling is they better see a defensive bump. It may not be a bump of 20 or 30, it might just be a 5 pt jump, but there should be some more respect given, considering they're a big part of that defensive identity. If Booker were truly a 30 defensive player in real life, that would mean he's one of the biggest defensive liabilities in the game. Putting a historically dreadful defensive player out there for 35-40 minutes and in the final minutes of close games, would make becoming a top 5 team defense insanely difficult, I don't care how good your help defense is. Ratings this low are unbelievably disrespectful. That's not just failing, that's getting 30 on a 100 point scale. You'd be held back in school every year if you scored 30's. That's a 480 on your SATs. Give em bumps simmy!
4/12/2022 12:57 PM
D Ratings:

Booker - 52
Morant - 57
Doncic - 50
Tatum - 55
4/13/2022 9:04 AM
Also, the fact that Scottie Barnes has 52 D is an absolute travesty. Say what you want about Luka, DBook, Morant being too low— the fact that they are equal to Barnes is ridiculous. He was one of the best defenders in the league
4/13/2022 10:25 AM (edited)
THEY OUT!
4/13/2022 10:33 AM
Need those all defense teams announced, but I think they can been like mid-may the last couple of seasons.
4/13/2022 10:34 AM
@hoopsdude, FACTS. Also, Tatum has one of the best DPM's in the entire league @beloud. If he hits 55, this sim aint using any acceptable metrics.
4/13/2022 11:20 AM
huh - all of a sudden Christian Wood and Aaron Gordon can play 2 guard
4/13/2022 11:26 AM
Ok, these defensive ratings are wack AF. Absolutely unacceptable. What forms of defensive metrics are they using to get these BS numbers? Anyone who watches and dives into advanced stats can tell you Lebron didn't have a defensive season that is 20 points higher than Mikal Bridges, Jayson Tatum, and Scottie Barnes. Sim, are you out of your damn mind? Is this just a way to correct the balance of eras?
4/13/2022 11:38 AM
In regards to defensive ratings: Sim users screwed up a little over 10 years ago (before I was around so you can’t blame me for this one). Admin was actually super receptive back then and someone gave them the idea that players who were once 1st team all defense should always be at least 70, and players who were once 2nd team defense should be at least 60. Forever. So someone like LeBron will be 70 D until he retires.

This had unforeseen consequences (okay, maybe they were foreseeable). Because the SIM averages all defensive rating in a season to 50, bringing people like 21-22 DeAndre Jordan to 70 D really pushes other players down. So defensive ratings have been bad for a while. Because admin just gave us a big necessary D update, I doubt we will get another soon.

Position effectiveness is a much bigger problem. Players who never play certain positions are 100% effective there. Players who exclusively play center are somehow 100% at PF and SF but less than 100% at center. This started last year when WIS switched their data provider and unfortunately won’t get fixed unless they switch again.
4/13/2022 7:30 PM
Yeah, the 21-22 seasons are predictably bonkers. The PE is worse than the defense, which is saying something. Ben's spot on about pretty much everything he said there. We can still blame him despite him not having been here at the time, though :D
4/13/2022 7:52 PM
"super receptive" is not how I would've characterized seble. Position effectiveness has been messy for as long as I can remember (Larry Bird isn't 100% at SF in some seasons).
4/13/2022 8:39 PM
I think it was more of a case of reaching his breaking point and saying, "Okay, you guys think you're smart, hit me with it" and then we got what we got. There were some good things that happened as a result of that, but along with the good came some not so great as well.
4/13/2022 8:42 PM
12 Next ▸
21-22 player seasons of interest Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.