21-22 player seasons of interest Topic

did we do that? that was so long ago I don't recall - is that really what happened though? "you get 70s forever"? doesn't sound right. Still I was brand new back then but sounds terrifically unfamiliar (as does the idea of seble listening to us) - is this another one of those 'OK, boomer' deals?

I agree w ash - blame ben
4/13/2022 9:08 PM (edited)
Posted by ncmusician_7 on 4/13/2022 8:39:00 PM (view original):
"super receptive" is not how I would've characterized seble. Position effectiveness has been messy for as long as I can remember (Larry Bird isn't 100% at SF in some seasons).
it feels worse though - maybe just the outer limits (of verge matrices of size vs stat algos) getting hits at random by the evolution of some bigs doing more 'small' stats and older bigs who did so already being set in stone?
4/13/2022 9:08 PM (edited)
but also meanwhile in the real world, the meanings of C and PF roles continue to melt and merge (as do the meaning of pg and sg roles) - maybe we are returning to the world of the 2003 sim where it was just g f c

In reality, we are seeing Pat Beverley types playing off-ball (Fisher, Ron Harper late edition etc) PG so the 'defining' stat is no longer that and in the game environment I am more than happy to be using super clean decent minute cheap 90 d Don Buse to those exact ends so wtf does PG mean anymore any more than what does center mean in a world where Jokic just put up the season that he did?

evolve simmy!!
4/13/2022 9:15 PM (edited)
I don't remember who suggested that 70s/60s forever thing... it wasn't until recently that I found out that that was a thing. I feel like someone may have said, "So & so didn't just suddenly become a bad defender" and seble interpreted that to give minimum 60s/70s for their career. If we are truly treating each season individually, that should absolutely not be a thing. If you want to use some of that logic, then maybe you say the year or 2 years after an all-defensive team selection, you get the aforementioned boost. Regardless, that's going to be more work than they will be doing right now.

I assume they're in a tear it all down, build from scratch place, but I haven't heard from anyone (and I've asked) in months, so I'm kind of back in my usual skeptic seat in regards to things getting done. I can't believe they didn't put a bandaid on State Farm, but I reckon since they didn't, I'm gonna use that new Jokic season for one sometime.

I mean, if he HAD been playing here, he could have stopped it, right?!
4/13/2022 9:09 PM
would he though? I think we can blame him both ways
4/13/2022 9:16 PM
Posted by copernicus on 4/13/2022 9:15:00 PM (view original):
but also meanwhile in the real world, the meanings of C and PF roles continue to melt and merge (as do the meaning of pg and sg roles) - maybe we are returning to the world of the 2003 sim where it was just g f c

In reality, we are seeing Pat Beverley types playing off-ball (Fisher, Ron Harper late edition etc) PG so the 'defining' stat is no longer that and in the game environment I am more than happy to be using super clean decent minute cheap 90 d Don Buse to those exact ends so wtf does PG mean anymore any more than what does center mean in a world where Jokic just put up the season that he did?

evolve simmy!!
honestly pure positionless bball would be great if 1) State Farm didn't exist and 2) Rebounds were less powerful. As long as both of those things are true, we need the positions to make the sim somewhat (and I say that with barely any sincerity) fair & balanced. I would love to have a reason & be able to run guys like KD or Tatum at the 4 competitively, since that's more of where they play in today's game, but realistically, they barely work at the 3 because of how good rebounds are...

...unless, of course, you're running State Farm, in which case you're only going to run one of four or five people there (and it's probably either Lebron or Giannis).
4/13/2022 9:17 PM
didnt you hear? no more state farm! {Yoko's whispere'd voice: 'war is over'}

Imagine there's no Stockton twins
Its easy if you try
no Lebron at center
Above us only sky

Imagine all the people
who might actually join to play....

You ooh ooh
may say that I'm a dreamer
But
4/13/2022 9:24 PM (edited)
The 60/70 floor apparantly doesn't apply to the all defensive teams that ashamael, benhoidal, robusk worked on (look at Mel Daniels).
4/13/2022 9:38 PM
Posted by ncmusician_7 on 4/13/2022 9:38:00 PM (view original):
The 60/70 floor apparantly doesn't apply to the all defensive teams that ashamael, benhoidal, robusk worked on (look at Mel Daniels).
Correct. This was just a patch and they didn't update anything other than those players in those seasons.
4/13/2022 10:26 PM
Posted by ashamael on 4/13/2022 9:10:00 PM (view original):
I don't remember who suggested that 70s/60s forever thing... it wasn't until recently that I found out that that was a thing. I feel like someone may have said, "So & so didn't just suddenly become a bad defender" and seble interpreted that to give minimum 60s/70s for their career. If we are truly treating each season individually, that should absolutely not be a thing. If you want to use some of that logic, then maybe you say the year or 2 years after an all-defensive team selection, you get the aforementioned boost. Regardless, that's going to be more work than they will be doing right now.

I assume they're in a tear it all down, build from scratch place, but I haven't heard from anyone (and I've asked) in months, so I'm kind of back in my usual skeptic seat in regards to things getting done. I can't believe they didn't put a bandaid on State Farm, but I reckon since they didn't, I'm gonna use that new Jokic season for one sometime.

I mean, if he HAD been playing here, he could have stopped it, right?!
From what I have heard, they are in complete tear down mode for all of their sims and will be trying to get something out this year, which probably will be disastrous. I know they were initially planning on fixing State Farm before the all-defense fix. Still have no idea why they switched the order on that one, but I believe they abandoned any further tweaks because of the overhaul they are planning on doing. I think the next change we get is going to be something completely new and we won't have any changes until then. I'm hoping that once they introduce the new system they will be much more active asking for feedback and fixing bugs.
4/13/2022 10:29 PM
◂ Prev 12
21-22 player seasons of interest Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.