Promised start – tournament Topic

I believe I read in the forums that promised starts don't carry over into the tournament. Is this correct or is there a possibility the player may still become unhappy and drop WE if he does not start in the tournament? Thanks.
4/17/2022 3:31 PM
Promises only matter for the 26 regular season games.
4/17/2022 5:31 PM
I thought it was 21 of the 26 regular season games.
4/17/2022 5:58 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 4/17/2022 5:58:00 PM (view original):
I thought it was 21 of the 26 regular season games.
They matter for all games but if you get to 26 regular season games then you can take all your non-starts in the CT and NT?
4/17/2022 6:30 PM
1) In general players need to start 21 or 22 regular seasons games to satisfy the promised start. Personally, I once had a guy transfer after starting 25/26 games. Granted, this only happened once and I've offered plenty of starts in my day.

2) If you fall behind on your promises in the regular season, starting and playing guys in the CT can help fulfill promises. However, if you don't start guys in the CT you are not penalized. Playing/not playing guys in the NT/PIT has no effect on promises one way or the other.
4/17/2022 8:40 PM
In short, if you have kept your promise during the regular season, you do not need to worry about the tourneys. If you were short of a promise during the regular season, the tourneys can be used to try to catch up.
4/17/2022 9:49 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 4/17/2022 8:40:00 PM (view original):
1) In general players need to start 21 or 22 regular seasons games to satisfy the promised start. Personally, I once had a guy transfer after starting 25/26 games. Granted, this only happened once and I've offered plenty of starts in my day.

2) If you fall behind on your promises in the regular season, starting and playing guys in the CT can help fulfill promises. However, if you don't start guys in the CT you are not penalized. Playing/not playing guys in the NT/PIT has no effect on promises one way or the other.
Could the guy that transferred have been short on promised minutes?
4/18/2022 7:07 AM
what has been proposed, not proven but it seems likely correct, is that for whatever reason (i am not convinced it is intentional)... it seems on promised starts, some guys will get ****** if you drop under 80%, and then those players will not give you a chance to correct. so the best advice i think out there today is, stay at or above 80% promised starts the entire way, and you'll be fine.

i agree that post season (CT + NT/PIT) can not count against you. but i believe both can help save you, especially on promised minutes. for sure, they used to be able to help you, but i can't swear they both still do in 3.0. i would suspect so though, if you get that 2nd complaint on minutes, i would absolutely keep fighting to keep those players via post season minutes.
4/18/2022 11:12 AM
Ok- quick question- what about in an exhibition? Does that impact promised starts or minutes?
4/18/2022 6:44 PM
Exhibitions have no effect on promises at all. They are good to get your players a bit more playing time for their development, though, or to try out various lineups, offenses or defenses you are thinking about.
4/18/2022 7:17 PM
Thanks!
4/18/2022 7:40 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 4/18/2022 7:07:00 AM (view original):
Posted by darnoc29099 on 4/17/2022 8:40:00 PM (view original):

Could the guy that transferred have been short on promised minutes?
Nope. He was over his minutes promised all season.

Every player has a built in threshold on what they’re willing to tolerate in broken promises before they decide to transfer. 99% of the time getting them 80% of their starts and minutes means you’re good to go, but it’s not absolute.
4/18/2022 8:42 PM
i feel like i get players who need 90% of minutes fairly often
4/18/2022 11:00 PM
Also to anyone struggling to fulfill a promise (maybe you gave out like 4 25 mpg promises at different points in time when it was very hard to fulfill them recently like someone I know), remember that foul outs do not count towards MPG promise UNLESS you cover your promise. So if your promise is 20 MPG and you get 15, doesnt count. But 22 minutes does. That can be very helpful if you're working with a fine line, I just played my freshman SG Foster on my Chadron State team on foul trouble only with the foul out setting on leave in longer multiple times against bad sims to either quickly rack up minutes or worst case he fouls out and the game doesnt count. Helped me fulfill my 25 mpg promise while maintaining NT seeding.
4/19/2022 10:24 AM
Posted by tmacfan12 on 4/19/2022 10:24:00 AM (view original):
Also to anyone struggling to fulfill a promise (maybe you gave out like 4 25 mpg promises at different points in time when it was very hard to fulfill them recently like someone I know), remember that foul outs do not count towards MPG promise UNLESS you cover your promise. So if your promise is 20 MPG and you get 15, doesnt count. But 22 minutes does. That can be very helpful if you're working with a fine line, I just played my freshman SG Foster on my Chadron State team on foul trouble only with the foul out setting on leave in longer multiple times against bad sims to either quickly rack up minutes or worst case he fouls out and the game doesnt count. Helped me fulfill my 25 mpg promise while maintaining NT seeding.
just to clarify -

when it comes to the player evaluating the promises, from an initial complaint standpoint, the player does NOT ignore foul-out games under the promise amount. however, subsequent evaluations, specifically if you've met the promise since the initial complaint, and when it comes to the player's end of season 'did you meet the promise' evaluation - the foul-out games under the promise amount, are ignored.

so, if you have a 25m promise, and game 1 of the season, your guy plays 25m - but then for the next 6 games or whatever, he plays 15m with 5 fouls per game - he is going to end up complaining. probably after 7 games, i forget exactly when the first complaint comes (and if its the same for 1/day and 2/day). anyway, if that complaint came, my understanding is that if, immediately after, your guy gets a season-ending injury somehow (probably not possible but bear with me), that basically he'll end up staying and you'll have been considered to have fully met the promise. the reason being, he only has 1 valid game to consider, from a final-promises-evaluation standpoint. or from a 2nd-complaint-evaluation standpoint. and the guy played 25m. so he should be good! but the first complaint check does NOT account for that, so you would still get a 1st complaint, despite being in no actual jeopardy.
4/19/2022 12:49 PM
12 Next ▸
Promised start – tournament Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.