Are you saying inaugural draft order should be based on RL franchise wins/losses, Jeff? I think there’s definitely merit there, or after teams do their random franchise draw, everyone submit keepers to commish and draft is based on keeper/roster salary
4/29/2022 11:05 AM
Posted by chargingryno on 4/29/2022 11:05:00 AM (view original):
Are you saying inaugural draft order should be based on RL franchise wins/losses, Jeff? I think there’s definitely merit there, or after teams do their random franchise draw, everyone submit keepers to commish and draft is based on keeper/roster salary
Yes.Idislike the possibility of teams like Cincy or the Dodgers or A'S getting a high draft choice combined with a win minimum.Teams like White Sox Twins etc not only have weak rosters to start but they miss out on draft picks like George Brett.
4/29/2022 11:57 AM
Posted by chargingryno on 4/29/2022 11:05:00 AM (view original):
absolutley saying that.
5/1/2022 2:17 PM
Really interesting. I will join
5/10/2022 11:16 AM
Posted by Poddy on 5/10/2022 11:16:00 AM (view original):
Really interesting. I will join
Welcome aboard!
5/10/2022 1:45 PM
Has this league been replace by Broken Clock? I think I like this idea (going back in time not forward) better. Too bad the progress of this league was sabotaged by jeff4noles and chargingryno…not cool imo
6/18/2022 8:13 PM
You could just get the lottery result for 1974 draft. Then whoever gets last pick for the draft gets first pick at the franchise and whoever gets Brett gets last choice like the Cubs.
6/19/2022 9:16 AM
Posted by pmars2001 on 6/18/2022 8:13:00 PM (view original):
Has this league been replace by Broken Clock? I think I like this idea (going back in time not forward) better. Too bad the progress of this league was sabotaged by jeff4noles and chargingryno…not cool imo
Excuse me?? Lol how was this league sabotaged. It’s the responsibility of commissioners to be able answer questions brought up by owners/prospective owners.

having a good plan for the inaugural draft is absolutely something that needs discussed.

besides that, all I did was clarify what jeff4noles was asking because it had been misunderstood in the previous posts.
6/20/2022 12:06 PM
So I would like the Sim League Wizard to give me the Athletics as I was in HS in KCMO the three years they won the WS in Oakland.... But otherwise I am in this new Progressive League so as to make a clean sweep and win every year from the beginning
6/20/2022 3:25 PM (edited)
Posted by chargingryno on 6/20/2022 12:07:00 PM (view original):
Excuse me?? Lol how was this league sabotaged. It’s the responsibility of commissioners to be able answer questions brought up by owners/prospective owners.

having a good plan for the inaugural draft is absolutely something that needs discussed.

besides that, all I did was clarify what jeff4noles was asking because it had been misunderstood in the previous posts.
So you are signing up? Otherwise, please go away…
6/20/2022 9:59 PM
Like I said, it’s more than fair for prospective owners to ask for clarity before signing up. If the commish decides to ignore the classified for over a Month, that’s on him - not on the people asking for clarity.
6/21/2022 6:18 PM
Poor commish's are the bane of this website.

It is beyond comprehensible to me why WIS doesn't "own" their policy regarding commissioners.
This concept of "backing" the commissioner in all things is extremely harmful to this site's ability to grow and/or keep customers!
6/21/2022 8:10 PM
Posted by chargingryno on 6/21/2022 6:18:00 PM (view original):
Like I said, it’s more than fair for prospective owners to ask for clarity before signing up. If the commish decides to ignore the classified for over a Month, that’s on him - not on the people asking for clarity.
Fair enough...
6/21/2022 8:26 PM
Pmars - this league has not been replaced per se but there just doesn't seem to be much interest in playing. There is some limited interest in offering criticism. We shall see if the league gets off the ground.
6/22/2022 6:50 AM (edited)
Posted by Ribbentrop on 6/20/2022 3:25:00 PM (view original):
So I would like the Sim League Wizard to give me the Athletics as I was in HS in KCMO the three years they won the WS in Oakland.... But otherwise I am in this new Progressive League so as to make a clean sweep and win every year from the beginning
Welcome aboard!
6/22/2022 6:51 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.