I realize I am wasting my breath here and you're going to continue to troll, but she did not specifically ask for money or even know there was any money. she said "Wondering if you could tell me if there is anything I need to do on my end, any outstanding bills, any winnings, or anything that I need to know before closing this account." It was her idea to donate the site credits, I just told her of their existence and that they can only be used to play the game for free.

I also sent her a link to this thread when it was just people saying nice things, and she said she was moved by it, so if she's still reading it, I'm sure she's thrilled to see you go on a holier than thou crusade. Seek help.

5/13/2022 11:37 AM
Granted she already gave permission to donate the credits, but I’m sure people wouldn’t mind if we bought them off her , if that’s even possible. To send a Visa Gift Card equal to the amount the credits are worth. I already have 400,000 reward points, but I wouldn’t mind buying $100 worth of them. Maybe that can cover some costs/bills.
5/13/2022 3:11 PM
now we're talking

5/13/2022 3:28 PM
I asked if it was OK to give her a gift card of equivalent dollar value to the credits, and she said: "It would be, but honestly I love the idea of you splitting it up for the winner of tournaments if that's still possible."

I think we can stick with adding them to the prize pool, but if people want to get money together for an Amazon gift card or something, I'd be happy to pass that on, let me know via sitemail. Reminder that she has already suggested a donation to the American Heart Association in wink's name as detailed in the first post in this thread. I already made a donation to that in the amount of $42.20 (wink's last team had a record of 42-20 at the time) and I hope others have as well.

5/13/2022 4:28 PM
Yes let's send her something. I'll sitemail you, George...
5/13/2022 5:26 PM
Would be nice to see someone like Just4me, or someone else who spends a fair amount, make a donation to the American Heart Association in the amount of the outstanding credits, then have the credits transferred to him.

This would honor the widow, make her feel good about a donation, and to trollbagger's point, be a more appropriate destination. I'd feel a bit silly taking winks money in the tournament when it could go somewhere better.
5/13/2022 7:14 PM
I am sad to hear about Wink... a great competitor. He'll definitely be missed.

I don't need the credits transferred, but am more than happy to have donated in his honor. Some of you were around several years ago when I lost my wife to leukemia and dove really deep into WIS as an escape. I know how much having donations to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society meant to me after her passing. I hope the ones we make here impact her the same way those did for me.
5/20/2022 12:04 AM
◂ Prev 1234

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.