What happened to all3???
5/21/2022 7:48 PM
Succumbed to cancer.
5/21/2022 10:41 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/21/2022 6:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/21/2022 4:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/21/2022 2:10:00 PM (view original):
All of the conservatives who were even semi-fun to interact with are inactive. It's not interesting to see the same **** from DougOut and lnf every day
Too time consuming for me. You always want those silly evidence and fact thingies. But you and me did have some classics. I do miss that from time to time.
I'm not blaming you for being less active! Not everyone has the same tolerance for argument and debate as I do.

But yes, you are one of the conservatives that were fun to interact with. Even less intelligent ones like CCCP and all3 (RIP) were still entertaining to deal with because they actually made arguments and had stances that they would defend.

It's not interesting to send replies to whatever memes Doug finds on his boomer forums or to deal with lostnfound being actually mentally ill. There has to be some back and forth and some basis in reality.
I definitely love debating. Drives people actually close to me nuts. I just enjoy making money and providing for my family more (oh yeah, and playing golf!)
5/21/2022 10:43 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/21/2022 6:18:00 PM (view original):
And btw, through engagement, strikeout has probably refined my rhetoric and beliefs on certain issues more than almost anyone I've interacted with.

That's why I like going back and forth with someone who knows what they're talking about. It forces me to be at least somewhat grounded in reality.
This is why I love debating as well. I honestly don’t ever debate to try to change someone else’s mind. I debate with the hope that one of two things are going happen. I’m either going to change my own mind on an issue or my view is going to grow stronger on the issue and I’m going to be better able to defend it. I’m happy either way.

I want to discuss topics with people that have a different perspective. They may say something that I hadn’t thought of.

5/21/2022 10:51 PM
Also Tang, thanks for the kind words.
5/21/2022 10:52 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/21/2022 10:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/21/2022 6:18:00 PM (view original):
And btw, through engagement, strikeout has probably refined my rhetoric and beliefs on certain issues more than almost anyone I've interacted with.

That's why I like going back and forth with someone who knows what they're talking about. It forces me to be at least somewhat grounded in reality.
This is why I love debating as well. I honestly don’t ever debate to try to change someone else’s mind. I debate with the hope that one of two things are going happen. I’m either going to change my own mind on an issue or my view is going to grow stronger on the issue and I’m going to be better able to defend it. I’m happy either way.

I want to discuss topics with people that have a different perspective. They may say something that I hadn’t thought of.

Totally agree, although the times when I do get a concession are fun as well!

Usually someone's mind isn't going to change in the argument itself. However, the goal would be to give a new perspective on an issue, and if the other person is introspective enough, they might reconsider eventually on their own.
5/22/2022 1:51 AM
thinking is good
5/22/2022 1:19 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 5/21/2022 7:02:00 PM (view original):
Arguing politics is akin to arguing whose wifey/girlfriend is hotter..................

Somebody always ends up ****** off and Nobody wins!

Oh, Tangy I AM a conservative..........in many ways, just not as it's defined politically these days!
I'm also a classic liberal, as it USED to be defined.

But, most of all I'm kind of tired of the whole societal shebang.
Being around most folks makes me feel prickly.
I got a lot of rough edges on me, and nowadays folks don't seem to appreciate that much.

So I spend my time with Bloody Mary and the skies.
no argument there, Bob...my wife is hottest!!!
5/23/2022 1:38 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/21/2022 10:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/21/2022 6:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 5/21/2022 4:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/21/2022 2:10:00 PM (view original):
All of the conservatives who were even semi-fun to interact with are inactive. It's not interesting to see the same **** from DougOut and lnf every day
Too time consuming for me. You always want those silly evidence and fact thingies. But you and me did have some classics. I do miss that from time to time.
I'm not blaming you for being less active! Not everyone has the same tolerance for argument and debate as I do.

But yes, you are one of the conservatives that were fun to interact with. Even less intelligent ones like CCCP and all3 (RIP) were still entertaining to deal with because they actually made arguments and had stances that they would defend.

It's not interesting to send replies to whatever memes Doug finds on his boomer forums or to deal with lostnfound being actually mentally ill. There has to be some back and forth and some basis in reality.
I definitely love debating. Drives people actually close to me nuts. I just enjoy making money and providing for my family more (oh yeah, and playing golf!)
making money and providing for your family, I can understand....but golf?????
5/23/2022 1:40 AM
bowling is better

baseball is better

any game where perfection is possible

one day soon AI will invent a golf machine

that can walk 18 in 18 strokes

but that won be me or you or anyone like us

that will be a doomsday machine

5/23/2022 5:44 AM
Golf is awesome. Played it for over 65 years.. am 76 yo.

Too old for the boxing club. but this place here? It's a cross between a pit bull and a poodle.

What I sometimes do is make a comment for eg. Trump was a way better president than Biden or B.O... and just let the comments fly.. and I wish Donald was still in..

Some guys get so serious, as though it is their life.. to win their points.. but I don't see it as a pi$$ing contest..

Lar Bob is a challenge.. as are the rest here.. Doug out never converses, just posts stuff like pics, and quotes.

and there are no dumb folks here. Some are lost, but that is another matter

Cheers all. June is almost here.
5/23/2022 7:00 AM
GOLF: In this game you learn about you.. Seriously, the game is 99% mental. I like that it makes grown men cry, and also makes doctors and lawyers talk to themselves.. Some even talk to their balls. Ever seen that? as: GET IN there. you little bugger. BITE.. RUN..
5/23/2022 7:04 AM
Posted by bagchucker on 5/23/2022 5:44:00 AM (view original):
bowling is better

baseball is better

any game where perfection is possible

one day soon AI will invent a golf machine

that can walk 18 in 18 strokes

but that won be me or you or anyone like us

that will be a doomsday machine

Dedicated my life to baseball. Made a career out of it. Have no issues with the sport, but golf is definitely better. Baseball relies on someone else’s subjective analysis of you on whether you even get to be part of the team or not. Even if you’re a good player, if you’re short or slow or don’t throw hard, you don’t get to play. Golf is different. It’s an objective, earned right. Everyone starts at the same level. Dustin Johnson and me have the same opportunity to play in a US Open. He gets the chance because he’s objectively much better.
5/23/2022 7:30 AM
he also has a very hot wife (not as hot as mine of course)
5/23/2022 12:53 PM
That isn't a good argument for golf. Same statement could apply to any individual sport. Why don't you love bowling, or boxing, or tennis, etc?
5/23/2022 7:47 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.