Defensive Ratings Topic

Do defensive ratings mean anything when the games are played?

I have what should be a great defensive team, yet opponents are having games where they are shooting over 60% from the field against me regularly. I have 5 players who were on all defensive teams several times. Seems like that doesn't matter.
5/21/2022 9:45 PM
are you playing open leagues against assist exploit teams because against those squads nothing matters
5/22/2022 10:19 AM
Posted by copernicus on 5/22/2022 10:19:00 AM (view original):
are you playing open leagues against assist exploit teams because against those squads nothing matters
Yes. The sim treats assists totally wrong. Historically every 5 extra assists creates one extra basket, but this sim seems to think that every assist creates a basket. There's no way that a team could average 40 assists. There's only one ball and only one or two guys on a team can average like 7-8+ assists.
5/22/2022 4:32 PM
But in general, do the defensive ratings matter? Will your opponent shoot a lower percentage if you have great defenders?
5/22/2022 4:51 PM
Posted by savoybg on 5/22/2022 4:51:00 PM (view original):
But in general, do the defensive ratings matter? Will your opponent shoot a lower percentage if you have great defenders?
Yes.
5/22/2022 5:54 PM
Posted by savoybg on 5/22/2022 4:32:00 PM (view original):
Yes. The sim treats assists totally wrong. Historically every 5 extra assists creates one extra basket, but this sim seems to think that every assist creates a basket. There's no way that a team could average 40 assists. There's only one ball and only one or two guys on a team can average like 7-8+ assists.
I wouldn't put it exactly that way but you are not wrong either

I recommend one of the anti-state farm leagues and yes defense does matter in those
5/23/2022 10:10 AM
Defensive Ratings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.