The People's Baseball League - A constitution Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
5/22/2022 11:50 AM
ESPN will show these games right after they bring back the lawnmower and school bus races...they might get pre-empted by the Bob Ross painting show, so have a backup plan...

Where exactly are you going with this, Professor???

I nominate Possum Grape, Arkansas for an expansion team.
I also nominate Ottumwa, Iowa, cuz I like saying Ottumwa...and Radar O'Reilly was from there...Mrs. O'Reilly raised her a fine boy...
5/22/2022 12:34 PM (edited)
i know a guy who won a local lawnmower race and got to go to disneyworld for the finals

coworker o mine, fifteen twenty years ago

he got picked up for stealing a hat, spent the weekend in jail, and got sent home with his wife and two kids

he says he didn't do it, but i know the guy

he prolly went in, tried a hat on, perched his cool guy sun glasses up top, "forgot" to take the hat off, and walked out of the disney store bold as can be

he said the toilet in the florida holding tank was the dirtiest porcelain he ever sat his *** on
5/22/2022 12:58 PM
I’m still not sure if this is an actual proposal from Professor or from a parody site
5/22/2022 2:54 PM
he's saying

5/22/2022 4:07 PM
He needs to get Ginger Billy to promote this here league...it could be BIGLY... perhaps in tandem with USFL games...or rasslin'...

Whoever came up with this has some serious time to waste...

Remember when you was a kid, there was always that kid on the field who had to add rules all day...just saying...
5/22/2022 5:59 PM (edited)
The biggest issue I have is having a team in Tucson, AZ.

if your goal is to have people watch/attend, don’t go to Tucson.
5/22/2022 6:18 PM
With these gas prices, they won't be able to afford to travel long distance anyways...$6 average by summer, according to Morgan Stanley.
5/22/2022 6:29 PM
It's a real thing...well, sort of. I picture a background where they filmed Fried Green Tomatoes...

https://peoplesbaseball.com/
5/22/2022 7:12 PM
I love stuff that's grass roots... it'd be great to have this be a success. The economics just won't work on a national level. You could do it on a statewide level, perhaps something as big as a NC-SC-VA regional league, with some low level sponsorship, like club teams do. They won't be able to sustain coast to coast travel...they won't be taking this to London anytime soon.
5/22/2022 7:36 PM
Southwest/Pacific Coast Division:

Austin, TX
Tulsa, OK
Tucson, AZ
Portland, OR
San José, CA
Vancouver, Canada

Some serious bus rides...Tulsa to Vancouver? Then hop down to San Jose???
5/22/2022 7:45 PM
Who's financing this, the Tooth Fairy? Did the Easter Bunny start laying golden eggs? What a pipedream. I've never been THIS high, and that's saying something...

Did you find this in The Onion? Better get Kamala on board this train, it's Bound For Glory...
5/22/2022 7:56 PM (edited)
This'd be great as a theme league in the Sim.

Get Admin to create a few hundred fictional players, put a pony keg next to 2B. Beer Belly Bruisers from Tuscaloosa...it would be a hit. Bring on the draft... we'll get Juggalosteve to commish...
5/22/2022 8:05 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
1|2|3...9 Next ▸
The People's Baseball League - A constitution Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.