The People's Baseball League - A constitution Topic

Posted by bagchucker on 5/22/2022 1:00:00 PM (view original):
i know a guy who won a local lawnmower race and got to go to disneyworld for the finals

coworker o mine, fifteen twenty years ago

he got picked up for stealing a hat, spent the weekend in jail, and got sent home with his wife and two kids

he says he didn't do it, but i know the guy

he prolly went in, tried a hat on, perched his cool guy sun glasses up top, "forgot" to take the hat off, and walked out of the disney store bold as can be

he said the toilet in the florida holding tank was the dirtiest porcelain he ever sat his *** on
This is hysterical. Almost sounds like it could be true.
5/23/2022 9:59 AM
Real life is way funnier than fiction...
5/23/2022 11:55 AM
Posted by DoctorKz on 5/22/2022 6:29:00 PM (view original):
With these gas prices, they won't be able to afford to travel long distance anyways...$6 average by summer, according to Morgan Stanley.
It's already at a $6/gallon average around the Golden State. Been costing me over a $100 per fill-up on my Grand Cherokee. Kids will be wearing shoes with holes in the sole if this keeps up. Word on the street is the State of Washington has started the process of recalibrating/coding gas pumps so they can take "double digits", i.e. $10 per gallon. Weren't we energy independent just a couple years ago? What happened? (don't answer, I know). It's a bit tiring to hear the current administration blame the usurious gas increases on Putin and greedy oil companies. I heard today some mouthpiece say "we're doing all we can to lower prices". That's all encompassing and to me, an obvious mendacious statement. Sure, Putin's war has restricted world wide supply with sanctions - shouldn't we be licensing, drilling, pumping and refining more? As far as greedy profiteering goes, why did that happen just now and all of a sudden? Couldn't the oil companies have done that essentially at any time?
5/24/2022 7:47 PM
I'm not getting into the all too obvious reasons why things are in their current state. I was merely pointing out the economics of running a team all over the map with a very limited revenue stream. This league would need Doc Emmett Brown and his Fusion powered locomotive...

America... we're a special kind of stupid...we social distance in line to board an airplane that we sit shoulder to shoulder for 4 hours.

For the first time in history you can post "He's an idiot!" and 98% of the world's population will know exactly who you're talking about....
5/24/2022 10:19 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
In our Real Life of Political correctness as well as stat nerds....
Four former players, with the informal understanding to be that they be universally respected persons. For the opening season these will be Rod Carew, Don Mattingly, Ozzie Smith and Ichiro Suzuki. These players will be chosen by the Players Union and the Baseball Hall of Fame Veterans Committee in mutual consultation and consensus.

I would suggest you rethink these 4.
First, Ichiro. No Brainer.
Second, I think there are even better Yankees than Mattingly. (i.e. Jeter)

Third, I am sure there are stats to determine the Ethnicity demographics of all guys who have ever played and I think you have no hispanic representation, unclear why both Ozzie and Carew would be there while there is only one white player. How about Greg Maddux?, Cal Ripken Jr?

Another "diversity" and "inclusion" thought would be to name the "anti-hero" from the list above and pair them together. Names that come to mind to me are the following. Pete Rose, Barry Bonds, Albert "dont call my Joey" Belle, John Rocker (couldnt resist), Jose Canseco, Aroid.

7/23/2022 3:07 PM
Carew is Hispanic, he was born in Panama.
7/23/2022 3:48 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 5/22/2022 6:29:00 PM (view original):
With these gas prices, they won't be able to afford to travel long distance anyways...$6 average by summer, according to Morgan Stanley.
Morgan Stanley looks pretty foolish right now in Northern Virginia...gas prices have dropped considerably in recent weeks, now $0.50/gal lower than Memorial Day...I saw a station today with $3.95/gal, and VA ain't exactly a low-tax state when it comes to gas.

The lessons, as always:
-- Be very careful with economic projections
-- Supply and demand are very complicated concepts in reality; simple-sounding solutions are often the very worst ideas....
7/23/2022 8:13 PM
My point was a league with little to no revenue cannot function as a nationwide, or even a regional league...it's a pipedream...
7/23/2022 8:34 PM
Then you phrased it poorly.
7/23/2022 8:42 PM
Biden's know-it-all press secretary says it's exciting to see a 50 cent drop. Yeah well it wasn't quite as exciting to see it jump $3 plus per gallon a few months ago, then be told it's necessary and part of the plan...for people not using a Beltway or Hamptons zip code it's no fun for folks to watch their 401k go into the shitter, or have to decide whether to fill up or pay a bill. Exciting isn't the term we are using to describe Brandon...and get him some god-damned training wheels.

How's my phrasing now?
7/23/2022 10:11 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...9 Next ▸
The People's Baseball League - A constitution Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.