My WIS Retirement Tour Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I always wondered how you managed to set those goofy records, the early days of WIS sound like the Wild West, no rules and figuring it out as you go. I enjoyed playing against you in the LIVE days. looks like this is the last of the many times I can complain about that 11-0 blown lead to you in the playoffs!

Sounds like you're in a good place with the church and everything, good luck. And yes, I always pictured you as a conspiracy theorist who lived in middle of nowhere Nevada based on your user name.

5/29/2022 8:57 PM
He'll be back...they all say this...

Best Wishes, Chris...

Keep in touch
5/29/2022 9:18 PM
I have to admit I, too, thought you were an alien guy! I’m just as surprised to learn that instead of you being a conspiracy theorist, we actually have a lot in common. I, too, am in my 40’s and became a pastor in 2020 (nothing like jumping into that in the middle of a pandemic, huh?). I bet we’d have some things to talk about. Sitemail me if you’d like to chat about it.

On the WIS side, it’s sad to lose a long-time owner, but your reasons are respectable and understandable. Best wishes!

Matt
5/29/2022 9:31 PM
Oh how I enjoyed the "Rate My Team" antics! I'll miss you being on the site Chris, but wish you well in life. Good luck with the ministry and substitute teaching!
5/29/2022 9:42 PM
Chris, good luck with everything. I have enjoyed competing with you over these many years and you will be missed. Although, to be honest (and maybe a little selfish) I do hope to see you back one day. I left the site myself a couple of times - once for two years and the last time for over ten years. Never thought of WIS once in those ten years and then through a complete quirk of fate I was reintroduced to it again in time for last year's WISC. It was amazing how many users, including yourself, were still around from the 2000-2010s, and how quick it all came back. Maybe you'll have the same experience one day.

Things we have in common - I was a substitute teacher for a couple of years in the mid 90s and I deeply regret my misleading username as well
5/29/2022 11:17 PM (edited)
Can totally relate to the regrets around username...
5/31/2022 11:55 AM
I’d say….sheesh. Besterateam? Really? 11 year old me wasn’t too imaginative
6/1/2022 12:37 PM
Ratemyteam was always a fun read
6/1/2022 12:41 PM
My uncle signed me up for this site, and literally used my parents home address as my username lol
6/1/2022 2:36 PM
I hope you reconsider and join us once in a while, but understand the changes in life. Always appreciated your wry sense of humor and competing against you in so many leagues through the years. Your calling is a strong one and you have my best wishes for "all good things" moving forward. Finally, I appreciate your letting our community know why we won't be seeing you around after you complete the final set of themes you're in. Many times familiar names drop off and I've asked myself "I wonder what happened to XXXX"?
6/11/2022 11:15 PM (edited)
Happy trails A51. I would ask you to rate my latest team, but I am on hiatus right now soo.....But I'll be back! (knock on wood.)

Just popped in for a forum looksee and logged in to say good bye. Live long and prosper allien.
6/1/2022 8:11 PM
Is this your first retirement tour? How many does Elton John have? You're only 45. Think this through...

He'll be back, I give him six months. This is temporary. Only death, taxes, and coyote ugly are forever...
6/1/2022 9:38 PM
“Every time I think I’m out, they pull me back!” - Area51man, April 1, 2051
6/1/2022 10:51 PM
12 Next ▸
My WIS Retirement Tour Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.