FC Dynasty Cup IX - Fighting Ants - Champion Topic

The first contest is in the books. La Daga Club de Fútbol hosted Cup I Champion Cambridge Hornets. La Daga put the hammer down and won the game 6-1 based on the strength of two goals each by Diego Calveche and Palban Mendez...who become the early leaders in the L'Orteil D'or competition.
6/16/2022 9:29 AM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/16/2022 8:23:00 AM (view original):
There has already been a flurry of activity in the first 24 hours with 33 Group Stage games out of the 72 total having already been scheduled, including every game for Group E...which makes my job very easy. The first games are today and stretch out through the 25th.

Just so there is no confusion, there were several instances where more than one home game was scheduled between two teams. Unless I hear from both coaches...and they both agree to the same thing...the first game (earliest date) will count for the Group Stage table and the subsequent game (or games) will be just for fun. I understand that maybe multiple challenges were sent to assure at least one game got scheduled. I have done it myself.

Keep those Group Stage games coming.
this happened multiple times last tournament. it usually wasn't multiple challenges, it was some kind of flaw with multiple games being scheduled. I remember one instance were like 5 games in a row got scheduled.
6/16/2022 4:02 PM
Posted by Duuude2 on 6/16/2022 4:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/16/2022 8:23:00 AM (view original):
There has already been a flurry of activity in the first 24 hours with 33 Group Stage games out of the 72 total having already been scheduled, including every game for Group E...which makes my job very easy. The first games are today and stretch out through the 25th.

Just so there is no confusion, there were several instances where more than one home game was scheduled between two teams. Unless I hear from both coaches...and they both agree to the same thing...the first game (earliest date) will count for the Group Stage table and the subsequent game (or games) will be just for fun. I understand that maybe multiple challenges were sent to assure at least one game got scheduled. I have done it myself.

Keep those Group Stage games coming.
this happened multiple times last tournament. it usually wasn't multiple challenges, it was some kind of flaw with multiple games being scheduled. I remember one instance were like 5 games in a row got scheduled.
Hmmm...unbelievable. That's a nice way to clog up the schedule, having 5 duplicate challenges in a row. Anyway, good to know. I had no idea that was a programming issue.

No chance of WIS fixing that bug. Let's hope it doesn't get any worse.
6/16/2022 6:02 PM
June 16th wraps up with Palban Mendez trying to clinch the L'Orteil D'or on the first day of competition.

There are four games scheduled for tomorrow and then the Group Stage really heats up with nine games on the docket (so far) for the 18th.
6/16/2022 9:25 PM
Gonna have to wait a few days to schedule my games, we just flipped to the new season.
6/17/2022 6:13 PM
Posted by indiansrck27 on 6/17/2022 6:13:00 PM (view original):
Gonna have to wait a few days to schedule my games, we just flipped to the new season.
I noticed and assumed that was why. No pressure. Those 12 days can be used strategically.
6/17/2022 6:35 PM
I think I have all of today's games recorded (I do a final check after 7pm.)

Lots of ties, which means lots of drama for transfer spots as the games tick away.

Timo Amo (VB Hibernian) zooms into first place for top scorer with a whopping 6 goals in two games.
6/17/2022 6:41 PM
Saturday is called 'moving day' in golf. While that's a little much at this point in the tournament, a few teams will be in the driver's seat for a Knockout Round bid by the end of the weekend. Group C, Group D or Group E will have the best odds for claiming the first transfer spot, although that is not guaranteed.

The Shield of the Cow opened up it's title defense with a 4-3 road victory over Chapleau Football Club. Other morning games of note included a stinging loss for Greatest of all TIME, falling 5-4 against Koblenz Lions. Not only did GOAT lose the game but they also lost Pato Arzu (who scored twice in the match) to a red card in the 88th minute, allowing Koblenz to score the winning goal while a man up right before time expired.

About half of today's games have been recorded, the other five I'll grab this evening.
6/18/2022 12:46 PM (edited)
La Daga Club de Fútbol out of Group E becomes the first team to secure a spot in the Knockout Rounds after completing a sweep at home, this time beating milli pede 3-0. La Daga still has a little bit of work to do to win the group but, more importantly, they want to keep racking up Group Stage points to grab one of the four 1st Round byes even after they presumably clinch the Group E top spot.

Those opening wins by La Daga, of course, makes the second transfer spot out of Group E wide open.

No other team was able to punch their ticket today, although the crutchanators of soccer and Fighting Ants are both a win or less away from moving on in the tourney. With another six games to be played tomorrow, there will probably be another transfer spot or two secured.
6/19/2022 10:44 AM (edited)
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/19/2022 10:44:00 AM (view original):
La Daga Club de Fútbol out of Group E becomes the first team to secure a spot in the Knockout Rounds after completing a sweep at home, this time beating milli pede 3-0. La Daga still has a little bit of work to do to win the group but, more importantly, they want to keep racking up Group Stage points to grab one of the four 1st Round byes even after they presumably clinch the Group E top spot.

Those opening wins by La Daga, of course, makes the second transfer spot out of Group E wide open.

No other team was able to punch their ticket today, although the crutchanators of soccer and Fighting Ants are both a win or less away from moving on in the tourney. With another six games to be played tomorrow, there will probably be another transfer spot or two secured.
Now that I have slept on it, I suppose Group E could end up in a four-way 3-3 tie, with every team finishing with 9 points or if the last place team finishes at 1-5, the other two teams could trade off points to get to nine or better. Long story short, La Daga Club de Fútbol is in the same position that the other two front runners are in...a win or less away from moving on in the tourney. The odds of that scenario playing out are low but not zero. I'll remove the coveted blue highlighting for the moment
6/19/2022 10:45 AM
Greatest of all TIME's Pato Arzu must believe that there is an award for most red cards in the tournament. Having received one red card in the past five years, he now has consecutive reds in consecutive games. He scored his third goal of the Cup but was again sent off in the 59th minute. At least it didn't cost his side the match this time around. GOAT was able to hold onto a 2-1 win over Iberian Sharpshooters Football Club.

In other morning action, black mambas needed all of Paxton Rotchford's hat trick, as his third goal in the 87th minute proved to be the game winner in a 4-3 victory over Space Olympics.

Finally, the early leader in the best name contest is 31 year old German defender Harti Butt for Kobelco United Football Club, whose rugged a$$ contributed two goals in a 5-1 win against Shoals Soccer Club.
6/19/2022 4:16 PM (edited)

Finally, the early leader in the best name contest is 31 year old German defender Harti Butt for Kobelco United Football Club, whose rugged a$$ contributed two goals in a 5-1 win against Shoals Soccer Club.

now thats funny!
6/19/2022 8:19 PM
A change has been made to the Group E standings that potentially has a small impact to the group tiebreaker and Knockout Round seeding. The coaches for La Daga Club de Fútbol (bubtron1990) and Cambridge Hornets (alvin9) advised me that the previously recorded La Daga home game was not supposed to count towards the standings and that the game played today was the game of record. The reason for the change was that World 91 (Cambridge) recently rolled and the Hornets were needing to sign a coupe of players to have a proper roster.

The end result is, instead of a 6-1 La Daga win, it ends up being a 4-1 La Daga win. Not earth-shattering but I wanted the entire tournament to know.
6/19/2022 8:20 PM
Posted by Duuude2 on 6/19/2022 8:19:00 PM (view original):

now thats funny!
I'm half hoping he wins the L'Orteil D'or so that I can immortalize that name in the record books.
6/19/2022 8:24 PM
The post just below the top goal tracker list the current unscheduled games. Since there is one week left in the Group Stage, now is the time to bring it to everyone's attention. Please don't wait until the last minute. Scheduling requires two to tango. The games must be scheduled by the 27th but not necessarily played by the 27th. Slots 6 thru 10 are, for instance, June 28th thru July 2nd (or something like that) if scheduled today and all would be valid. When we get close to the weekend, I'll post one more reminder if any games are still outstanding.

Unscheduled Games - 10

GROUP A - The Shield of the Cow home against Chapleau Football Club. The Cow sends the challenge.

GROUP B - All six games involving Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi.

GROUP F - All three home games involving Iberian Sharpshooters Football Club. Sharpshooters sends the challenges.
6/20/2022 9:30 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...8 Next ▸
FC Dynasty Cup IX - Fighting Ants - Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.