FC Dynasty Cup IX - Fighting Ants - Champion Topic

I know Iberian's team is rolling over so he probably is waiting. i am in the same world and should have done the same thing since im losing a bunch of good people so i could replace some. Oh well.
6/20/2022 11:44 AM
Posted by Duuude2 on 6/20/2022 11:44:00 AM (view original):
I know Iberian's team is rolling over so he probably is waiting. i am in the same world and should have done the same thing since im losing a bunch of good people so i could replace some. Oh well.
Yeah, sometimes the timing just isn't good for a particular world. With every world on a different schedule, there's no way to avoid it. The best that can be done is to hold the tournaments out of sync so that the pain gets spread around evenly, if that makes any sense.
6/20/2022 2:22 PM
The lone 6/20 PM game has been recorded, as Koblenz Lions defeats North Polar Dragons FC 4-2 in Group F play to reclaim the top spot.

Timo Amo (VB Hibernian) is still holding onto the top of the Golden Toe with 7 tallies.

Despite my earlier predictions, no team has clinched a Knockout Round spot. That will change tomorrow. With a whopping 11 games to be played, somebody's gonna earn their spot....and somebody else will probably be mathematically eliminated. Stay tuned.
6/20/2022 8:47 PM
VB Hibernian out of Group C officially becomes the first team to grab a Knockout Round spot after two second half goals by Golden Toe leader Timo Amo is just enough to eke out a 3-2 road win against the crutchanators of soccer.

In the other Group C overnight contest, golf_yeah was eliminated when Futbol Club Oviedo scored in the last minute of the game for a 4-3 victory. golf_yeah can only reach seven points and crutchanators is already sitting at eight.

These results make the game between Oviedo and crutchanators later today pivotal for the other Group C transfer spot, with Oviedo in a can not lose situation. They are eliminated (crutchanators advances) with a loss and must win their final two games if they tie.
6/21/2022 7:41 AM (edited)
I would love to know what each team's aggregate OVR rating is, I didn't think my team was a pushover but man we are getting slaughtered. I must be in a stacked bracket or my team is no where close to these others. Thanks for putting this together it is well done. I wish WIS put a little effort into making some improvements in this game.
6/21/2022 8:46 AM
looks like you have a wrong team in the scoring section for group A. you have shoals losing twice to kobelco at home. maybe one of those should be chapleau?
6/21/2022 8:55 AM
Posted by Duuude2 on 6/21/2022 8:55:00 AM (view original):
looks like you have a wrong team in the scoring section for group A. you have shoals losing twice to kobelco at home. maybe one of those should be chapleau?
yeah...I'll change it. That's what I get for updating the standings before I've had some coffee.
6/21/2022 10:25 AM (edited)
Posted by rolltide08 on 6/21/2022 8:46:00 AM (view original):
I would love to know what each team's aggregate OVR rating is, I didn't think my team was a pushover but man we are getting slaughtered. I must be in a stacked bracket or my team is no where close to these others. Thanks for putting this together it is well done. I wish WIS put a little effort into making some improvements in this game.
I would post it if I could but the FC Dynasty programming is so rudimentary, you can't get much info from the outside (of a world) looking in.

This tournament really shows everyone just how strong (or not) their teams are. Before I lost my own team due to inactivity in 2020, I had almost 50 seasons and a bunch of world 91 titles in a German league with very active human players...yet I struggled to get out of Group play and never made it past the quarterfinals.

I wish WIS would invest some time into the game...better player development, practice plans, 2nd divisions. Not a lot would make the game exponentially better but it's never gonna happen. I hope you keep playing in future tournaments and thank you for the compliment.
6/21/2022 10:39 AM
With the 6/21 AM action complete, Fighting Ants out of Group D become the second team to advance to the Knockout Round, with a 2-1 road win against F.C. Baltimore Blue. Also, defending Champ The Shield of the Cow keeps grazing on the Group A competition with a 6-2 home win over Shoals Soccer Club.

More this evening...
6/21/2022 11:33 AM (edited)
Greatly appreciate you putting this together, gomiami. Very well done.
6/21/2022 12:11 PM

I am relatively new to this game, having only a few seasons under my belt. However, for what its worth, the average overall rating of my Starting XI is 73.36.
6/21/2022 2:28 PM
Posted by EJP on 6/21/2022 2:28:00 PM (view original):

I am relatively new to this game, having only a few seasons under my belt. However, for what its worth, the average overall rating of my Starting XI is 73.36.
Thanks for the feedback, yeah my main lineup is like 73.8.

And to answer your question Miami, it would take each team giving your their aggregate because like you said you cant scout other teams not in your world. Anyway maybe something cool to look into in future years and the teams could be grouped according to that even though the OVR aggregate doesn't compensate for a lot of details(like yrs exp, or core categories) it would still be a nice feature to use for seeding imo.
6/21/2022 4:58 PM
Posted by rolltide08 on 6/21/2022 4:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by EJP on 6/21/2022 2:28:00 PM (view original):

Thanks for the feedback, yeah my main lineup is like 73.8.

And to answer your question Miami, it would take each team giving your their aggregate because like you said you cant scout other teams not in your world. Anyway maybe something cool to look into in future years and the teams could be grouped according to that even though the OVR aggregate doesn't compensate for a lot of details(like yrs exp, or core categories) it would still be a nice feature to use for seeding imo.
I actually do have a process for seeding teams and every team gets seeded first through last before I make the bracket. The defending Champion is always the #1 seed and is placed in Group A. Next, #2 through last are based on seasons played, number of league podium finishes and recent (last 10 seasons) league performance (to account for a team with a historically strong resume but in a current rebuilding phase.)

However, those seeds (other than the defending Champ,) can not be strictly adhered to since the main focus of FC Dynasty Cup is to make sure the Group Stage separates multiple IDs from the same person as well as teams from the same world. There are many established in-world tournaments out there and I don't want to compete with them. The Cup is intended to be complimentary, the same way Champions League is not trying to compete with the Bundesliga or Premier League. If teams from the same world meet in the Knockout Stage...well, then so be it.

Once those conditions are met, a first through last ranking based on any criteria would become largely obsolete. I had to move about 8 teams from their original rank to a different Group just to avoid same human/same world conflicts.

6/21/2022 6:03 PM
In the 6/21 PM matches, Futbol Club Oviedo takes care of business and fends off elimination by defeating the crutchanators of soccer 5-3. The game was won by one player, Julio Schwegler, who scored a massive four goals in the game. Oviedo now needs one win in its final two games to leapfrog crutchanators for the transfer spot and can take Group C outright if it wins out.

In Group B, black mambas takes a key road game 3-2 over Canadian National Football Club to move into first place.

Three evening results mix up the Group A standings. Kobelco United Football Club hands The Shield of the Cow its first loss and Shoals Soccer Club shows some resiliency by winning in comfortable fashion on the road against Chapleau Football Club 4-1.

Kobelco Übermensch Harti Butt scores another two goals, knocking detractors who thought his game 1 performance a mere fluke, right on their derriere.
6/21/2022 9:37 PM (edited)
Cows are trying to schedule with Chapleau, but can't seem to get a yes. Chapleau, if you're out there, let's play!
Also of note, Harti Butt seems to be making a cool $1.8M a year. Who's laughing now?
6/22/2022 1:56 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸
FC Dynasty Cup IX - Fighting Ants - Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.