FC Dynasty Cup IX - Fighting Ants - Champion Topic

Overnight, Koblenz Lions eliminated North Polar Dragons FC with a dominant 5-1 road victory. The win places Koblenz in first place in Group F and all will come down to the Iberian Sharpshooters Football Club matches.

La Daga Club de Fútbol failed to improve its seeding with a loss to Cambridge Hornets 3-2 when Damarion Cabaye scored in the 82nd minute to break a 2-2 tie. La Daga will now await the completion of the other group stage games to see where in the Knockout Rounds it will be placed.

Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi opens up its tournament with a 3-1 road loss to Group B leader Space Olympics. Olympics has not clinched a transfer spot but is looking very solid and is less than a win away from a guarantee.
6/25/2022 9:38 AM
Well, I see that there are no evening games for the 25th and only one game slated for tomorrow...Cotopaxi home to Space Olympics, in which Olympics can clinch with a win.

Monday is when four additional games are slated to be decided and the Knockout picture should become fairly clear. See you tomorrow.
6/25/2022 7:28 PM
In the only game for the 26th, Space Olympics clinches a 1st Round bye and advances straight to the Quarterfinals with a 3-1 road win against Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi in Group B play. Olympics will be slotted as either the #2 or #3 seed depending on the final game involving Group A leader The Shield of the Cow.

Since there are no games this evening, I'll post a summary of the remaining Group Stage games and spell out a few playoff scenarios.

6/26/2022 9:38 AM
The games being played tomorrow are the following - Group A has the Cow home to Chapleau, Group B has Cotopaxi and mambas playing both legs, Group F has North Polar hosting GOAT. All of then have knockout implications...either bids or seedings.

I realized pretty quick it is impossible to do any kind of playoff scenario with the scheduling incomplete...too many unknown variables. Tomorrow evening, when the schedule gets locked, I'll be able to calculate it all out.
6/28/2022 6:02 AM (edited)
With the morning games for 6/27 finished, The Shield of the Cow dominated Chapleau Football Club at home and eliminated them in a 4-1 victory. The Cow's Caldwell Francisco scored twice in the contest and moved into 2nd place in the L'Orteil D'or standings with 8 goals, still one behind VB Hibernian's Timo Amo, who has been sitting at 9 goals for most of the week. The Cow's win also clinched a transfer spot out of Group A for Kobelco United Football Club, ensuring that Harti Butt will have more opportunities to flex his muscle.

In Group B action, Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi showed some life and won its first game of the tournament 4-1 in a home win over black mambas. The loss put mambas in probably a can not lose situation for the return game against Cotopaxi this evening since another loss would lock mambas in at 6 points and a bad goal differential...not usually the résumé of a Knockout Round qualifier.
6/27/2022 8:37 AM
OK, a lot to unpack. First, please do not schedule quarterfinals games yet even if you can match up your seeding. I need to double-check my math and, since tomorrow is an off day (no games scheduled) I will post official Knockout Round seeding and time frame tomorrow.

Unofficially, the Knockout Round is decided. The final scheduled game is on the 29th between Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi and Canadian National Football Club in Group B. Since both teams are eliminated, the game does not impact the standings outside of which team will finish third.

The four unscheduled games, unfortunately, remained unscheduled. The return game between Cotopaxi and CNFC could have made a difference but was not on the docket by the deadline. Contrary to what I posted last week, since Cotopaxi did state on the 22nd that they resent the challenge to CNFC and it was never accepted, I awarded the point to Cotopaxi and CNFC officially forfeited. Neither can catch black mambas, who won their way into the tournament with two goals in as many minutes and beat Cotopaxi 5-3.

The other unscheduled games, all home games with Iberian Sharpshooters Football Club, impacted everything and probably saved one of the two advancing Group F teams a 1st Round birth. Sharpshooters forfeited all three games and the other teams were awarded a single point. The result, Koblenz Lions won Group F on goal differential over Greatest of all TIME, who lost their chance to win the group and grab a 1st Round bye when North Polar Dragons beat them 4-1 at North Polar's home pitch.

There were a number of tiebreakers that determined seeding but the most important was the one between Group E's La Daga Club de Fútbol and Group C's VB Hibernian since it determined the #4 seed and a bye and the #5 seed, which will start 1st Round play later this week. Both teams ended up with 11 points but La Daga held a +6 goal differential to VB's +5...so, Curran Crawley netting a goal in the 56th minute during a 3-2 loss to Cambridge Hornets gave his club an extra week or more off and one step closer to a Championship. The man should ask for a raise.
6/29/2022 7:43 AM (edited)
If there is a math error, I can't see it, so the Knockout Rounds are now set.

Officially, the 1st Round will start on June 30th (the day after the final Group Stage game) and scheduling will go through July 8th. The winner is based on aggregate goals in the two game set. In the event of an aggregate tie, the higher seed will host the lower seed in an additional game and, if that is a tie, the lower seed will then be the host and so on. The matchup will continue until we have an outright winner.

So there is no confusion as to what July 8th is the deadline for, the initial two games must be scheduled before the 8th or there will be a forfeit. As long as tiebreaker games are happening in a timely manner, there is no deadline..

Because of the US July 4th holiday, we'll see how scheduling goes. I'm not against adding a few days beyond the 8th if folks are going to be out of town or otherwise unavailable. Hopefully, that won't be an issue.

Feel free to start scheduling games at your convenience. Best of luck in trying to make the Quarterfinals.
6/28/2022 5:22 PM (edited)
The final Group Stage game was played overnight when Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi beat Canadian National Football Club 3-1.

In the Knockout results post (post #4) I'll start putting the date for each game so that everybody can know the status of scheduling. A couple of games have already been set.
6/29/2022 7:40 AM
Six out of the eight 1st Round games have already been scheduled (thank you)...July 1st thru the 5th. Only the Koblenz/Kingston matchup is left. I'll send a sitemail reminder sometime this weekend.
6/30/2022 10:06 AM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/30/2022 10:06:00 AM (view original):
Six out of the eight 1st Round games have already been scheduled (thank you)...July 1st thru the 5th. Only the Koblenz/Kingston matchup is left. I'll send a sitemail reminder sometime this weekend.
I sent challenge to Koblenz already, it will expire today. Will send another tomorrow
6/30/2022 12:17 PM
Posted by jmjtrain on 6/30/2022 12:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/30/2022 10:06:00 AM (view original):
I sent challenge to Koblenz already, it will expire today. Will send another tomorrow
I would send two more after that first one expires..something like slot 2 and then slot 5. That would cover you for the rest of the deadline period. I appreciate you posting and letting me know you have initiated a couple of challenges.

It's early. I'm sure he'll respond back.
6/30/2022 2:37 PM
I finally heard from swamp_dragon, who has entered at least one team since the beginning of the Cup way back in 2019. Hopefully, he'll be back with his stable of teams for Cup X.
6/30/2022 8:22 PM
All First Round games are now scheduled with the date of each game in the Knockout Round post on page 1. Let the playoffs begin...
7/1/2022 12:47 PM
In a fitting way to open up the FC Dynasty Cup IX knockouts, #10 the crutchanators of soccer and #7 Greatest of all TIME have the highest scoring game (by far) of the entire tournament. After a 2-2 opening half, the goalies took the rest of the day off. Six goals were scored after the 71st minute, with GOAT's Pato Arzu tallying in the 90th minute and thinking his goal had won the game.

But a corner kick taken as time expired gave Juanma Vitolo a clean look in the center of the box as he belted a header just before the final whistle blew to even the score and end the game 6-6. More than 37k crutchanators fans start seeing if they can score some away seats off of Ticketmaster for the return contest tomorrow.
7/1/2022 6:41 PM (edited)
In a less dramatic 2nd game of the playoffs, #6 Koblenz Lions picks up a road win in a tight 3-2 result over #11 FC Kingston. Kingston now finds itself in a must win situation to stay alive.
7/1/2022 8:50 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
FC Dynasty Cup IX - Fighting Ants - Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.