::::::Fight or Flight:::::: Topic

There is STILL a lot to love about WIS HOCKEY, however in my opinion, it is obviously ignored by its shepherds.

I am proposing a “FIGHT-or-FLIGHT” (FoF) League; a Goon & Enforcer theme where you PICK a Captain and if he amasses the most Penalty Minutes in the FoF Season, the Captain wins The Enforcer Trophy... and the Owner will get a Free Team (complementaries from the Hanson, Hanson & Hanson Law Firm. LOL... Me)

Build your team with your Captain (2.5 PIM PER GAME or more) and the other players must have 1.5 or more PIM per game
HOWEVER you can PICK 2 of your best non-goon performers.
(See DETAILS below)

I believe the Terms are easy and perhaps to vent and talk about what has happened OR what did NOT happen with WIS HOCKEY in the recent years.
===================

::::::::THE DETAILS:::::

Take a $125mil Salary Cap and select a Captain as your #1 ENFORCER and...

* “defend the Brand(WIS), Owners, Team(s), Players and You, after ALL this is HOCKEY, this is NOT ping pong ;-)!!!”

*as Dave “Tiger Williams” (Former NHL Enforcer) poignantly stated.

1. <Your Captain/Enforcer> must have played a full NHL season (Played 75% of its games) and at the same time must have a minimum of a 2.5 PIM-Per-Game (this way 100+ years of Goons/Enforcers can participate). Lastly your Captain must play the entire WIS season, please do not place him on the scrub list. ••••••At the end of the FoF season, the Captain that has amassed the most Penalty Minutes during the season, its Owner will get a Free WIS team (WIS gift card.) ••••••PLEASE LIST your Captain here in the forum or sitemail your Captain.
  2. <Your Skaters> SKATERS and scrubs... played a full NHL season (75% games played) and 1.5 PIM-per-game.
  3. ::::>HOWEVER: You are allowed to pick 2 skaters UNDER 1.5 PIM-per-game. For example you can select #66 and #99 or any other forwards or 2 defensemen or a combination of a forward and a defenseman. FF/DD/DF... it’s up to you, but remember ONLY 2 skaters are allowed to be under 1.5 PIM-per-game
  4. <Your Goalies> Since a lot folks can’t crack the goalie WIS mystery :::::>you will DRAFT 3 GOALIES. The 2 stipulations on your goalies are: played between 40-50% games of their season and a ::::>salary between 2,250,000 and 3,000,000.... I installed a blacklist for the goalies.. ••••The main reason for these parameters... to level the playing field. I am (and others are) frustrated that when people get the President Trophy and their goalie has the VEZINA, yet they lose in the 1st or 2nd rounds of the playoffs by a “Goalie-scrub-phenomena”which is usually a 165K goalie or a goalie that has played approx 21/84 games. >>Hence the parameters. ================

IMO since the goaltender Parameters are fair and simple... The ONLY TRADES allowed in the FoF league will be among the Goaltenders.

For Goalies to be eligible for trades, he must have played 5 FoF games( W-L-T ) or a combination of 300 minutes in the (FoF) Fight or Flight League.

Hopefully trading goalies might offer redemption for those who are stuck in the “WIS Goalie Mystery”. =====================

••••League #34697••••

The league will Allow Ties

NO Shootout

NO Injuries

NO Suspensions

NO M/L

NO Waiver Wire

NO Playoff Intensity

NO Clones
======================

IMO this is an effort to DEFEND WIS HOCKEY... because this is not ping pong! :-)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

6/26/2022 10:09 PM (edited)
My Captain is Dave “The Hammer” Schultz
(any can use Dave Schultz if you wish)

BTW My Team is “Hanson, Hanson & Hanson Law Firm”
6/10/2022 7:35 PM
GUYS: PLEASE... use the drop box and click 'PIM GER GAME' greater than or equal to 1.5 after you draft your two pearls

I know, I am not the commish.. but he needs a break cuz hasn't done many leagues

I will be there later Fri Say a,m but Josh, important site mail I sent you.. might also be in e mail
6/10/2022 8:17 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 6/10/2022 8:17:00 PM (view original):
GUYS: PLEASE... use the drop box and click 'PIM GER GAME' greater than or equal to 1.5 after you draft your two pearls

I know, I am not the commish.. but he needs a break cuz hasn't done many leagues

I will be there later Fri Say a,m but Josh, important site mail I sent you.. might also be in e mail
THE OTHER LEAGUE I STARTED was where everyone picked ONE player and at the end everyone had the same ROSTER. I created it so every was on the same playing field.

So I am at 1 for 1 and now I am hoping a 2 for 2 record.
6/10/2022 9:52 PM
LEAGUE NUMBER ? !
6/11/2022 12:45 AM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 6/11/2022 12:45:00 AM (view original):
LEAGUE NUMBER ? !
6/11/2022 1:06 AM
Verbeek is my captain
6/11/2022 9:35 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 6/11/2022 9:35:00 PM (view original):
Verbeek is my captain
Glen, I can’t say who he is yet but - A VERY SPECIAL STAR joined the FoF... I am honored that he has time to play. Cheers to him.
6/11/2022 10:57 PM
5 in so far — thanks.
6/12/2022 2:26 AM
Up to SIX now... thanks.
6/12/2022 7:13 PM
im in. I choose Aurel Joliat as my team captain.
6/12/2022 8:38 PM
Fun draft, lots of options. My captain is probert
6/12/2022 9:18 PM
Awesome, so far/ When my credit gets to me, Team 2 goes in
6/12/2022 9:46 PM
Posted by lucko on 6/12/2022 8:38:00 PM (view original):
im in. I choose Aurel Joliat as my team captain.
Lucko... much appreciated
6/12/2022 11:02 PM
Posted by Bruno421 on 6/12/2022 9:18:00 PM (view original):
Fun draft, lots of options. My captain is probert
Thanky Bruno... appreciated
6/12/2022 11:04 PM
12345 Next ▸
::::::Fight or Flight:::::: Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.