Gil,

I think what you are saying is Iow speed can be overcome by other stats. Which I agree with. No stat is an island, there’s always something else that goes into the equation. Except stamina I guess.

but, if you have a lower speed, “kinda average” every where else type of PG, his TO and your team turnovers will likely go up.

my slow teams tend to get murder by the press. That also leads me to believe that team speed (or some weighted version of it) is used in the engine in an equation before s/t/f. In my mind it’s the “does the ball get over 1/2 court” decision.
6/23/2022 8:48 AM
To OP, I take the guy who is cheaper to recruit, because there is almost no difference to me in either of the sets I run (flex-press/zone, FB/press). Very slight preference to pass in triangle. In general, I’d love to have the extra BH, but if I need the PG, the pass will take priority. Especially true in triangle. But with what I run, I am not likely to notice the difference so much to spend significantly extra to get one guy over the other.
6/23/2022 10:34 AM (edited)
Posted by shoe3 on 6/23/2022 10:34:00 AM (view original):
To OP, I take the guy who is cheaper to recruit, because there is almost no difference to me in either of the sets I run (flex-press/zone, FB/press). Very slight preference to pass in triangle. In general, I’d love to have the extra BH, but if I need the PG, the pass will take priority. Especially true in triangle. But with what I run, I am not likely to notice the difference so much to spend significantly extra to get one guy over the other.
its a TJ post, he is not actually comparing two real recruits here, its all about the theoretical exercise.
6/24/2022 11:01 AM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.