Savage VIII Rosters/Commentary Topic

Alonzo should be a late 2nd/early 3rd guy instead of a late 3rd/early 4th imo

is there really that big of a difference between him and kemp? obviously the boards but its not a huge gap and zo plays more mins
6/26/2022 11:39 PM
Posted by dBKC on 6/26/2022 9:42:00 AM (view original):
I really need to start drafting for need soon, but Nash/Wade/K Malone is super fun so far. Feel like I got BPA at all spots
loved it...nash was def bpa...i suspect many owners(including myself) were worried about being able to cover his defense in the backcourt...not a problem with wade

i also feel like i always got the best out of nash when playing next to a higher usg sg
6/26/2022 11:43 PM
Posted by dh555 on 6/26/2022 11:39:00 PM (view original):

is there really that big of a difference between him and kemp? obviously the boards but its not a huge gap and zo plays more mins
I heavily considered him in r3. It was basically between Matrix, Ewing, and Mourning. I ultimately went with Marion b/c he gave me better boards at a smaller position.

I'm about to start doing a lot of reaching.
6/27/2022 1:09 AM

eh im gonna walk that one back...kemp has more mins than i thought

6/27/2022 1:47 AM
Posted by ashamael on 6/27/2022 1:09:00 AM (view original):

I heavily considered him in r3. It was basically between Matrix, Ewing, and Mourning. I ultimately went with Marion b/c he gave me better boards at a smaller position.

I'm about to start doing a lot of reaching.
marion was a steal
6/27/2022 1:48 AM
Marion was the main guy I was considering drafting instead of Capela. He was a very good value where he was picked.
6/27/2022 8:36 AM

I was in a bit of a tight spot in the third. I really wanted Manu, but I also desperately needed a big. I had Mourning, Bam, Parish and Valanciunas on my list with 10 picks in between. I figured the odds of Manu getting picked were higher than all for of the bigs going (thought ncmusician would take him) so that is the direction I went. All 4 big guys went. Pau Gasol is fine, probably the best option in that spot, but my team is looking real ugly all of the sudden.

I think Mourning is probably mid-third material.
6/27/2022 9:27 AM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 6/27/2022 8:36:00 AM (view original):
Marion was the main guy I was considering drafting instead of Capela. He was a very good value where he was picked.
I was between Capela and Nance in the second. Capela was the right pick.
6/27/2022 9:28 AM
Capela is so good in every league
6/27/2022 11:58 AM
An apology of sorts:

I don't think people understand the ******* anxiety this league puts me through. I labor through draft decisions, and when it becomes apparent that no more picks are coming up, all of that anxiety spikes when trying to make a proxy list, particularly one seven-deep. I knew the #1 guy I'd take, but the order of 2-7 was impossible to determine at the time for me. I spent more than an hour trying to make said list anyway, freaked myself the **** out, and so sent the #1 guy I knew I'd pick over the rest. That guy was Joakim Noah. The three leading candidates in the 2-7 were Drexler, Butler, and Vucevic. All of them got picked, so even had I sent a four name list, they all would have been taken.

I woke up early - for me - to work on this before work. I saw the comment about my proxy being picked being something that could have been predicted and solved, and it sent that anxiety into overdrive. I went through the decision making process in a rush and was sure I made the wrong decision. So I finished getting ready for work to continue to think over my decision to make sure I was making the right decision. After all, this league requires $50 and hours upon hours of prep time. At least it does for me. I hate rushing (what I think of as) important decisions. It makes that anxiety even worse.

I understand that waiting on someone can be annoying; I've been there, done that, many times, in this league as often or more often than others. I won't bring up names. Ultimately, I don't care to wait. I understand that we're all eager to make our picks; this is the FUN part - or supposed to be, anyway. I understand that the majority of this world goes to bed before midnight and wakes up well before noon. I don't and probably won't ever if I remain in my current career, which I intend on doing.

I'm not posting this as an excuse. I'm not asking for an apology, for permission to continue to operate as I have, or even for understanding. I suspect that level of empathy is non-existent in some. I'm sorry that my schedule, my process, and my anxiety causes you the inconveniences that it does. I truly am. If I'm sure of a guy (or 2 or 3 guys), I'll send a proxy just like I always have. If I'm not, I won't, and I wouldn't expect anybody else to do so either.

6/27/2022 4:21 PM
You are cool with me man take a deep breath :)
6/27/2022 4:24 PM
Taking Tatum made things really weird because he can backup Kobe sometimes
6/27/2022 4:25 PM
I cannot relate to that level of anxiety about a fantasy draft, but it certainly sounds difficult. I spent roughly 3 seconds deciding who to pick last night after all my guys went and I probably spent less than 30 minutes building my teams each of the last two seasons.
6/27/2022 4:31 PM
all good ash...wouldnt have even been noticeable in previous savages...we are way ahead of schedule

6/27/2022 4:33 PM
Posted by dh555 on 6/25/2022 12:17:00 AM (view original):
feels like kind of a waste not to be playing rodman at sf but i love his fit next to bird at pf...he can switch at the 3/4 for birds weaker defensive seasons and covers his low oreb%

i have no plans to play bird at sg...i dont see any reason to force him there besides getting extra boards and rodman kinda takes care of that...bird still has elite dreb% for a sf anyway
agree with that approach
6/27/2022 5:44 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...27 Next ▸
Savage VIII Rosters/Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.