Posted by ncmusician_7 on 7/24/2022 7:43:00 PM (view original):
Also, in this nba sim league, every team has 15 players (12 can be active at one time).
https://www.whatifsports.com/nba-l/view.asp?lid=69389
Nice, is that an option for all private leagues?

What's the rules in that league?
7/24/2022 8:37 PM (edited)
Posted by savoybg on 7/24/2022 8:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ncmusician_7 on 7/24/2022 7:43:00 PM (view original):
Also, in this nba sim league, every team has 15 players (12 can be active at one time).
https://www.whatifsports.com/nba-l/view.asp?lid=69389
Nice, is that an option for all private leagues?

What's the rules in that league?
https://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=532568&page=1
7/24/2022 8:47 PM
No. It is a 2021/22 draft league where the commissioner made special arrangements with WIS so everyone could draft 15 players. We would not have been able to get enough minutes with 12 players.
7/24/2022 8:47 PM
Posted by ashamael on 6/25/2022 5:33:00 AM (view original):
More randomness is the last thing this sim needs.
Obviously no one who has the sim figured out well and wins as often as you do wants more randomness. But I see it as helping to level out the playing field a little for all of the guys who will never really have the sim figured out well and who rarely win. I think it's better for the overall state of the game here if the the winning is spread out a little more. People who never win tend to quit playing.

You're trying to spread the winning out by explaining to guys how to win, but many guys will just never quite "get it." Nobody in real life wins as much as you do, so maybe a little more randomness would not be a bad thing for the overall state of things here.
7/29/2022 9:44 AM
Many times in baseball sims I have lost one of my top pitchers for an entire playoff series. Obviously that happens in real life and it also happens in real basketball. Elgin Baylor missed most of the 1965 playoffs after being injured in game one of the West Finals. The Lakers got to the finals without him, but lost the finals to Boston....again.

Under my plan this would not be able to happen. Baylor played in 74 of 80 games, so his maximum injury would only be 3 games and that would be rare. He would most likely get a one or two game injury in addition to being done for the current game where he got hurt.

I just think that it's very unrealistic for every starter to always be able to play all 82 games and every playoff game.
7/29/2022 9:59 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by copernicus on 7/29/2022 5:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by savoybg on 7/29/2022 9:44:00 AM (view original):
Obviously no one who has the sim figured out well and wins as often as you do wants more randomness. But I see it as helping to level out the playing field a little for all of the guys who will never really have the sim figured out well and who rarely win. I think it's better for the overall state of the game here if the the winning is spread out a little more. People who never win tend to quit playing.

You're trying to spread the winning out by explaining to guys how to win, but many guys will just never quite "get it." Nobody in real life wins as much as you do, so maybe a little more randomness would not be a bad thing for the overall state of things here.
let me cut to the chase here - I play Dennis Rodman at PF and you play Muggsy Bogues at PF you should stand a chance of winning the rebound battle at that position? The good news is that you sometimes do right now but you still want more?

You understand part of the skill in the game (if there is any at all) is getting what you pay for and understanding the value thereof, right?
Absolutely, the same in real basketball and other sports, but there they have to keep dealing with things like deGrom missing the first 4 months of the season and with Willis Reed missing game 6 of the finals. Here you never have to adjust to circumstances. You pick your team, and that's about it. Maybe some slight adjustments against certain other teams, but basically the GM's job is over once he fills the 12 roster spots.

They're obviously never gonna change it if most of you guys don't want it, but I'd like to see a bigger salary cap, maybe 60 million, so can have more minutes available to cover injuries when they occur. Nobody who played big minutes and/or number of games would ever get a real long injury. There would be injury ratings like in Diamond Mind Baseball.
7/29/2022 6:01 PM
1) IRL is backwards juxtaposed to how we pay for our team - IRL Ray steps to the line and we record... in the sim we pay for Ray steps to the line and expect BUT I AM SO F-ING tired

nope - f- off, go build your own teams and good luck (IRL is the opposite of what this is)
7/29/2022 9:40 PM
maybe there should be injuries ... nobody should be able to make the inane number of absurd posts that you do without hurting something... wrist, finger, brain cells. Well, the latter has clearly happened.
8/1/2022 7:23 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by savoybg on 7/29/2022 9:44:00 AM (view original):

"People who never win tend to quit playing". That may be or may not be true. There are several longtime owners on WIS with losing records. Personal, I quit playing in the Open Leagues bc of rookies. I didnt care about clones or even the assist boost, but the rookies added an element to the game I couldn't control and I found that unacceptable. 2 owners could build the exact same team, but 1 will end up better bc they'll get better rookies. That's added randomness. That's similar to what you're suggesting. I probably wouldn't quit due to random injuries, but maybe I would. I'd probably try to work around it by never drafting a player who played less than 80 games in RL, but it could come to a point where that's boring bc of a limited player pool and maybe I'd lose interest. Injuries are a bad idea
8/7/2022 8:24 AM (edited)
on the bright side they dont do rookies anymore
8/7/2022 9:52 AM
Posted by copernicus on 8/7/2022 9:52:00 AM (view original):
on the bright side they dont do rookies anymore
I just found that out recently. Cant wait to enter my team with 4 Rodmans and 4 Stephs
8/7/2022 11:03 AM
I am in an OL where Ben pretty much already did that
8/7/2022 11:36 AM
I don't get this rookie thing. This is a sim about the past. WHY would anybody want to use random rookies?
8/7/2022 6:24 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.