Boebert says she is ‘tired’ of separation between church and state: ‘The church is supposed to direct the government’

apparently she is not all that familiar with the constitution...not that surprises me.
6/30/2022 12:25 AM
Posted by wylie715 on 6/30/2022 12:25:00 AM (view original):

Boebert says she is ‘tired’ of separation between church and state: ‘The church is supposed to direct the government’

apparently she is not all that familiar with the constitution...not that surprises me.
U got it backwards. The government should have NO meddling with the 'church' as for the believers and government.. yes we should have a voice.. but not POWER

Besides, the Cath church has more power than most people can even imagine..
6/30/2022 3:56 AM
I agree, the Catholic church (or any other religion) should have no say in how the country is run, and vice versa. If you could actually comprehend what Boebert said, she says there should not be a separation between church and state. You just said there should be. How do I have it backwards? Boebert said it, not me.
6/30/2022 1:49 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 6/30/2022 1:49:00 PM (view original):
I agree, the Catholic church (or any other religion) should have no say in how the country is run, and vice versa. If you could actually comprehend what Boebert said, she says there should not be a separation between church and state. You just said there should be. How do I have it backwards? Boebert said it, not me.
Sometimes I misread stuff.. I know I am the only guy here who has that problem..

Back to church and state

This is not really written in legalese.. so far as I know

Government should not meddle with the Church, and the idea of a state religion just bothers me. A lot, as it opens the door for tyranny, because not all under the 'umbrella' are truly sold out to serving God and in such a capacity, serving the country. What a concept!

I do believe that the legal system and criminal code should reflect the values in God's word. They give a standard that is totally just and will never change. Man made doctrines and values change every decade..

Man is flawed, by nature. Once he gets in POWER, he often seeks to control others, rather than serve them. Such is the nature of the beast

Would anyone in their right mind want Kenneth Copeland calling the shots? for eg?

Where the church - state deal is seriously flawed is when some pea brained Senator thinks he can ORDER a Judge to remove the ten Commandments from his lawn in front of the office.. This is insanity and is what communism and Marxism does. It muzzles those who have a different p.o.v. Such dictators should be immediately removed from POWER

I just hope it's not too late for America, because if it falls, there will be no freedom left anywhere in this world.

7/1/2022 6:20 AM (edited)
Personally I don't care if a judge (or anyone else) has a list of the ten commandments on his lawn. The commandments are a decent guide for what is moral. Just out of curiosity, let's see how many Trump has broken.

Ten Commandments list & meaning

1. You shall have no other gods before Me. IMO he has broken this one. i think trump considers himself a aGod
  2. You shall make no idols. Trump idolizes himself and money and power. Another one broken.
  3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain. Don't know if he has broken this one but I wouldn't be surprised
  4. Keep the Sabbath day holy. I think he plays golf a lot on the Sabbath. Another one broken
  5. Honor your father and your mother. Don't know how Donald feels about his parents. He doesn't seem to care for the rest of his family
  6. You shall not murder.. as far as I know, he has never murdered anyone, but he probably would if he thought he could get away with it.
  7. You shall not commit adultery. Ha! We know he broke this one several times
  8. You shall not steal. Broke this one too
  9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. He has broken this one
  10. You shall not covet. He covets money and power. Broke this one too.
As far as I can see, he has broken 7 of them, at the least. Not bad
7/1/2022 3:04 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 7/1/2022 3:04:00 PM (view original):
Personally I don't care if a judge (or anyone else) has a list of the ten commandments on his lawn. The commandments are a decent guide for what is moral. Just out of curiosity, let's see how many Trump has broken.

Ten Commandments list & meaning

1. You shall have no other gods before Me. IMO he has broken this one. i think trump considers himself a aGod
  2. You shall make no idols. Trump idolizes himself and money and power. Another one broken.
  3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain. Don't know if he has broken this one but I wouldn't be surprised
  4. Keep the Sabbath day holy. I think he plays golf a lot on the Sabbath. Another one broken
  5. Honor your father and your mother. Don't know how Donald feels about his parents. He doesn't seem to care for the rest of his family
  6. You shall not murder.. as far as I know, he has never murdered anyone, but he probably would if he thought he could get away with it.
  7. You shall not commit adultery. Ha! We know he broke this one several times
  8. You shall not steal. Broke this one too
  9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. He has broken this one
  10. You shall not covet. He covets money and power. Broke this one too.
As far as I can see, he has broken 7 of them, at the least. Not bad
He is like you. He has broken them all. Cuz if you break just one, you are guilty of all.

Why are you so obsessed with the man? This is just.. childish. Do I go on and on trashing on Biden?? I don't.. ok the odd comment but it is wasting time.. and I would never vote him over Donald T

All MANKIND has sinned, and fallen short of the Glory of God.. You might think you are the exception.. but you know better

and just for the record; I am not so certain Donald T is truly born again. He DOES exalt himself.. and I never said he isn't flawed in some areas.

Idolatry? Man, we made idols of Elvis, the Beatles, Gretzky, Orr, Jimmy Hendrix, and the list goes on for 3 blocks

I got a new definition for U. TRUMPO-PHOBE You racist, you monster

7/1/2022 4:44 PM (edited)
when did I ever say I had never sinned? I am not obsessed with Trump. If anything, you are, and in the wrong way. You may not go on and on trashing Biden, although you certainly have done so. I don't "trash" Donald Trump. Everything I have ever said about him is true.
So, I am racist and a monster because I don't like a man who constantly lies, cheats,tried to get his idiot followers to subvert democracy, makes fun of the mentally handicapped, cares about no one but himself and has made sexist remarks about his own daughter? If that makes me racist and a monster, then so be it.
And explain to me how if I am guilty of taking the Lord's name in vain ( I will admit to that one) I am guilty of murder. I don't see the connection.
7/2/2022 12:22 AM
settle down. don you know that the old testament been replaced by the new

ask forgiveness is all you gotta do

ABSOLVED

7/2/2022 2:31 AM
settle down. don you know the Old Testament is supported and fulfilled (completed) by the new

believe and ask forgiveness is all you gotta do

ABSOLVED
7/2/2022 7:32 AM
Posted by DougOut on 7/2/2022 7:32:00 AM (view original):
settle down. don you know the Old Testament is supported and fulfilled (completed) by the new

believe and ask forgiveness is all you gotta do

ABSOLVED
you are an american so you are entitled to your opinion. Anything that would have a zero chance of being proven in a court or any other place is then your unsubstantiated opinion. Nothing more. So your opinion is your faith your hope.

The people with your blind faith and blind loyalty to the current GOP are very very dangerous because you would support breaking down the wall separating your religion from the political states from local to state and federal.

To me you are a symbol of the religious junkies who are so unpatriotic and so disrespectful of other’s rights or needs in a democracy.
7/2/2022 10:19 AM
if anyone should seek forgiveness it is the current supporters of Trump and the extreme Republican Party that cheats and cheats and is not morally decent enough to care about democracy and quite frankly doesn’t give a rat’s *** about democracy except for Cheney and Kezinger and to a lesser extent Romney.
The rest are a combination of cowards and really sick mentally ill people many of which are actual white nationalists and Qanon believers.

So the GOP which still supports a literally evil man who did try and overthrow the government by various conspiracies and violence and supporting the murder of the VP and is incredibly immoral and amoral that it won’t even want to sunshine what happened owes most of us - maybe not you - an apology for the evil they have wrought upon this nation - which is of the people(all the people) and by the people and for the people - without regard to religious or ethnic or racial or party affiliation.

The GOP is in a war on our principles and institution in broad daylight and either you are for the constitution and our democratic republic or you are a republican.
7/2/2022 10:58 AM
On Fox News the mentally ill pillow man is selling an absolution diploma.
For the rock bottom price of $19.98 you get a beautiful linen paper with gold embroidery that says that you are absolved of all sins past and present and future
by Jerry Falwell Jr as inspired by the holy spirit of God and
If you call now you will receive for free a Trump 24 campaign button.
Call now. We are waiting to take your phone call.
God bless you.

all proceeds go to the Donald Trump defense fund.
7/2/2022 11:09 AM (edited)

7/2/2022 11:09 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.