Bad Beats in Recruiting Odds Topic

fregoe - how much time does it take you each day to manage so many teams?
10/2/2023 9:07 AM
its really not that hard to manage 10 teams. i dont know how people can only handle 1 or 2 the game isnt very in depth
10/2/2023 2:16 PM
Posted by R0pey on 10/2/2023 2:16:00 PM (view original):
its really not that hard to manage 10 teams. i dont know how people can only handle 1 or 2 the game isnt very in depth
I've got no idea how anyone does that many teams. The game isn't in depth but I'll forget to schedule, scout/recruit starting 20 mins before the first cycle hits, and forget to gameplan for some big games. That's coming from someone who largely autopilots the seasons too. Mostly though, I realize I'm someone who needs to feel connected to their teams. Once I get too many teams, I notice I start to not care about any of them. I think 3 is a sweet spot for me with 2 in 2x/day worlds.
10/3/2023 1:09 PM
Posted by trail on 10/2/2023 9:07:00 AM (view original):
fregoe - how much time does it take you each day to manage so many teams?
I mostly run fb/press. so that helps. I give each team a once-over early in the morning and later again towards the end of the day. When worlds roll, I spend time setting up the team for the season. Practice plans. Player game plans etc. Most of my time is spent on recruiting and scouting. Most days around lunch time I pick a team and really dive into the decisions I have made and make adjustments. If my team is projected to make the tournament I give it a little extra TLC.
10/5/2023 11:34 AM
Posted by upsetcity on 10/3/2023 1:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by R0pey on 10/2/2023 2:16:00 PM (view original):
I've got no idea how anyone does that many teams. The game isn't in depth but I'll forget to schedule, scout/recruit starting 20 mins before the first cycle hits, and forget to gameplan for some big games. That's coming from someone who largely autopilots the seasons too. Mostly though, I realize I'm someone who needs to feel connected to their teams. Once I get too many teams, I notice I start to not care about any of them. I think 3 is a sweet spot for me with 2 in 2x/day worlds.
this is where i'm at. even if the extra 15 mins per day only edges out an extra 1-5% win probability, that's more fun to me than 80/20'ing each game-plan. i have 2 teams rn but generally prefer having just one so i can pretend that is the one 'true' world ;)
10/5/2023 11:43 AM
When I returned about a year ago, I decided I would live in low-end D1 and try just to dominate those conferences. That didn't last long as I took the Coppin St team in Tark, and I have been the one getting dominated. This is one fo the best conferences in all of HD. However, I have had some decent success in the low-end conf, with a few hiccups. I did Decide to take some low-prestige teams in high prestige confs in Virg Tech, WVU, and Clemson to see what I could do with fb/press and **** recruits. While on paper, they don't look prosperous, My game plans have been, and Clemson is an NT team this season, and Virg Tech probably will be next season. WVU has ten underclassmen and will probably make a run at it in the next two seasons. So now, to keep things interesting, I took over a stacked Hawaii team and will try a few things there. Coppin St(the team I care about the most and have done the worst job with), Vermont(season 4 roster build set of long-term success), Bucknell(back on track), Gonzaga, SD St(season 2 total rebuild) I will probably stay at forever. My only rule when it comes to schools, If Mich, FL, SU jobs ever open I will apply to them regardless of the school I would be leaving.
10/5/2023 11:55 AM (edited)
Hawaii 142 Eugenio Mancini 76 24 fav arkansas
Coppin St 202 Thomas Lytle 76 24 fav Michigan
Bucknell 143 Chris Bedford 64 36 underdog Bucknell
Coppin St 202 Lewis Broughton 61 39 Fav Coppin st
Baylor 143 Joseph Livingston 32 18 Fav OK St 4 -way
Baylor 143 Sam Slaton 43 15 Fav Tex AM 3way
West Virginia 143 Lowell Etherton 72 28 Fav WVU
Clemson 141 Robert Cole 68 32 underdgog Clemson
West Virginia 143 John Conroy 74 26 Fav UNC
Vermont 183 Lloyd Davies 74 26 Underdog Vermont
10/5/2023 5:34 PM
Big time recruiting win for Vermont. On the very first cycle of signings too. WOW
10/5/2023 5:45 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9
Bad Beats in Recruiting Odds Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.