ODL commentary Topic

Since nobody else has made yet I will
8/5/2022 12:11 PM
Any thoughts so far on the draft? Any reaches or steals?
8/5/2022 12:11 PM
David Robinson seems to be slowly dropping every year. Arguably I reached with Harden. Kind of high for Ben Wallace though he's always gone by the 6th pick of the second anyways. Barkley bounces back after sliding last year.

I don't think there are any really unusual names left on the board for this point of the draft.
8/5/2022 12:30 PM
Posted by raggedclaws on 8/5/2022 12:30:00 PM (view original):
David Robinson seems to be slowly dropping every year. Arguably I reached with Harden. Kind of high for Ben Wallace though he's always gone by the 6th pick of the second anyways. Barkley bounces back after sliding last year.

I don't think there are any really unusual names left on the board for this point of the draft.
I was hoping to pair Ben Wallace with harden oh well.
8/5/2022 12:34 PM
I prefered Wallace to deandre Jordan just because of how many fts Jordan misses
8/5/2022 12:34 PM
Oh by the way, as a fellow yinzer (grew up in South Hills) - love the username
8/5/2022 12:35 PM
difference between Robinson and either of those guys is rebounds +/- clean usage with goodish efg but too expensive?
8/5/2022 12:48 PM
I hadn't planned to take Robinson, because I never imagined he'd be there at 22. Was targeting DeAndre Jordan, but once he went, decided to take a swing at the guy who has been drafted at 17,14,15 the past three drafts. We'll see. He's pricey, but hopefully I'll figure it out.
8/5/2022 12:58 PM (edited)
Posted by copernicus on 8/5/2022 12:48:00 PM (view original):
difference between Robinson and either of those guys is rebounds +/- clean usage with goodish efg but too expensive?
Those are pretty much my thoughts. It's nice that Robinson does a little of everything, and a lot of defense and blocking shots, but he's so damn expensive.

Downsides - price, only 4 points of usage, mostly plays the 5. Needs supplemental rebounding
Pros - he can play a ton of minutes and does everything, fairly cleanly. Truly contributes everywhere

I think he's a high floor low ceiling guy at the price but he's good enough someone could make it work
8/5/2022 1:00 PM
I think that's right but at 22 he's definite steal
8/5/2022 1:23 PM
He is never there when I am at 22.
8/5/2022 1:27 PM
when you take Lebron you get all the things - it is just +++++ checking all the boxes and you move on to the next round and can go any which way you want - Lebron creates no gaps that you must address with the rest of your draft (as long as you are not an idiot who intends to play him in the front court)

when you take Wilt you get most of the things except.... gaps, position flexibility, and at this cap $$$$$$

when you take Steph you get really good things but also, actually a ton of gaps (just ok at D, asg et al) that then must be addressed with later picks

draft philosophy - please discuss
8/5/2022 2:22 PM
Posted by copernicus on 8/5/2022 2:23:00 PM (view original):
when you take Lebron you get all the things - it is just +++++ checking all the boxes and you move on to the next round and can go any which way you want - Lebron creates no gaps that you must address with the rest of your draft (as long as you are not an idiot who intends to play him in the front court)

when you take Wilt you get most of the things except.... gaps, position flexibility, and at this cap $$$$$$

when you take Steph you get really good things but also, actually a ton of gaps (just ok at D, asg et al) that then must be addressed with later picks

draft philosophy - please discuss
That was my reason for taking Bird where I did. Even though his eFG could be a touch higher and his threes could be a bit more prolific it is still very similar to Bron.
8/5/2022 2:31 PM
yes, he does tick some boxes
8/5/2022 2:53 PM
I’m sorry, but could someone tell me what a yinzer is?
8/5/2022 4:04 PM
1|2|3...9 Next ▸
ODL commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.