Shohei Ohtani... Community feedback needed Topic

Admin is lazy or broke or both. For once I would like a good reason for not implementing a player being able to pitch and play in the field.

Would it really be an overhaul of the system? Lazy
2/20/2023 8:19 PM
Admin is lazy or broke or both. For once I would like a good reason for not implementing a player being able to pitch and play in the field.

Would it really be an overhaul of the system? Lazy
2/20/2023 8:20 PM
There is no point to having an Ohtani that hits like a anemic pitcher.
7/27/2023 8:16 AM
I have just drafted 2022 Ohtani the Pitcher in a theme league that has a DH, so I wouldn't get his bat unless I'd also drafted him as a hitter. But I have noticed a few odd things:

1) In the Team Stats, his 2022 hitting season shows up with all my other hitters (but of course he's not available to hit nonetheless)
2) In Advanced Settings, when you go down to the pitchers, his hitting stats show up there, too.
3) He has no fielding ratings at all at P. One league member who used him said he made 13 errors with a .410 Fld% for him. I've looked at his performance history for all his seasons and he has been quite awful fielding across the board.

So this leads to a few questions:

1) If we didn't have a DH in this league, would he hit like actual 2022 Ohtani or not? That league member said he hit .219/.298/.398 in an $80M league for him, which is way better than "anemic" but nowhere near what Ohtani's stats would indicate. So how exactly is he coded to hit?
2) Is he really going to be an abhorrent fielder? Why can't he have a rating there like any other pitcher? Isn't that an easy fix?
3) If he's really treated as two separate players, why do we see his real hitting stats as if he's going to hit based on those?
1/7/2024 1:31 PM
the hitting stats for all pitchers show up on the stats page so that's not unusual. also doesn't seem unreasonable at all for 2022 Ohtani to put up those numbers in what was likely fewer than 100 PAs against mostly deadballers. strikes me as highly unlikely they messed with his hitting ability.

the fielding thing definitely sounds like a glitch though I would send a ticket about that,
1/7/2024 2:34 PM
I sent in a ticket for the fielding issue. I believe this is now fixed.
1/16/2024 5:30 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 123
Shohei Ohtani... Community feedback needed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.