FC Dynasty Cup X - Merchiston FC - Champion Topic

Interesting results this morning as the standings tighten. kangaroo fc grabs its first tournament win in Group E as it takes down Iberian Sharpshooters Football Club 2-1 on the road. That leaves three teams within 1 point of the lead and last place Rushmore FC has only played a single game. black mambas out of Group F knocks Lowestoft FC from the unbeatens with a 4-3 road win in a back and forth game that finally went in favor of mambas through Christian Clough's goal in the 71st minute, leaving three teams within three points.

In the only other morning game, the crutchanators of soccer and butterfiles united played to a 2-2 draw when butterfiles scored twice in the last 13 minutes to gain their first point of the tournament. Unfortunately, the draw virtually eliminates butterfiles as they would have to make up a 12 goal differential in their last two games and get a lot of help.

Pablan Mendez from La Daga Club de Fútbol still leads the early Golden Toe standings with 6 goals.
10/28/2022 10:33 AM
Thank you for doing this gomiami. My league is a wasteland with no other owners, so this is the only true competition that I have. And your running commentary makes it all worthwhile!
10/28/2022 11:00 AM
Posted by EJP on 10/28/2022 11:00:00 AM (view original):
Thank you for doing this gomiami. My league is a wasteland with no other owners, so this is the only true competition that I have. And your running commentary makes it all worthwhile!
You are very welcome. My dutch team under my usf_bulls ID is the same way...I am the only human, so I completely understand. Most of the worlds I have been in have been pretty empty.

The one notable exception was World 85. It's an island of life in the middle of the dead sea.
10/28/2022 8:29 PM (edited)
In the only pm game, Kobelco United Football Club and La Daga Club de Fútbol produced one of the rarest scorelines in FC Dynasty Cup tournament history...no goals, no bookings and no substitutions.

The 0-0 tie prevents La Daga from clinching a birth but moves them within a point of getting into a tiebreaker situation. Kobelco sits with 4 points and is within easy enough striking distance of the crutchanators of soccer. A good team is going to get eliminated out of Group B when the stage is concluded.
10/28/2022 8:15 PM
Seven games this morning and all of them with Knockout Round implications. Might take me a few to record all of them in the standings.
10/29/2022 8:21 AM
OK, so here's the morning action and there was a lot of it.

In Group A, The Shield of the Cow and VB Hibernian played to a 2-2 tie at the Cow Palace. Hibernian is still three points clear of The Cow and it is looking likely that these are the two teams that transfer to the Knockouts. The Cow has a couple of games in hand, making the Hibernian's final game (home against The Cow) critical if it wants to win the group.

Kobelco United Football Club won its Group B game at home against the crutchanators of soccer 3-1, leveling both teams at 7 points apiece. crutchanators has a 1 goal differential but Kobelco has a game in hand. The La Daga Club de Fútbol/ Kobelco game will probably determine which one of these three teams is going home.

FC Cackalacky had its opening contest in Group D and promptly won it 2-1 on the road against group leader Merchiston FC. Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi also picked up its first win with a tough 4-3 home win against Real TK. The game was tied 3-3 until this tournament's best name so far, Cotopaxi's Jannigje-Dirks Slot, unleashed the winning shot in the 76th minute. With so many games left, every squad is alive...or potentially dead, since they all appear to be evenly matched.

Group E had a pair of games that did nothing to settle the transfer spots. All four teams are within two points with half of the group stage games played. kangaroo fc and Iberian Sharpshooters Football Club played to a 3-3 draw when kangaroo's Andrey Prerovsky found himself wide open after a corner kick late in the 2nd half to split the points. Rushmore FC then won a close 2-1 contest with Space Olympics, where all three goals were scored in the 1st half. The Sharpshooters lead the group with a whopping 5 points.

Finally, FC Kingston avoided elimination by thumping black mambas at home 7-4 thanks, in part, to Quong Ikeda's three goals. Ikeda reaches 6 goals, which temporarily places him in a tie for the Golden Toe. Kingston is probably playing spoiler and will need to thump Lowestoft FC in their final Group F game...and then pray.

Not a single Knockout Round spot has been clinched yet. That's gotta give pretty soon.
10/29/2022 9:30 AM (edited)
I second the appreciation of doing this league with all of the work involved and commentary and analysis. My league is stacked, so getting one championship ever is tough, but it keeps all of us on our toes. Really appreciate the tourney and sorry to my opponents that I scheduled so many Exhibitions before the tourney, we just rolled over so I wanted to see if I had the team set up correctly.
10/29/2022 3:18 PM
Why in the world did my game vs Real TK play 3 times. Very odd.
10/29/2022 5:41 PM
Posted by indiansrck27 on 10/29/2022 5:41:00 PM (view original):
Why in the world did my game vs Real TK play 3 times. Very odd.
It's a bug in the program. Duuude told me one game a couple of cups ago was duplicated five times. Now that's a good way to clog up the exhibition schedule.

At least you won all three...
10/29/2022 7:15 PM
The final huge scheduling night of the Group Stage finally results in the first Knockout Round birth and our first elimination. Futbol Club Oviedo out of Group F clinches a playoff spot with its 3-2 road win against Lowestoft FC. Julio Schwegler's goal on the last play of the game not only sends Oviedo to the next round but also keeps FC Kingston's slim playoff hopes alive.

In the other groups, Shoals Soccer Club and Swamp City Dragons split their home and away in Group C, with each home team getting the job done. Shoals is now an Aurea Cruce Aquilonis loss away (or their own win) from moving on in the tournament. The Dragons are showing some vulnerability and the return game against Aquilonis might seal both team's fate.

Group A had a pair of contests, with The Shield of the Cow easing away from VB Hibernian in Hibernian's final group stage game for a 5-2 win. The Cow now takes over the Group A lead by virtue of a tiebreaker and Hibernian is locked in at 10 points. Mohamed Saylor becomes the third player to record six goals to sit tied atop the L'Orteil D'or. Also, Swampdragons beats F.C. Baltimore Blue 3-2, despite a goal from Wilhelmus-Adrianus van der Sloot, whose name is so long it does not fit on the back of his jersey. The loss eliminates Blue from the competition.

Real TK temporarily regains a transfer spot out of Group D when it beat FC Cackalacky at home 4-2. TK only has four points...with Cackalacky and Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi sitting at three points and both have games in hand.

Additional transfer spots are on the line tomorrow as we enter the final four days of scheduling for the Group Stage. So far, the schedule goes out through November 5th.
10/29/2022 8:53 PM (edited)
A correction to the post above is in order. FC Kingston out of Group F has been mathematically eliminated. Since Lowestoft FC and black mambas still have a matchup left, one of those teams will get to a minimum of seven points. Kingston, even with a win in its final game, can gather no more than six.
10/30/2022 6:43 AM (edited)
Posted by clememp on 10/29/2022 3:18:00 PM (view original):
I second the appreciation of doing this league with all of the work involved and commentary and analysis. My league is stacked, so getting one championship ever is tough, but it keeps all of us on our toes. Really appreciate the tourney and sorry to my opponents that I scheduled so many Exhibitions before the tourney, we just rolled over so I wanted to see if I had the team set up correctly.
It's good to have FC Cackalacky back in the Cup.

I saw your exhibition schedule when the tourney started. Oh well, lol.
10/30/2022 12:31 AM
The 10/30 morning games saw an upset that allows for a team in a must win situation to stay alive. butterfiles united picks up its first win of the tournament with a 2-1 road victory over Kobelco United Football Club. For butterfiles, they avoid elimination and still have a path to the Knockout Round. They must beat the crutchanators of soccer, then have La Daga Club de Fútbol beat Kobelco, all while making up a nine goal differential. The other three teams in Group B have much easier paths but all four are alive with two games remaining.

Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi drew closer to the Group D lead when they took down group leader Merchiston FC 3-2 at home. Merchiston could have cemented its hold on first place but now looks to be in a bit of trouble as Cotopaxi is only one point behind and FC Cackalacky has four more Group Stage games to play. Even Real TK is within striking distance, as Merchiston could finish in first place or last place.

Finally, Iberian Sharpshooters Football Club and Rushmore FC played to a 3-3 tie out of a Group E and kangaroo fc takes the temporary group lead with a nice 2-1 home win over Space Olympics when roos midfielder Seriozhenka Rosich scored the game winner right before halftime. All four teams are within three points, every team has a win, a loss and at least one tie and the goal differentials spread from a whopping +1 to -1.

There is one lone evening game, a Group C matchup between Swamp City Dragons and Aurea Cruce Aquilonis.
10/30/2022 10:10 AM (edited)
In the lone pm game, Swamp City Dragons eliminates Aurea Cruce Aquilonis from the tournament with a 1-0 home victory in Group C. Midfielder Edel Springer scored in the 78th minute to break the scoreless tie in an evenly contested match. Because of all of the games that golf_yeah has in hand, Shoals Soccer Club and Dragons, despite currently being five points clear in the standings, have not punched their ticket to the next round.
10/30/2022 8:19 PM
Swampdragons haven't received a challenge from Baltimore
10/31/2022 1:09 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...9 Next ▸
FC Dynasty Cup X - Merchiston FC - Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.