FC Dynasty Cup X - Merchiston FC - Champion Topic

lol, I updated the standings and forgot to post the write-up.

Swampdragons becomes the 11th team to clinch a playoff berth as they take care of business in their final Group A game by beating F.C. Baltimore Blue 2-0.

The dragons win sets up a must see game between The Shield of the Cow and Blue. If The Cow wins, they take Group A, grab a First Round bye and VB Hibernian is eliminated. If The Cow and Blue tie, Swampdragons wins Group A, The Cow finishes in 2nd place and Hibernian is eliminated. If Blue wins, then either a coin flip will determine the 2nd place team or Hibernian advances outright and The Cow is eliminated.
11/3/2022 8:53 PM (edited)
Shoals Soccer Club's bid to win the #1 seed is at 1pm today (CST.) If they tie golf_yeah, they'll still earn a First Round bye but will be slotted as either the #2 or 3 seed depending on the results of the last Group Stage game tomorrow. A Shoals loss will drop them to the #7 seed.
11/4/2022 2:47 PM (edited)
Congratulations to Shoals Soccer Club, who fell behind 2-1 against golf_yeah but then rallied with three unanswered goals, all by Shoals' vaunted Japanese veterans, to claim a 4-2 victory and the #1 seed in the Knockout Rounds. The game relegates Swamp City Dragons to 2nd place in Group C and the #7 seed. A lot of the other seeds will need to wait until the last Group Stage game is played tomorrow.

Even if you know who you are playing in the First round, don't start scheduling games yet. The green light to schedule first round games will come tomorrow night after the final playoff spot from Group A is determined..
11/4/2022 2:59 PM (edited)
The final Group Stage game of FC Dynasty Cup X went official a few minutes ago with some high drama and anxious moments for both The Shield of the Cow and VB Hibernian. A back and forth game between The Cow and F.C. Baltimore Blue looked as if it was going to go Hibernian's way when Blue midfielder Adarius Bucher put them ahead in the 77th minute 4-3...but The Cow reached deep and forced a corner late. That set up veteran defender Arij Simon to knock a header in the back of the net, saving The Cow from elimination. The 4-4 tie was just enough to have The Cow finish with 11 points and grab 2nd place in Group A. Had that goal not been scored, Hibernian would have won the tiebreaker based on goals scored. In the event, Hibernian is eliminated by the slimmest of margins.

I'll re-check all of the stats and make it official this evening but it looks like the Knockouts will have the following seedings:

#1 - Shoals Soccer Club (15pts.)
#2 - Futbol Club Oviedo (13pts +6)
#3 - Rushmore FC (13pts +4)
#4 - Swampdragons (12pts.)

#5 - Merchiston FC (10pts +6)
#6 - Kobelco United Football Club (10pts +4)
#7 - Swamp City Dragons (2nd pl 12pts.)
#8 - The Shield of the Cow (2nd pl 11pts.)
#9 - the crutchanators of soccer (2nd pl 10pts +3)
#10 - Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi (2nd pl 10pts 0)
#11 - Lowestoft FC (2nd pl 9pts.)
#12 - Space Olympics (2nd pl 7pts.)

Congrats to all of the teams that have advanced and, to everyone else, that was an excellent Group Stage... my compliments.
11/5/2022 2:42 PM (edited)
Good luck to everyone going forward. I look forward to participating in Dynasty Cup XI with the hope of making it out of the group stage.
11/5/2022 8:26 PM
If there is an error in the Group tables, I can't find them so the playoff seeds are set. The top four get a First Round bye so they can relax and prepare for the Quarterfinals. For everybody else, the playoffs officially start on the 7th, although please feel free to start scheduling now. Each series will be a home and away. Aggregate goals will decide each matchup. If there is an aggregate tie, we'll play a sudden death with the higher seed hosting the lower seed. If that game ties, the lower seed then becomes the home team...and we'll keep playing until we have a winner.

As the games start to be scheduled, I will post the game date on the Knockout Round page in [brackets.] The timeframe for scheduling games runs through the 15th but there's some flexibility for a series that is going into multiple sudden death overtimes. Good luck.
11/5/2022 9:02 PM
Revealing myself to be someone who's never yet advanced- until now. Does that mean that 5 through 12 schedule 7 homes and 7 aways to match each team twice?
11/6/2022 12:39 PM
Posted by colinhtucker on 11/6/2022 12:39:00 PM (view original):
Revealing myself to be someone who's never yet advanced- until now. Does that mean that 5 through 12 schedule 7 homes and 7 aways to match each team twice?
I'll answer the question using your team as a specific example.

Merchiston FC and Space Olympics are playing an exclusive head-to-head, 2-game elimination series to determine which team will advance to play #4 Swampdragons in the Quarterfinals. You get one home game and Olympics gets one. The winner is based on aggregate goals, so if you lose 1-2 at Olympics and then beat Olympics 3-1 at home, you would advance 4-3 on aggregate.
11/6/2022 1:12 PM
Alright then- thank you! Although advancing is little consolation. Swamp and I face off every season for the title in World 90 Scotland. Literally comes down to the head to heads that we nearly always split, and then two or three tiebreakers to crown a champ. Yikes.
11/6/2022 5:17 PM
Posted by colinhtucker on 11/6/2022 5:17:00 PM (view original):
Alright then- thank you! Although advancing is little consolation. Swamp and I face off every season for the title in World 90 Scotland. Literally comes down to the head to heads that we nearly always split, and then two or three tiebreakers to crown a champ. Yikes.
I do my best to separate same world teams in the Group Stage. Once the playoffs begin, you're on your own...
11/7/2022 9:14 AM
5 out of the 8 First Round games have been scheduled with play beginning on the 9th, including both legs of #7Swamp City Dragons and #10Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi series. The dates for each game are on Post #4 (Knockout Results) in red lettering, so you can't miss it.
11/7/2022 9:22 AM
All First Round games have been scheduled. The action starts tomorrow.
11/8/2022 6:13 PM
The opening Knockout game has gone final and it settled absolutely nothing.

Swamp City Dragons and Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi fought each other to a 3-3 tie in the 7/10 seed matchup. Cotopaxi started strong, amassing a 2-0 lead as forward Sceley Ballouchy opened the scoring in the 9th minute. Swamp City then dominated the next 40 minutes to go ahead 3-2 until Ballouchy knocked in another goal to end the scoring at 3 apiece.

If anything, the advantage swings slightly to Cotopaxi, who gets home field advantage in the 2nd leg...which happens to be later today.
11/9/2022 9:05 AM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 11/9/2022 9:05:00 AM (view original):

Swamp City Dragons and Club de Fútbol Deportivo Cotopaxi fought each other to a 3-3 tie in the 7/10 seed matchup. Cotopaxi started strong, amassing a 2-0 lead as forward Sceley Ballouchy opened the scoring in the 9th minute. Swamp City then dominated the next 40 minutes to go ahead 3-2 until Ballouchy knocked in another goal to end the scoring at 3 apiece.

If anything, the advantage swings slightly to Cotopaxi, who gets home field advantage in the 2nd leg...which happens to be later today.
Just realized Swamp City and Cotopaxi played in Finals in FCD AWT VI
11/9/2022 1:17 PM
Posted by swampdragonz on 11/9/2022 1:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 11/9/2022 9:05:00 AM (view original):

Just realized Swamp City and Cotopaxi played in Finals in FCD AWT VI
Yeah, from finals to round of 16 matchup...but in game time that quite a number of seasons apart.

lol, I need to ask duuude to rename that thread to FC Dynasty Cup VI...
11/9/2022 1:39 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
FC Dynasty Cup X - Merchiston FC - Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.