FC Dynasty Cup X - Merchiston FC - Champion Topic

Congrats Colin! That was a very close game.

Thanks so much for running a fantastic tournament gomiami! You rock!!
12/6/2022 11:51 AM
Congrats colin. Well done
12/6/2022 10:22 PM
Thanks again, gomiami for a great tournament. I'm already looking forward to the next one in my never ending quest to make it out of the group stage.
12/7/2022 11:50 AM
Finally worked up the courage to look. Wow that was close. Only took something like 90 seasons- a very patent fan base. Thanks all, and way especially gomiami. WIS is missing a diamond in the rough with FCD, but they'd have to hire on gomiami as a contractor to make it work. Let's do it again sometime soon!
12/7/2022 1:34 PM
This will be the final FC Dynasty Cup X post, officially ending the tournament. I wanted to give the Champ an opportunity to post before I announced the results of the 3rd Place game and officially close FC Dynasty Cup X. Congratulations again to colin and Merchiston FC, the new Überteam for the next couple of months

The Shield of the Cow takes the bronze medal in the 3rd Place game when they jumped out to an early 2-0 lead against Swamp City Dragons and never relinquished it. The score got up to 4-1 before the Dragons fought back. However, any hopes for the home side to grab a share of the medals ended in extra time when The Cow's Alceu Alvaro scored at the 90 +2 mark to seal a 5-3 win and give pre-tournament #1 seed at least a little bit of consolation. Since there seems to be interest in scheduling the 3rd Place games, I'm going to start adding them to the Record Book. The stats still won't count towards the L'Orteil D'or or the W/L records but 3rd Place in a tourney this tough deserves preservation.

I hope everyone enjoyed the competition. With 24 teams from 15 worlds participating, the Cup once again went smoothly and without drama - other than the drama created by the action on the pitch. You all take the tournament and scheduling to heart and you all make the tournament what it is, not me. Seriously. I just help it move along. Feel free to continue posting tournament comments here on this thread or sitemail me with comments that I can post on your behalf. Coach input about tourney improvements are also welcome. Adding sudden death games to replace the coin flip was from direct user input. So, suggest away. As usual, I'm always grateful for accolades.

I will be updating the historical records thread over the next week or so with the new data from this championship. Based on the way the calendar looks, the sign-up phase for FC Dynasty Cup XI will begin, I don't know, let's say the end of January with play to begin somewhere in February. If I am having a hard time reaching some of you by sitemail, I may send your team a challenge from my ID. When you see that challenge, that'll be a reminder that signups for the next tourney are underway. In the meantime, enjoy your individual worlds. Please pass the word to fellow FC Dynasty coaches that may not know what we do here.

So, until next time, when a new set of teams spanning the FC Dynasty universe get together to contest for the ultimate prize - the FC Dynasty Cup!

Signing out. Until next time.
12/7/2022 5:05 PM
Thanks again, gomiami! As always, I loved every minute of it. Looking forward to XI!
12/10/2022 1:00 AM
Oh, man I am so excited if I can get my current roster into a Champions League tourney, they are going to win my 2nd World 79 Division 1 championship with three games left to go as the next two teams, the Crutchanators of Soccer and the Polar Dragons play tonight in an elimination game for one of them and if they tie, both.
1/19/2023 7:31 PM
Posted by clememp on 1/19/2023 7:31:00 PM (view original):
Oh, man I am so excited if I can get my current roster into a Champions League tourney, they are going to win my 2nd World 79 Division 1 championship with three games left to go as the next two teams, the Crutchanators of Soccer and the Polar Dragons play tonight in an elimination game for one of them and if they tie, both.
By all means hit me up for Exhibition Games! FC Cackalcky world 79 UA
1/24/2023 8:29 PM
Posted by jeffdrayer on 12/10/2022 1:00:00 AM (view original):
Thanks again, gomiami! As always, I loved every minute of it. Looking forward to XI!
Swamp City Dragons (sd69) Canada W-64
Burnaby Hillbillies (sd39) Canada W-91
Swampdragons (swamp_dragon) Scotland W-90
Would like to put their names in for FC Dynasty Cup XI
1/28/2023 7:41 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9
FC Dynasty Cup X - Merchiston FC - Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.