Decade Draft League (DDL) 35--50's & 60's--need 1! Topic

where we stand? Im IN

12/7/2022 7:51 PM
Well we have had a lot of owners drop out because of the drama and not sure this one is gonna get off the ground. It’s a shame we couldn’t get a compromise. I would have loved to done this decade. I don’t care what anybody says—-I know for a fact that the 2010’s was having trouble filling, it was my 1st season in DDL, and I only agreed to play so I could get an inside track on decades such as this one.

There always needs to be a clock for every round. I bet anything if Redbooda had of picked a couple days ago the draft would have continued and these other owners wouldn’t have dropped out. I do hope he’s ok. Milest who was running the decade non draft theme hasn’t been heard from since September.
12/7/2022 8:22 PM
What drama?
12/7/2022 9:15 PM
The drama where some jerk who wasn’t even playing in the 50s/60s theme decided to chime in and vote on whether we should even be playing that decade(s) after we were almost already done with the 1st round of the draft. ;)
12/7/2022 10:14 PM
That "jerk" known here as Ouchdamn WAS playing in the DDL 35 league. He is also the same user that used to be known as smokey57, who if you read the first post on page one, is none other than the DDL FOUNDER! Yeah dude, this league that has had 34 seasons was HIS idea and baby! He was trying to save HIS league!

I made a promise to him, that if savoybg was kicked out of this league, I would happily come back as commissioner and run things. Now that I see that savoybg's posts are all gone, I am gussing that the guy who runs this site, Adam Lorenz, or one of his associates got my sitemail and blocked savoybg from this thread and maybe more. FEELS SO GOOD! Ding dong, the wicked ***** is dead!

I am going to ask everyone who has left if they would still come back now that there is once again STABILITY. I've already got the draft set up. If we can get some of the guys who left this league BECAUSE of savoy want to come back and they can replace savoy and maybe redbooda if we continue to not hear from him. If you guys who dropped are still checking this, you can post your intentions here or just reply to my sitemail which I will be sending after I finish this post. I personally don't have a problem with BenJoker or riftonapple, who although he wrote me a very insulting sitemail, I feel badly for putting him in a very untenable situation to begin with. I don't mind if they stay. I just hope Ouchdamn/smokey will be OK with that. Although if he has left the site like he said, and I hope he did NOT, I guess it might not matter. Anyways, let me know what you guys would like to do.
12/8/2022 2:14 AM
Adam suspended ouch. He's not gonna suspend me. ouch is the one who prompted all of this, not me. The Draft was proceeding fine after amerk took his ball and went home until ouch came on trying to ban people and dictate who can make comments about what, and calling people names.
12/8/2022 2:39 AM
PS - I removed most of my posts myself so as not to be part of this farce anymore. I agree with ouch on one thing. What kind of commissioner quits a league right in the middle of a draft?

By the way, do you still want Herschel Walker as president like you told me in an SM a few months ago?

12/8/2022 2:42 AM
I want to continue with DDL 50s/60s decades....

I am a basketball historian - and LOVE the two old antiquated decades.
Sorry for those who cant draft LeBron or MJ or Steph... (lol)

Whoever is Commissioner: Please re-canvas owners about interest -
and take the necessary steps to replace uninterested owners and or restart the draft

where are we currently ?
12/8/2022 10:22 AM
Just in case count me in if this starts up again.
12/8/2022 12:18 PM
OK guys, looks like most of you are still in! BenJoker is the only one who got back to my SM who said he is out. He is obviously still upset about the whole thing and intimated that he won't be in any of my leagues anymore. Other than that, everyone was pretty forgiving/understanding. I still haven't heard anything from Ouchdamn and that sitemail is not accepting sitemails. Not sure if that is because of the 24 hour ban or that he cancelled that username. He is welcome if I hear from him.

If not, we'd have to replace him, BenJoker, savoy of course and redbooda (unless I hear from him and he assures me that he is in and will be following the proceedings.

Since I have already set up the league, we'll keep the draft order and plug in new owners as we get replacements, starting with the highest draft spot and going down. I'll keep everyone updated via sitemails
12/8/2022 7:58 PM
Redbooda picked Nate Thurmond on some thread somewhere. He came out of nowhere.
12/8/2022 9:44 PM
Yes, redbooda picked Nate Thurmond and Morph21 had already picked Wes Unseld not knowing we were still waiting on redbooda. Whomever is replacing ouchdamn is up
12/8/2022 10:08 PM
i could take a 2nd team
12/9/2022 8:31 AM
OK guys, DON'T GO ANYWHERE!!! I am working on it...got a new guy named OG76 to agree to sign up. I'm going to ask him if he wants Elgin Baylor or if he wants to make his own pick later in the round. In other words, if he wants to replace BenJoker or savoybg.

We need at least TWO more owners....to replace smokey/Ouchdamn and one to replace savoybg. Morphy said he would take a 2nd team, which we may have to do just to get rolling again. And who did savoy pick for my 2nd team? I DOUBT I will take it, but I'm just interested in knowing and I don't want to go back thru the thread because I think that pick got erased when I blocked savoy. If we can get one more new sign up, I think we'll be ready to go!
12/11/2022 1:20 AM
I think savoy picked a certain Boston Celtic for my 2nd team in round one....that's why I am going to take Bill Bridges
12/11/2022 1:48 AM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14|15...37 Next ▸
Decade Draft League (DDL) 35--50's & 60's--need 1! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.