Conservatives will LITERALLY just... lie... Topic

Let's talk about the Paul Pelosi attack. I'm not as much concerned with the attack itself. Dude was so crazy he didn't realize that Pelosi would be in Congress WHILE Congress was in session. Here's what I am concerned about. After the attack, a bunch of conservative influencers just MADE UP the idea that Pelosi's husband and the attacker were in a gay relationship. Just... made it up, with essentially zero evidence. And conservatives went with it! This is now the overwhelming, mainstream conservative narrative.

How are so-called "free thinkers" this stupid and gullible? They can get you to believe ANYTHING.

The "evidence" is so flimsy.
  • "Pelosi called him a 'friend'" - He was using coded language on the phone because a schizo guy was attacking him
  • "Where's the security footage" - Obviously they're not going to release security footage of the home that was just attacked because you don't want potential future attackers to get more information on where cameras are and the layout of the home. Use your brain.
  • "Where was the private security" - Pelosi's private security follows her, not her home. She was in DC. Use your brain.
  • "It was a break out not a break in" - DePape himself says he broke in with a hammer.
  • "They were in underwear" - Just a lie. DePape was wearing all black; we don't know what Pelosi was wearing.
NO ONE thinks this was a gay quarrel situation. The police say so. The FBI says so. DePape himself has confirmed the official story. So how the **** did so many of you fall for what is CLEARLY AND OBVIOUSLY a lie??? How can you trust people who think that you are so stupid?

Whatever. The story will disappear in 2 weeks and yall will go back to believing the same people all over again. We're doomed.
11/2/2022 11:39 AM
Inb4 the whataboutism. No one is going to address the central point. Maybe Doug will post a random article from his conservative websites that make all the claims I debunked without realizing the irony. LNF is going to say he hasn't heard of the attack and then use whataboutism or justify the attack. We're doomed.
11/2/2022 11:40 AM
And while we're here - can anyone give me a reason why bail should be determined by cash and not how dangerous a person actually is? Shouldn't judges be the ones making these decisions? Why should how wealthy a defendant is determine whether they are released?

Ending cash bail is good, actually. It reduces crime. You can try to find examples of people released on bail committing more crimes, which does happen. It happens everywhere. If you're rich, you can get out. I think it should be based on how dangerous a judge thinks you are. Maybe that's just me.
11/2/2022 11:44 AM
Posted by tangplay on 11/2/2022 11:40:00 AM (view original):
Inb4 the whataboutism. No one is going to address the central point. Maybe Doug will post a random article from his conservative websites that make all the claims I debunked without realizing the irony. LNF is going to say he hasn't heard of the attack and then use whataboutism or justify the attack. We're doomed.
A good rule of thumb is that if a conservative says it, it's probably a lie.
If the conservative media publishes it, it's almost certainly a lie.
And if Trump himself has weighed in, it is 100% a lie.
11/2/2022 11:57 AM
Posted by tangplay on 11/2/2022 11:39:00 AM (view original):
Let's talk about the Paul Pelosi attack. I'm not as much concerned with the attack itself. Dude was so crazy he didn't realize that Pelosi would be in Congress WHILE Congress was in session. Here's what I am concerned about. After the attack, a bunch of conservative influencers just MADE UP the idea that Pelosi's husband and the attacker were in a gay relationship. Just... made it up, with essentially zero evidence. And conservatives went with it! This is now the overwhelming, mainstream conservative narrative.

How are so-called "free thinkers" this stupid and gullible? They can get you to believe ANYTHING.

The "evidence" is so flimsy.
  • "Pelosi called him a 'friend'" - He was using coded language on the phone because a schizo guy was attacking him
  • "Where's the security footage" - Obviously they're not going to release security footage of the home that was just attacked because you don't want potential future attackers to get more information on where cameras are and the layout of the home. Use your brain.
  • "Where was the private security" - Pelosi's private security follows her, not her home. She was in DC. Use your brain.
  • "It was a break out not a break in" - DePape himself says he broke in with a hammer.
  • "They were in underwear" - Just a lie. DePape was wearing all black; we don't know what Pelosi was wearing.
NO ONE thinks this was a gay quarrel situation. The police say so. The FBI says so. DePape himself has confirmed the official story. So how the **** did so many of you fall for what is CLEARLY AND OBVIOUSLY a lie??? How can you trust people who think that you are so stupid?

Whatever. The story will disappear in 2 weeks and yall will go back to believing the same people all over again. We're doomed.
I can't find that story anywhere.
11/2/2022 12:56 PM
What story, Doug? That conservatives are saying the attack was a gay lovers quarrel?
11/2/2022 2:05 PM
I haven't heard it. Where are you hearing this?
11/2/2022 3:33 PM
Sure doug! I searched for articles of the story on your favorite conservative news sites, Patriot Post and Red State. Here's a couple of articles on the subject, all alleging the obvious lies.

https://patriotpost.us/articles/92471-fake-news-falsely-pins-pelosi-attack-on-the-right-2022-10-31
https://patriotpost.us/videos/92472-paul-pelosi-and-that-man-have-some-explaining-to-do-2022-10-31
https://redstate.com/jeffc/2022/10/29/there-are-some-serious-questions-about-the-assault-on-paul-pelosi-heres-what-we-know-so-far-n651020

There's also dozens of influential conservative activists on social media who made the claim, including Donald Trump himself. I know you're lying. You know you're lying. Cut the bullshit
11/2/2022 4:12 PM
Also, I forgot one of the claims - that the dude was a pro-BLM democrat. He clearly was a hippie druggie guy who got lured in by the conspiracies on the right and people like Tulsi Gabbard and then ended up becoming a Trumper who spewed conspiracies and Q nonsense. There's a reason why he attacked PELOSI.

Sounds vaguely like guitarguy, actually.
11/2/2022 4:14 PM
Posted by tangplay on 11/2/2022 4:12:00 PM (view original):
Sure doug! I searched for articles of the story on your favorite conservative news sites, Patriot Post and Red State. Here's a couple of articles on the subject, all alleging the obvious lies.

https://patriotpost.us/articles/92471-fake-news-falsely-pins-pelosi-attack-on-the-right-2022-10-31
https://patriotpost.us/videos/92472-paul-pelosi-and-that-man-have-some-explaining-to-do-2022-10-31
https://redstate.com/jeffc/2022/10/29/there-are-some-serious-questions-about-the-assault-on-paul-pelosi-heres-what-we-know-so-far-n651020

There's also dozens of influential conservative activists on social media who made the claim, including Donald Trump himself. I know you're lying. You know you're lying. Cut the bullshit
This looks horrible. Let me show you how to do it properly.
11/2/2022 4:17 PM

OCTOBER 31, 2022

Paul Pelosi and ‘That Man’ Have Some Explaining to Do!

The story of the alleged home invader who attacked Nancy Pelosi’s husband gets more and more complex as time progresses.

LEFTMEDIA / DOUGLAS ANDREWS

Fake News Falsely Pins Pelosi Attack on the Right

There are many unanswered questions surrounding the attack, but that hasn’t stopped the mainstream media from jumping to ridiculous conclusions.

There Are Some Serious Questions About the Assault on Paul Pelosi. Here’s What We Know so Far
Jeff Charles

11/2/2022 4:30 PM
America's right wing has one goal: total control of US government (and by extension, the US population). Lying, gerrymandering, assaulting election workers, spreading misinformation, denying election results, taking voting rights away from legitimate citizens...it's all in play for them if it advances their totalitarian, fascist agenda.
11/2/2022 4:32 PM
Have you informed the FBI of the situation? I would if I were you.
11/2/2022 4:48 PM
Posted by contrarian23 on 11/2/2022 4:32:00 PM (view original):
America's right wing has one goal: total control of US government (and by extension, the US population). Lying, gerrymandering, assaulting election workers, spreading misinformation, denying election results, taking voting rights away from legitimate citizens...it's all in play for them if it advances their totalitarian, fascist agenda.
Biden lied. He said he would unify the country. The US is now more divided than in over 100 years. He also said that summer 2022 was no inflation when it was actually 8%. He also said when he took office that gas was $4 a gallon.. it was $2.49. The left lies like Route 66

As for this attack on the right wing.. You are in total darkness
11/2/2022 4:52 PM
Posted by DougOut on 11/2/2022 4:30:00 PM (view original):

OCTOBER 31, 2022

Paul Pelosi and ‘That Man’ Have Some Explaining to Do!

The story of the alleged home invader who attacked Nancy Pelosi’s husband gets more and more complex as time progresses.

LEFTMEDIA / DOUGLAS ANDREWS

Fake News Falsely Pins Pelosi Attack on the Right

There are many unanswered questions surrounding the attack, but that hasn’t stopped the mainstream media from jumping to ridiculous conclusions.

There Are Some Serious Questions About the Assault on Paul Pelosi. Here’s What We Know so Far
Jeff Charles

******* liar. I have no time for your bullshit. I genuinely despise people like you more and more.
11/2/2022 5:35 PM
1234 Next ▸
Conservatives will LITERALLY just... lie... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.