Am I allowed to be concerned? Topic

Posted by tangplay on 12/12/2022 4:07:00 PM (view original):
I disagree. There are many reasonable people who aren't so poisoned by conspiracy that they can be influenced by reality. GG isn't one of those people.
I cannot believe you would insist that conspiracies don't exist. I will give you one, and the conspiracy is more of a mindset. The Leftists agenda aka leftism has convinced, or seeks to convince the masses that America is a racist country. IN fact, it is the least racist country in history, possibly second to Canada. The country is predominantly white, yet is the only predominantly white country in history to elect a black president. Yet these folks preach this hateful lie. They are NOT interested in your well being, and they HATE America

Clarence Thomas grew up in stark poverty, (Yes he is black) and he is now a judge on the USSCT. Tell him America is racist..

Leftists are preoccupied with racism, the rightist has said 'I care less what color you are, I am interested in what your values are' and I am one of them

The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen. and Leftism destroys everything good with re to the US way of life. That is not just a conspiracy, but a fact

Leftists: The enemy within. Not Biden, he can be replaced with Liz Warren, or any one of a hundred others.. Leftism is destroying your freedoms and your way of life. I only wish you would open your eyes and not see this.. but you are one of them, therefore brainwashed

30 years ago, I drove from Vancouver to Seattle (2 hours incl border time) parked and flew to NYC.. returned a week later.. Total time spent dealing with customs and gov't officials.. maybe 15 minutes.. Today. I can't do it because no Vaxx p port., no normal passport (now needed to get into the US) and then there are the new hoops to go through. I stay North of 49 because I don't need the hassle

Our freedoms are eroded.. and the culprit is leftism. No conspiracy though

MERRY CHRISTMAS to U all
12/13/2022 7:22 PM (edited)
"I stay North of 49 because I don't need the hassle"

Wonderful news! And one of the very few times that unintended consequences provides a benefit!
Merry Christmas to you, also. Be a good neighbor please. Stop hollerin' cross the fence!
12/13/2022 3:21 PM
Posted by Aldershot on 12/13/2022 3:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 12/12/2022 4:07:00 PM (view original):
I disagree. There are many reasonable people who aren't so poisoned by conspiracy that they can be influenced by reality. GG isn't one of those people.
I cannot believe you would insist that conspiracies don't exist. I will give you one, and the conspiracy is more of a mindset. The Leftistd aka leftism has convinced, or seeks to convince the masses that America is a racist country. IN fact, it is the least racist country in history, possibly second to Canada. The country is predominantly white, yet is the only predominantly white country in history to elect a black president. Yet these folks preach this hateful lie. They are NOT interested in your well being, and they HATE America

Clarence Thomas grew up in stark poverty, (Yes he is black) and he is now a judge on the USSCT. Tell him America is racist..

Leftists are preoccupied with racism, the rightist has saidI 'I care less what color you are' and I am one of them

The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen. and Leftism destroys everything good with re to the US way of life. That is not just a conspiracy, but a fact

Leftists: The enemy within. Not Biden, he can be replaced with Liz Warren, or any one of a hundred others.. Leftism is destroying your freedoms and your way of life. I only wish you would open your eyes and not see this.. but you are one of them, therefore brainwashed

30 years ago, I drove from Vancouver to Seattle (2 hours incl border time) parked and flew to NYS.. returned a week later.. Total time spent dealing with customs and gov't officials.. maybe 15 minutes.. Today. I can't do it because no Vaxx p port., no normal passport (now needed to get into the US) and then there are the new hoops to go through. I stay North of 49 because I don't need the hassle

Our freedoms are eroded.. and the culprit is leftism. No conspiracy though

MERRY CHRISTMAS to U all

Finally, someone with some sense around here! Bravo, I agree with every word!

Anyone curious about why leftists do and believe the things they do should read up on the psychological concept of projection. Jung was brilliant btw. (Which, as a side point, is one of my biggest objections to the philosophy of leftism: it simply doesn't produce great men or men of genius. It is a levelling philosophy - simple as that. It is a philosophy made for mediocre souls that can't stand distinction of any type - because these mediocre souls deep down know that they are mediocre. And so they preach "equity" but what they really mean is "none shall be above me, for my pride and/or group narcissism can't stand it."

The left has its claim on unfinished intellectuals (and what else does our shoddy education system produce but unfinished, ideologically-conditioned intellectuals and self-important midwits). I've never read a man of genius that espouses far leftism.

I do, however, have a great taste in my mouth right now, 8 hours of reading Schopenhauer will do that :). He critiques Hegelians in the same way I critique leftists. History doesn't repeat, but patterns do.
12/13/2022 4:07 PM (edited)
Posted by laramiebob on 12/13/2022 3:21:00 PM (view original):
"I stay North of 49 because I don't need the hassle"

Wonderful news! And one of the very few times that unintended consequences provides a benefit!
Merry Christmas to you, also. Be a good neighbor please. Stop hollerin' cross the fence!
sounds like you are having a good day.. as for that 'fence' I never put it there. However if it sounds like hollering, then that's on me for how I put things

Thou shalt love thy neighbor, as thyself
12/13/2022 7:16 PM (edited)
I am actually. It IS good to see you back and well. Good fences make good neighbors!

But stiles are real cool.

Hope you have an enlightened new year.
It WOULD be good to see you join the brave, the free, and the actually knowledgeable.
READ books.
Start with Abbey, Chuck Bowden, Willa Cather, Pete Decker, ............. that was A - D off the top of me old head.
trust me. It'll be well worth your time and effort.
You'll thank me later.
Merry Christmas!

Peace is closer than you imagine.
12/13/2022 4:33 PM

Finally, someone with some sense around here!

From the man who called LNF stupid multiple times, now says he has sense

Aldershot=lostnfound

It's so cool how gg will ignore actual reality and just post philosophical ramblings with no basis and that mean very little. Break it down and he's saying nothing.

Say a lot with a little. Don't say a little with a lot.

12/13/2022 5:14 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by laramiebob on 12/13/2022 4:33:00 PM (view original):
I am actually. It IS good to see you back and well. Good fences make good neighbors!

It WOULD be good to see you join the brave, the free, and the actually knowledgeable.
READ books.
Start with Abbey, Chuck Bowden, Willa Cather, Pete Decker, ............. that was A - D off the top of me old head.
You'll thank me later.
Merry Christmas!

Not to pick at you; but the one book that leads us to truth and deep understanding is the same one you seem to scoff at, and have never read.

and I am Lost.. and Found
12/13/2022 7:18 PM
Wrong again. I've read it.
Grew up being read it.

And you are very wrong (again) IF you believe that to be the only book that will bring you truth and understanding..............
Perhaps that's why you are so intellectually "challenged"............you only read one book.
Over and over.

And, apparently, just ignore the many contradictions and impossible "truths" found therein.
You found a tiny glimmer of truth and think you've exhausted the limits of obtainable enlightenment.
How short-sighted and arrogant of you to think you found ALL the truth.
12/13/2022 10:03 PM
Posted by Aldershot on 12/13/2022 7:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 12/13/2022 4:33:00 PM (view original):

READ books.
You'll thank me later.
Merry Christmas!

Not to pick at you; but the one book that leads us to truth and deep understanding is the same one you seem to scoff at, and have never read.

and I am Lost.. and Found
Yes indeedy
12/14/2022 5:35 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 12/13/2022 10:03:00 PM (view original):
Wrong again. I've read it.
Grew up being read it.

And you are very wrong (again) IF you believe that to be the only book that will bring you truth and understanding..............
Perhaps that's why you are so intellectually "challenged"............you only read one book.
Over and over.

And, apparently, just ignore the many contradictions and impossible "truths" found therein.
You found a tiny glimmer of truth and think you've exhausted the limits of obtainable enlightenment.
How short-sighted and arrogant of you to think you found ALL the truth.
Where did I claim to have found all truth?

Moron, bigot, racist, arrogant: (Words the left uses to try to intimidate the righties)

Amyways, rather than fight with you. You have read it, so you must be familiar with John 3:16. Do you not believe God gave his only Son as a ransom for your soul? Do you not believe that Jesus Christ is God, incarnate?

Just asking
12/14/2022 5:40 PM (edited)
Let's lay out a couple of premises
  1. The idea that gay and trans people are grooming children into a cult of gay-ness that at best ultimately harms them and corrupts them with liberal/woke propaganda, and at worst is used for pedophilic means, is essentially accepted in GOP circles
  2. Many conservatives have been moving towards the idea that gay and trans people existing around children is evidence of grooming - LibsofTikTok on Twitter consistently posts videos of teachers who say they are gay, calls them groomers, and attempts to get them fired. The idea that every time a gay or trans person shows up in pop culture or media, it's 'grooming' to some conservatives is further evidence of this trend
  3. Most people agree that groomers and pedophiles should be locked up at best and killed at worst
  4. In the aftermath of the shooting in Colorado, a significant wing of conservative influencers have responded by essentially saying, "this is what happens when degeneracy runs wild, and it will continue to happen until they stop grooming children (read: existing), and here's a list of places that condone and support grooming children, but also violence is bad [wink].
  5. Independently of all of this, the mainstream GOP has openly embraced anti-democratic attitudes and election denialism. This is evident in most things they've done over the past two years, but most obviously, they're explicitly traded ideas with VICTOR ORBAN and invited him to CPAC.

With all of these premises being laid out, is it not at least within the realm of possibility that in the near future, some GOP-dominated states will attempt to execute some form of widespread cultural genocide against gay and trans people, likely involving conversion camps [re-education camps] in a similar vein to the Uyghur genocide in China and a wide ban of LGBT representation in education and media?

It's just incredibly obvious to me that this is the direction some states are heading in, and I don't think I should be called crazy or just as bad for pointing it out. I don't know what is to be done about this problem, but I do believe it's where we are headed.

Joe Biden Claims Gay People Are Kicked Out of Restaurants

Biden is being criticized for suggesting that homosexual Americans being expelled from restaurants is a widespread occurrence in 2022.

CULTURE / DAVID HARSANYI

Why the Redefinition of the Word ‘Woman’ Matters

It’s one thing to be considerate and another to be bullied into an alternative reality. But that’s where we are right now.

Lesbian Filmmaker Faces Three Years in Prison for Saying Men Can't Be Lesbians
Bonchie

Court rules in favor of trans Connecticut boys beating girls in track
JAZZ SHAW 10:01 AM on December 17, 2022

Chait: The left's refusal to allow discussion of medicalizing trans children is dangerous
JOHN SEXTON 8:40 PM on December 15, 2022

NEWS & POLITICS
'Non-Binary' Sam Brinton Helped Craft Policy That Tells Schools to Hide Children's Gender Changes From
Parents

CULTURE
Why Are so Many College Students Saying They're Gay?
BY ROBERT SPENCER, DEC 16, 2022

12/17/2022 5:59 PM
From the Harsanyi article:

"not only do the sexes have immutable physiological differences, down to their genetic matter, but they observe, act, and think differently as well".

That kind of summarizes the issue IMO.

If a biological female feels like she observes, acts, and thinks more like a male than a female then wouldn't it be accurate to say she identifies as a man?

The purpose of language and definitions is to aid in meaningful dialog. At one time a ****** was a cigarette, but today that word is a derogatory term for homosexuals. If you were having a dialogue with someone and they used that word, it is unlikely you would assume they were talking about a cigarette.

In Old English, 'awe' referred to “fear, terror or dread”. This later morphed into a solemn or reverential wonder, and 'awful' and 'awesome' were synonymous with awe-inspiring. Later, 'awful' took on a solely negative connotation, and the word found its modern-day usage to mean extremely bad.

So in the same way as the above example, if you were very impressed with, say a concert, and told your friend that the show was awful, meaning awe-inspiring, he would incorrectly think you meant very bad, because that's the modern definition of awful.

Myriad used to mean exactly 10,000 of something, now it just means "a lot".

When a person identifies as the opposite gender what do we think they mean by that assertion?
Obviously a male that identifies as a female doesn't mean they believe they have a vagina. Right? So what DO they mean?

If we desire to better understand each other, wouldn't that force us to re-examine our current definition?

If we demand that female and woman have the same exact definition, then aren't they redundant and less useful for dialog?

Again, going back to the male that feels like a woman, we can hopefully agree that he isn't talking about his biological sex.

Can't we be okay with "female" being defined as biological sex and "woman" being defined more in line with "gender roles"?

Wouldn't those differing definitions better assist dialog?
12/17/2022 7:31 PM (edited)
Words have meaning. One way to win an argument or change the culture is to redefine or expand the definition of the words we use. And to do it quickly in as short a period of time as possible with the assistance of government, the media and the institutions of education. Gotta get those kids. That's key.

I just read a story about a transgender man who identifies as a dog. Do a quick search and see all the men and women who identify as a dog or a cat or a wolf or whatever. Then there's the woman who married a dolphin. Where's the line? Where's the line between "I'm a man attracted to other men" vs I'm a woman who wants to have sex with a fish? Where's the line between an abnormal behavior and mental illness?
12/17/2022 7:44 PM
I've already established this line, doug. One is socially based and one is biologically based. You can identify with some things and not with others. I identify as a Democrat. I can't identify as a 75 year old. We already recognize this.

But there is no "chromosome and genital" definition. It never exited. Gender and sex are not the same thing, regardless of the oversimplications we're taught when we are five years old. There is no biological reason why men wear suits and women wear dresses. Cultures throughout time and place have changed and reformed gender roles. But there have always been two dominant sexes with variation (intersex, abnormalities, etc.)
12/17/2022 8:14 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Am I allowed to be concerned? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.