Am I allowed to be concerned? Topic

Let's lay out a couple of premises
  1. The idea that gay and trans people are grooming children into a cult of gay-ness that at best ultimately harms them and corrupts them with liberal/woke propaganda, and at worst is used for pedophilic means, is essentially accepted in GOP circles
  2. Many conservatives have been moving towards the idea that gay and trans people existing around children is evidence of grooming - LibsofTikTok on Twitter consistently posts videos of teachers who say they are gay, calls them groomers, and attempts to get them fired. The idea that every time a gay or trans person shows up in pop culture or media, it's 'grooming' to some conservatives is further evidence of this trend
  3. Most people agree that groomers and pedophiles should be locked up at best and killed at worst
  4. In the aftermath of the shooting in Colorado, a significant wing of conservative influencers have responded by essentially saying, "this is what happens when degeneracy runs wild, and it will continue to happen until they stop grooming children (read: existing), and here's a list of places that condone and support grooming children, but also violence is bad [wink].
  5. Independently of all of this, the mainstream GOP has openly embraced anti-democratic attitudes and election denialism. This is evident in most things they've done over the past two years, but most obviously, they're explicitly traded ideas with VICTOR ORBAN and invited him to CPAC.

With all of these premises being laid out, is it not at least within the realm of possibility that in the near future, some GOP-dominated states will attempt to execute some form of widespread cultural genocide against gay and trans people, likely involving conversion camps [re-education camps] in a similar vein to the Uyghur genocide in China and a wide ban of LGBT representation in education and media?

It's just incredibly obvious to me that this is the direction some states are heading in, and I don't think I should be called crazy or just as bad for pointing it out. I don't know what is to be done about this problem, but I do believe it's where we are headed.
11/27/2022 4:18 AM
Are left wing, BLM, Defund the Police folks also responsible for violence against law enforcement and inciting riots across the country, because of THEIR rhetoric?
Or is that just a one way street?
11/27/2022 12:01 PM
you are allowed to be concerned

you are allowed to be unconcerned

get rid of point 5

stick to your point
11/27/2022 1:09 PM
"wide spread cultural genocide against gay and trans people"

weasel words

pin yo bad self down
11/27/2022 1:19 PM
Posted by bruceleefan on 11/27/2022 12:01:00 PM (view original):
Are left wing, BLM, Defund the Police folks also responsible for violence against law enforcement and inciting riots across the country, because of THEIR rhetoric?
1. Whataboutism. Thanks for not engaging with the point.
2. Yeah, kinda. Especially the people saying ACAB might be, on some level, responsible for violence against police. The overall protest movement was overwhelmingly peaceful and mostly asking for reforms to police that don't involve violence, so your analogy breaks down, but to some extent, violence and riots were an expected outcome.
11/27/2022 1:33 PM
Posted by TwoBuckChuck on 11/27/2022 1:19:00 PM (view original):
"wide spread cultural genocide against gay and trans people"

weasel words

pin yo bad self down
1. Mass re-education camps to detransition transgender people
2. Mass and mandatory conversion therapy for gay people
3. Attempts to criminalize homosexuality (although that window might be closing)
4. Attempts to ban or remove references to LGBT people in media
5. Firing of gay and trans teachers, potential criminal code for "grooming"
11/27/2022 1:35 PM
so you are sayin usa is to china as gays are to uyghurs

mass

quit using that word
11/27/2022 1:49 PM
Not even close to comparable, if you give it even a moment’s thought. If you don’t see that, then I truly feel sorry for you for how much your brain has been warped by RW rhetoric.
11/27/2022 3:06 PM
Posted by contrarian23 on 11/27/2022 3:06:00 PM (view original):
Not even close to comparable, if you give it even a moment’s thought. If you don’t see that, then I truly feel sorry for you for how much your brain has been warped by RW rhetoric.
You lefties always resort to insults when you don't have an arguement. So juvenile

BLM are anarchists.. and imo terrorists. Defund the police folks are just plain STUPID

I feel sorry for you countra' for how much your brain has been washed by left wing rhetoric
11/28/2022 4:40 AM
You lefties always resort to insults when you don't have an arguement. So juvenile

1. Irony... it's so damned ironic.
2. Learn to spell argument.
11/28/2022 7:48 AM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 11/28/2022 4:40:00 AM (view original):

BLM are anarchists.. and imo terrorists. Defund the police folks are just plain STUPID

I feel sorry for you countra' for how much your brain has been washed by left wing rhetoric
do you know what opinion means? Just because it is your opinion, that does not mean it is true, as I have told you many times. I guess you just can't get that through your head. I don't understand why...seems to be a lot of open space in there.
11/28/2022 3:57 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 11/28/2022 3:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lostnfound74 on 11/28/2022 4:40:00 AM (view original):

do you know what opinion means? Just because it is your opinion, that does not mean it is true, as I have told you many times. I guess you just can't get that through your head. I don't understand why...seems to be a lot of open space in there.
not a biggie
11/29/2022 10:28 AM
your head is not a biggie?
11/29/2022 3:39 PM
Too bad the media stopped caring about that shooting once it came out the gunman(gunthem) was an unhinged nonbinary fruitcake lefty.

speaking of unhinged, Tang this is by far your most unhinged, detached-from-reality take.

The power of the media to force a narrative everyone.
12/8/2022 9:15 AM
he's back.....
and if you ask me, the canuck is the most unhinged, detached from reality take.
12/8/2022 2:24 PM
123456 Next ▸
Am I allowed to be concerned? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.