Am I allowed to be concerned? Topic

Posted by Guitarguy567 on 12/8/2022 9:15:00 AM (view original):
Too bad the media stopped caring about that shooting once it came out the gunman(gunthem) was an unhinged nonbinary fruitcake lefty.

speaking of unhinged, Tang this is by far your most unhinged, detached-from-reality take.

The power of the media to force a narrative everyone.
You are a perfect example of what I'm talking about given that you literally just repeat whatever you've been told by the conservative reddit forums you frequent.

A great example of this is parroting the lie than the gunman is a lefty, which isn't true at all. The nonbinary stuff emerged after the shooting. He's trying to avoid a hate crime charge. But it doesn't matter to you.

Also, you didn't know who Paul Whelan is until two days ago
12/9/2022 3:09 PM
I really love that not a single person has been able to disprove or challenge a SINGLE thing I said. You know I'm right. I think deep down, GG would be ok with mass re education camps for trans people. I really do.
12/9/2022 3:11 PM
who cares what GG would be okay with? Not me.
12/9/2022 3:23 PM
JOURNALISTS RUSH TO SCENE OF SHOOTING TO DETERMINE WHETHER IT'S POLITICALLY USEFUL
U.S.· Nov 23, 2022 · BabylonBee.com

LOS ANGELES, CA — Several news crews raced to the scene of a reported shooting this morning to determine whether details of the shooting might prove politically useful or not.

"I'm Dana Stormcloud with ABC 7 News, and I'm here at the scene of a horrific mass shooting that took place right on this street corner," said one reporter. "Wait--I'm getting reports that the shooter was an illegal immigrant. Ok, never mind! Pack it up, people! Nothing to see here!"

News crews quickly left the scene of the crime, only to slam their brakes and rush back to the scene after reports that the illegal immigrant was a Trump supporter.

"Many in the community are wondering whether Donald Trump's inflammatory rhetoric could have led to this unthinkable slaughter," said Dake Thimblesatch, a local reporter for CBS. "Oh wait-- I'm just now hearing that the shooter was transgender. Never mind then! False alarm, everybody!"

Sources say news organizations are trying to do a better job of getting details of terrible crimes before they send out news crews in order to avoid wasting time on crimes that don't serve their narrative.

At publishing time, news crews rushed back to the scene once again after new details revealed the illegal immigrant, Trump-supporting, trans shooter was also a climate change denier.

12/9/2022 3:23 PM

A retired Navy SEAL who became famous nearly 10 years ago after coming out as transgender announced he is detransitioning and called on Americans to "wake up" about how transgender health services are hurting children.

"Everything you see on CNN with my face, do not even believe a word of it," Chris Beck, formerly known as Kristin Beck, told conservative influencer Robby Starbuck in an interview published earlier this month. "Everything that happened to me for the last 10 years destroyed my life. I destroyed my life. I'm not a victim. I did this to myself, but I had help."

"I take full responsibility," he continued. "I went on CNN and everything else, and that’s why I’m here right now. I’m trying to correct that."

Beck gained notoriety in 2013 when he spoke with CNN’s Anderson Cooper about transitioning to a woman.

12/11/2022 6:59 PM
Transgender treatments have lower regret rates than the vast majority of surgeries or medications.

Should one example of someone who regrets back surgery be used as an argument to ban back surgery?
12/11/2022 9:55 PM
caveat emptor, capitalist
12/11/2022 9:59 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
did you say retarded? Finally something we can agree on....Oh, retired...never mind.
12/12/2022 1:30 AM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 12/11/2022 11:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 12/11/2022 9:55:00 PM (view original):
Transgender treatments have lower regret rates than the vast majority of surgeries or medications.

Should one example of someone who regrets back surgery be used as an argument to ban back surgery?
According to who? And of course this is the case - any sane studies showing the opposite would be censored due to "transphobia."

BTW im retired

A total of 27 studies, pooling 7928 transgender patients who underwent any type of GAS, were included. The pooled prevalence of regret after GAS was 1%

Based on this review, there is an extremely low prevalence of regret in transgender patients after GAS. We believe this study corroborates the improvements made in regard to selection criteria for GAS.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8099405/#:~:text=A%20total%20of%2027%20studies,procedures%20and%2067%25%20transfemenine%20procedures.
GAS in this case being sex reassignment surgeries.

The largest study to look at detransition was the U.S. Transgender Survey from 2015 which was a cross-sectional nonprobability study of 27 715 TGD adults (4). This survey included the question “Have you ever de-transitioned? In other words, have you ever gone back to living as your sex assigned at birth, at least for a while?” The survey found that 8% of respondents had detransitioned temporarily or permanently at some point and that the majority did so only temporarily. Rates of detransition were higher in transgender women (11%) than transgender men (4%). The most common reasons cited were pressure from a parent (36%), transitioning was too hard (33%), too much harassment or discrimination (31%), and trouble getting a job (29%).

https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/107/10/e4261/6604653

A new review of medical data has found even more proof that transgender youth know who they are — and that fears over transition regret are dramatically overblown by anti-trans activists.

The study, published October 20 in The Lancet, a prestigious and long-running medical journal, reviewed information from the Amsterdam Cohort of Gender Dysphoria about trans patients who took puberty blockers before turning 18. Researchers examined the medical records of 720 patients at Amsterdam UMC’s Center for Expertise on Gender Dysphoria who had historically received at least three months of puberty blockers as minors, and attempted to determine how many of those patients had an active prescription for hormone replacement therapy on file as of December 31, 2018.

Of the entire cohort, 704 were found to have active HRT prescriptions at the end of the data collection period — a massive 98% of the patients analyzed.

As for the remaining 2%, researchers cautioned that the absence of data doesn’t mean they necessarily returned to identifying with their gender assigned at birth; most of those 16 had undergone some form of gonadectomy as part of their transition-related care, researchers noted, and may not realize they still need hormone treatment to avoid osteoporosis or other conditions. Others could be nonbinary and not desire further hormonal treatment, or may have been pressured into halting treatment by outside stressors, such as unaccepting family members.

https://www.them.us/story/transition-regret-percentage-overblown-study

For context, back and knee surgeries see about a 5-30% regret rate. Hormones and GAS have some of the lowest regret rates of any medical treatment,

12/12/2022 3:22 PM
Of course, there's a 0% chance that gg actually reads and responds to this data because he doesn't care. It's not about facts, logic, or reality. It never was. It's about opposing whatever the "normies" say. If the MSM says it, it must be wrong.

This is the problem with conspiracy brain. Note that there is no possible argument, nothing anyone could possibly say, to cause gg to change his mind on this issue. Any evidence in favor of hormones or GAS is ALSO evidence of the conspiracy. Note his excuse for the FACT that there is very little evidence against puberty blockers or hormones or GAS - that "well, all the opposition studies were suppressed." It's a very convenient excuse with no evidence to back it up.

I don't have conspiracy brain. You could change my mind if the evidence was out there. I fully admit that transgender treatments should be researched more, and if more evidence comes out that puberty blockers or hormones or GAS is harmful, I'm willing to change my mind. That's the difference between gg and me,
12/12/2022 3:28 PM
I'm going to start asking people what evidence would be needed to change their perspective before I respond, because if the answer is "there is none," you can't really do anything about that. Feel free to ask me that follow up question if I make an argument as well
12/12/2022 3:30 PM
tang, haven't you realized yet, that no matter what kind of evidence, facts or logic you show, you will never be able to change most people's minds?
12/12/2022 3:43 PM
I disagree. There are many reasonable people who aren't so poisoned by conspiracy that they can be influenced by reality. GG isn't one of those people.
12/12/2022 4:07 PM
well, maybe people like that exist somewhere, but it ain't here...plus, I said most!
12/12/2022 10:29 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Am I allowed to be concerned? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.