Am I allowed to be concerned? Topic

There's zero, no contradiction in saying "a biological male can and should be able to identify and be treated as a woman socially" and "people shouldn't have sex with fish."
12/17/2022 8:12 PM
I think it's all mental illness.

Hopefully we can agree the help available to those suffering with mental illness is shameful in this country.

So, absent any real help out there, shouldn't we strive as a society to at least make life more bearable and accessible for those who do suffer with a mental illness?

If their actions aren't harming another I don't understand on what grounds we should decide they don't deserve every opportunity to thrive.
12/17/2022 8:16 PM
Posted by tangplay on 12/17/2022 8:14:00 PM (view original):
I've already established this line, doug. One is socially based and one is biologically based. You can identify with some things and not with others. I identify as a Democrat. I can't identify as a 75 year old. We already recognize this.

But there is no "chromosome and genital" definition. It never exited. Gender and sex are not the same thing, regardless of the oversimplications we're taught when we are five years old. There is no biological reason why men wear suits and women wear dresses. Cultures throughout time and place have changed and reformed gender roles. But there have always been two dominant sexes with variation (intersex, abnormalities, etc.)
I disagree.

You are what you are.

A five year old can tell the difference.
12/17/2022 8:17 PM
Posted by DougOut on 12/17/2022 8:17:00 PM (view original):
I've already established this line, doug. One is socially based and one is biologically based. You can identify with some things and not with others. I identify as a Democrat. I can't identify as a 75 year old. We already recognize this.

But there is no "chromosome and genital" definition. It never exited. Gender and sex are not the same thing, regardless of the oversimplications we're taught when we are five years old. There is no biological reason why men wear suits and women wear dresses. Cultures throughout time and place have changed and reformed gender roles. But there have always been two dominant sexes with variation (intersex, abnormalities, etc.)
I disagree.

You are what you are.

A five year old would never imagine a trans woman was anything other than a woman.

Why would they?
12/17/2022 8:26 PM
Posted by bruceleefan on 12/17/2022 8:16:00 PM (view original):

Hopefully we can agree the help available to those suffering with mental illness is shameful in this country.

So, absent any real help out there, shouldn't we strive as a society to at least make life more bearable and accessible for those who do suffer with a mental illness?

If their actions aren't harming another I don't understand on what grounds we should decide they don't deserve every opportunity to thrive.
Agree.

We have a homeless crisis. It can never be neglected. It's one thing to find those capable of work a job. But far too many are unemployable. They are mentally incapable of supporting themselves. They need assistance up to and including constant care. This is where our tax dollars should be going. It should sadden all of us when we think of all the money this government throws away on frivolous causes when we have real needs involving our neighbors and fellow citizens.

12/17/2022 8:31 PM
Posted by bruceleefan on 12/17/2022 8:26:00 PM (view original):

I disagree.

You are what you are.

A five year old would never imagine a trans woman was anything other than a woman.

Why would they?
The first time they saw "her" shaving in the morning?
12/17/2022 8:33 PM
If a 5 year old saw "her" shaving in the morning, I would assume it is "her" child and therefore completely normal to that 5 year old, as it's all they've ever known.
12/17/2022 9:03 PM (edited)
OK.

I'm going to bed now.

Goodnight.

12/17/2022 9:09 PM
Posted by bruceleefan on 12/17/2022 8:16:00 PM (view original):

Depending on how you define it, gender dysphoria is a mental illness. Its best treatment is gender transition.
12/18/2022 1:36 AM
Posted by DougOut on 12/17/2022 8:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bruceleefan on 12/17/2022 8:26:00 PM (view original):

I disagree.

You are what you are.

Why would they?
The first time they saw "her" shaving in the morning?
Most trans women are prescribed estrogen, which decreases the need to shave.

If you were on puberty blockers and then got prescribed estrogen, to all outside observers you look and seem "biologically female." A 5 year old would not know.

But also, who cares? Even if you could tell, why would it matter? That's not an argument.
12/18/2022 1:39 AM
Posted by tangplay on 12/17/2022 8:12:00 PM (view original):
There's zero, no contradiction in saying "a biological male can and should be able to identify and be treated as a woman socially" and "people shouldn't have sex with fish."
No contradiction? My take is the whole idea is total insanity. Absurd. the result of a group of very twisted minds. An insane asylum wouldn't even dream up such rubbish. God made a man, then a woman. Get used to it.. and if I see you ( a male) entering the ladies room when some child is there, I will do my very best to remove you, Only corrupt people would conspire to justify this perversion, and that's what it is
12/19/2022 4:10 AM
So (I hesitate to engage BUT), LNF, you have no knowledge of the Native American's belief and understanding in the 7 "genders"??
The Sioux (and many other tribes) had no difficulty in understanding, and ACCEPTING that there are additional genders besides just male and female.
They accepted those who were different without the fear and hatred you (and so many others) have of those who look/act differently.

Jesus did the same.

You FAIL. You hate, you fear.
You are doomed by your OWN ignorance.

I feel no pity for you.
Only disdain for your arrogance and hatred.
I believe it's time for you to REALLY HUMBLE YOURSELF in Prayer.
Lose your arrogance and hatred in LOVE for his/her blessing and hope and kindness towards your fellow man/woman/human being.

However, I have no expectation that YOU will be able to do so.
Your religiousity and arrogance render that impossible for you to do!

Merry Christmas, however. Maybe the realization of what the Holiday is supposed to honor will jar you into a basic, or even a tad bit of understanding and comprehension!
Peace be with you, and as always, Walk in Beauty!
12/19/2022 8:04 AM (edited)
"Jesus did the same"...think on that, LnF. And Bob, if LNF was jarred into having a basic or tad bit of understanding and comprehension, that would truly be a Christmas miracle.
12/19/2022 2:08 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 12/19/2022 4:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 12/17/2022 8:12:00 PM (view original):
No contradiction? My take is the whole idea is total insanity. Absurd. the result of a group of very twisted minds. An insane asylum wouldn't even dream up such rubbish. God made a man, then a woman. Get used to it.. and if I see you ( a male) entering the ladies room when some child is there, I will do my very best to remove you, Only corrupt people would conspire to justify this perversion, and that's what it is
You, a guy, would walk into the women's room to remove someone you think is a guy?

Ironic
12/19/2022 2:17 PM
What if the guy turns out to be a trans man (biological woman with a vagina) who LOOKS like a cis guy? Wouldn't you want him in the women's room?
12/19/2022 2:18 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Am I allowed to be concerned? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.