Wow! I didn’t know that! Topic

Not many people know this, but when I was younger I actually won the Dawson Trophy, which is annually awarded to the best Red Rover player each season. The award is named for Red “Rover” Dawson, who invented the game Red Rover. In 1965 I won the Dawson Trophy because I had a perfect record both as a runner breaking through the opposing line, and also as part of the defending chain, where I didn’t allow a single opponent to break through.

Another interesting tidbit is that “Rover” Dawson was first cousins with Digby “Flopper” Newbury, who invented falling down. At first “Flopper” was just considered clumsy, but he eventually put this skill to good use playing Association Football for his high school team.
12/9/2022 4:33 PM
Wow! I didn’t know that! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.