Is there a trick to knowing how much a player can play in the playoffs? In the regular season they can play 1.02 of there normal minutes but in the playoffs is that the same. Do days between games matter if you have a bye or sweep leading to days off?
12/12/2022 2:11 PM
I don't think the playoff minutes themselves work any differently from regular season minutes. But the thing about the playoffs is that each day off gives players a small boost to fatigue, as if they had sat for an entire game. Though the effect does not seem to be quite as strong as an entire game off.

Since each rest day adds to the amount of minutes a player can play in the future, earning byes and ending series quickly will significantly increase how long your players can go in future series.

I just wrapped up a run in a theme league where with some of those benefits I was about to get players to 111% of normal minutes with 0 fatigue
1/2/2023 9:37 PM
My math indicates a 2% adder during the 82 game season. That is approximately 400 minutes. So, for the season and with no OT, you would need about 19280 (19680-400) minutes before penalties kick in. Regards the playoffs, I believe you get 10% instead of 2%. If this is correct, and I am sure it is, then it explains why so many good teams purposely draft a lousy "playoff Dead Man" (my words). Dead Man's poor performance is absorbed and tolerated during the regular season but when the playoffs hit, he is long gone and replaced with the 10% quality minute adder of better players. I believe there is an argument to lower the 10% or, at lease, every owner should understand the program so the playing field is equal.
1/14/2023 1:12 PM
you need to take the bye into account for that figure, if you get the bye I think you can throw that dead man off the bench and be fine
1/14/2023 2:34 PM
So do you need to get the bye in order to get the 10%? I know that I have had teams in the playoffs and I go by the 10% rule and then my guys are tired.
1/14/2023 8:25 PM
I have looked at numerous players in the playoffs...1st round, 2nd round and finals and once the player hits 10% over his actual min/game, he drops to 99%. Keep in mind that the 10% allowance replaces the 2% allowance and is not additive. So what does an owner do with this knowledge? Well, not having a Dead Man on your roster will not hurt your season performance because we all have the same $/min allowance but when the 10% kicks in, the Dead Man is dropped and his minutes added to the better players. A big edge in the playoffs. Any disagreements? Where's Ash...have not talked with him for 5 years.
1/14/2023 9:37 PM

Where's Ash...have not talked with him for 5 years.

1/25/2023 8:28 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.